Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And here we go....

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

How's your ring false grip? Grown a pair yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Ant11 wrote: »
    How's your ring false grip? Grown a pair yet?

I'm sure I don't know what you are talking about

Will go back later for some pullup work.

135 x 5 DL
    155 x 3
    172.5 x 3

Been re-evaluating my routine. Like Ant I am looking to go back to basics and especially looking to work on straight arm strength, scapula work and core engagement (along with the damn stretching and mobility work). This will involve static holds and mostly ring work.

I did a training session with COH who managed to work his training log name into the session. Was like when the actors work the movie title into the movie. He did some good work on my squat and DL, will go to him again next week for further fixing. Made a huge difference already.

Back to basics.

Once I see the programme he has for me I will figure out how best to incorporate the gymnastics stuff without over-training.

Did another session with COH, really worthwhile. I am now longer doing movements that look like a squat and deadlift but actually doing them! He is doing up the programme for me and I'll do whatever he says! The medium term goal for me is 180kg squat for reps and 200kg DL for reps.

As for my gymnastics routine, it has been paired back significantly.
    Training days - RTO ring pushups, Bulgarian Dips
    Pull exercises - False Grip/Ring pullups, Sternum pullups/Hangs

Handstands, L-sits/compressions, hollow bodies will be done everyday (even if only for 10/20 minutes) and I will do handstand pushups and planche leans on days I am not in the gym.

I am focusing on these few key movements and want to get proper control (stability) and strength in them. Standard mobility rules apply. I think my progress always got hampered because I was spreading myself thin. Re-read Overcoming gravity and it is what he recommends - 2 push and 2 pull exercises plus maybe an isometric hold.

Funny enough I can't actually do bar muscle ups anymore, been so long since I've done them I'd need to train them again.

So routine would look like this -
    Monday, Friday = Heavy lifting
    Tuesday, Thursdays : Mobility with HSPUs strict
    Wednesdays, Saturdays - Gymnastics strength
    Sunday - Rest

• Advertisement

Training has been going good.

Shoulders feeling the focused work of the push/pull

RTO dips are a b*stard.

Hammies feeling the effects of COH's guidance too.

I've been doing COH's DL/Squat programme and the more focused gymnastics stuffs, pullups on the rings are harder!

Don't think I can do bar muscle ups anymore due to lack of practice!

ferike1 wrote: »
    Don't think I can do bar muscle ups anymore due to lack of practice!

Just like riding a bike dude.

Training going well, did regular forward leaning pushups and dips instead the ring ones and they felt a lot stronger.

Ido Portal weekend. Great stuff.

Short version:

In bits, can't wait to hopefully go again to another one of his seminars. (This was general movement, he has specific ones focusing on different areas of his trainings).

If I could dedicate 3 hours a day to training then I would do his online training programme but I can't commit to that 6 days a week currently.

• Advertisement

So much movement.

Dancing on Tuesdays and Fridays, Capoeira on Wednesdays now plus all the training!

Ido Portal weekend.

If I could dedicate 3 hours a day to training then I would do his online training programme but I can't commit to that 6 days a week currently.

Plus the price tag for a months training.

You'll have to fill me in on the weekend.

Sorted for training.

I picked all the gymnastics bodies programmes. I now have programmes, progressions, mobility work to last for years.

What's interesting about the programmes is the relatively small sets and reps you work. It's all about perfecting and adding complexity.

Been continuing COH's routine and finding where I am on the Gymnastic bodies routines.

I am at varying levels of mobility and strength.

He breaks the foundation routine into 6 core progressions - Single leg squat (EASY!), Rope Climb, Front Lever, Back Lever, Side Lever, Straddle Planche and Manna

It is an interesting approach because a lot of the so called F1 (the easiest level) moves are actually very tough, to build a solid foundation. I can do many later Front lever moves like a dragon flag, but holding a 60 second hollow body perfectly for 5 sets is damn near impossible (and its lower down on the strength scale).

He is also of the opinion you should have mastered all of F2 before continuing onto the rings, so I am a little torn between continuing my rings routine which has been going well or switching to mastering all of F1 and F2 and then going back to rings. To do both would be counterproductive in terms of recovery. More than likely I'll switch to the F1 - F2 routine!

Been continuing COH's routine and finding where I am on the Gymnastic bodies routines.

I am at varying levels of mobility and strength.

He breaks the foundation routine into 6 core progressions - Single leg squat (EASY!), Rope Climb, Front Lever, Back Lever, Side Lever, Straddle Planche and Manna

It is an interesting approach because a lot of the so called F1 (the easiest level) moves are actually very tough, to build a solid foundation. I can do many later Front lever moves like a dragon flag, but holding a 60 second hollow body perfectly for 5 sets is damn near impossible (and its lower down on the strength scale).

He is also of the opinion you should have mastered all of F2 before continuing onto the rings, so I am a little torn between continuing my rings routine which has been going well or switching to mastering all of F1 and F2 and then going back to rings. To do both would be counterproductive in terms of recovery. More than likely I'll switch to the F1 - F2 routine!

I beg to differ. Go through the pelvic tilt stuff in H1 and it will sort it out for ya.

You tried hollow back rocks yet?? Died today after 30s or so. Was being very strict with form but still broke down. Hollow front were doable.

The rocks are hard man. I find front easier than back though. Weird!

Been doing the foundation and HS stuff. Trying reverse pyramid training. Cutting in a hard way. Back down to 88kgs from a heaviest of 93kgs.

Doing loads of dancing with the missus too.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

Just stumbled across this!
    You still training?
    What kinda stuff are you doing now?

Advertisement