Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And here we go....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Human flag practice.

Pullups

Dragon flags

Muscle ups!

rEJga.png
    FGP8l.png

Side back shots

Looking forward to the bodyweight group this weekend! Just been doing light bodyweight stuff at home the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭gymtime

ferike1 wrote: »
    Looking forward to the bodyweight group this weekend! Just been doing light bodyweight stuff at home the last few days.

whats the body weight group?

Posted all over FB and there is a thread on Boards.ie too :)

Every saturday at 2 I go to Cabinteely park and do a bodyweight class, just training with like minded people (free of charge of course).

• Advertisement

ah ok...do you give the class or just participate?

Well I give the class and participate too. NO LIABILITY ASSUMED lol

Deadlift

145 x 5
    165 x 3
    185 x 1

Semi Glute raises
    3 x 8

Some pullups

Bulgarian lunges
    24 kgs x 10
    24kgs x 8
    BW x 20

Back bridges.

Bodyweight in the park today. Mostly showing people stuff.

Was great weather and lots of fun!

On a work training course for the week. Running bodyweight classes and doing bodyweight training. De load week for wendler.

• Advertisement

Signed up to a white collar boxing match in 6 weeks!

Excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Signed up to a white collar boxing match in 6 weeks!

Excited!

Is it for charity?
    Do you know who you'll be boxing. Judging by the photos above some poor ordinary Joe is going to get a pounding!

Not yet. Still looking for other people

It will be another accountant from the Big 4

Yes it will be for charity

Still doing the training with the work peeps

Various bodyweight things which I also partake in when I am not monitoring them to make sure they have good form

e.g pushups, bulgarian lunges, pistols onto chairs, bridges, tabata squats, beginner l-sits

DESTROYING THEM!

Also doing the pull up challenge 5x10 pullups everyday for the month of october (on top of everything else:D:pac:)

For now still able to knock it out my style i.e

10 MU
    10 LSIT
    10 Gironda
    10 Close grip (hands touching)
    10 Close grip chins

Front squat

85 x 5
    97.5 x 5
    110 x 5

Pushups
    Legs on bench
    Superset of Diamond pushups, standard pushups, wide pushups, side to side pushups
    10, 8, 6, 4

Single arm flye extensions
    2 sets of 5 to the side
    2 sets of 5 to the front

Plyometric pushups
    2 x 15

Dips
    2 x 15

Max pushups
    2 sets

Pullups

Back facing wall HSPUs Wide grip

Back facing wall HSPUs close grip

Psuedo planche pushups

L-sit into straddle levers on paralletes

1 arm tiger bends into handstand walk on wall
    (Hard as ****)

Ab roller
    1 x 12

First night of boxing training. Lots of cardio stuff!

Scary Promotional image for WCB

MPxNE.png

lol

how did you fare with the cardio? you will be pitted against a top drawer competitor given your top drawer physique!! have u ever boxed before?

Nah, we are all beginners (I hope). Twas grand, challenging enough but could handle it!

Thanks for the comment lol.

Today's morning session

Typewriter Pullups + Pullups superset

Close grip L-sit Pullups
    Gironda pullups
    Ring Pullups (L sit, regular)
    Reverse L-sit Pullups

Incline bodyweight rows (Close and wide grip superset)

Close grip L-sit Chins

Dragon Flags

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

gymtime wrote: »
    how did you fare with the cardio? you will be pitted against a top drawer competitor given your top drawer physique!! have u ever boxed before?

Anyone who's a half decent boxer knows abs mean nothing...

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    Anyone who's a half decent boxer knows abs mean nothing...

Yeah it just means there are targets to punch :D

If I get put up against someone who has ever boxed in their life for any extended period I will be destroyed.

I am under no illusions here :)

Deadlifts

130 x 5
    150 x 5
    170 x 5

I am going to re-evaluate my Wendler Deadlift, lost some form on the 4/5 lift of the 170. I am working on a 90% max of 200 meaning my absolute ORM is 220 which isn't right. My absolute max currently would be between 190-200ish I'd say. The numbers I was working from was when I was at around 92kg and now I am 7kgs lighter.

Glute ham raises
    3 x 8

Bulgarian lunges
    2 x 10 x 40kg worth of KBss
    1 x 20 x BW

Straight bar dips
    3 x 10

Tried to do circle raises but my hands were killing me (The callouses, need to do something about them, lovely image I know!)

Did some bicep curls with the fat gripz for the tendons.

Wendler making you weaker?

Boxing last night! So much sweat. I lost a kg.

must have been some workout for you to lose 1KG. what did they have you doing? how challenging was it? how long did it take? did your current fitness assist you versus other prospective opponents?!

gymtime wrote: »
    must have been some workout for you to lose 1KG. what did they have you doing? how challenging was it? how long did it take? did your current fitness assist you versus other prospective opponents?!

A 1kg loss isn't that unusual really... Could lose 2-3kg over 2 hours of BJJ!!

Be interested to hear about the boxing training tho :)

So it was jogging at the start for what seemed like ages. Doing stuff like jogging and punching, jumping, slipping, rowing. I think we were running past the heaters or something because it was hot as hell.

We then got into the ring and got into a boxing stance and did open hand tapping, first on the chest and arms. Kept us moving around.

This was then the hardest part imo. We had to slap the the inside/outside of your partner's thighs, this meant you were almost constantly in a squat position springing towards their legs.

Next we got into a pushup position and had to slap the partner's hands while avoiding getting slapped. This went very well for me due to all the plyometric pushup stuff I do which meant I could get both hands off the mat while slapping the other.

Practiced some basic jabs from a technique point of view, got the gloves on and hit the partners hand.

Got onto the bags and one person had to punch the bag 1, 1,2, 1,2,3 up to 10 and then back down while the other held the bag and did squats. Did this a few times. Tiring on the shoulders.

Did some more bag work, lifting knees punching fast

It is very much learning the basics!

Finally we got back into the ring did some pushups, squats and various core exercises.

Sweating soooo much!

From a general fitness point of view I was okay, my breathing was fine, it was individual bodyparts that got tired from constant use, especially shoulders from the constant punching. Also probably didn't help I worked legs earlier!

Trainer is sound and is good at teaching the basics which is what I need mainly!
    I definitely think that all the general work I do helps me as I can focus more on technique and speed rather than having to get my fitness and strength up to scratch.

Sounds like the same way they did it for my fight last year.

My big bug bear was the amount of conditioning because of people's poor fitness standards funnily enough!! Woulda liked more actual boxing.

Who's the coach? Tamir (sp)?

It's Ritchie who is training us.

Yeah there was a lot of conditioning indeed. I don't mind too much as it is training me a different way but I would like to box more. You (past tense as you are no longer one) and I aren't typical accountants though!

Did you win your fight??

• Advertisement

It's Ritchie who is training us.

Yeah there was a lot of conditioning indeed. I don't mind too much as it is training me a different way but I would like to box more. You (past tense as you are no longer one) and I aren't typical accountants though!

Did you win your fight??

No! Fought some absolute long armed bar steward. He could pick me off with jabs and I was still 6-8 inches away.

10836-Streetfighter_dhalsim_illust.png

When/where's the fight?

BOARDS.IE NIGHT OUT.

Advertisement