Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC down?

Options
  • 04-06-2012 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭

My UPC TV and internet connection has stopped working in the last hour or so. Is anyone else having this problem or is there something wrong at my end? I'm in the west of the city, by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 JackyJoe

Yep, Its down. Gave them a call and after a lot of "push 1" push 3" etc etc. I got an automated answer that said "they were aware of a problem in the Galway city area and were working blah blah blah" Taking them long enough.Do not hold out too much hope for the Rep Irl Friendly game.:mad:. Though by the time I finish this very tasty single malt whiskey out the back of the house in on the sun lounger hopefully it will be back, if not, then a second tumbler of very tasty single malt will suffice :).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Down here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

bloody upc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

dan hibiki wrote: »
    bloody upc.
    Indeed!

Message now says estimated fix time is 9 tomorrow. Guess who didn't want to work late :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Everything working grand over in the Terryland area :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

It came back around 10.30-11.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Seems to be gone again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Yep, gone again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Does UPC have a money-back policy on outages like this?
    You are paying for a service that is not available. What if you were working for home and relied on an internet connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

Just rang upc they said service should be back in an hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 booyakasha

had no problem last night or this morning, its gone at this moment tho. i'm in renmore area. guess there's no point to ring them...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tunesmiff

Can connect now but being throttled to 1mb/s download and 2.5mb/s upload (Galway City centre).

Just rang them to confirm, they're still having issues and are working to fix them ASAP in the city area (no surprise there).

still no net here, channels seem to be working tho, the few I checked anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

its back in roscam now

back in renmore also.
    holding my breath it stays that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

im surprised us renmore saps werent hit first! they really are a sh1t internet provider in terms of stuff like this happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Still no telly on the westside of the city. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

UPC broadband still down in knocknacarra this morning. Its really been a nightmare recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

We lost it Monday, came back Monday evening, went again Tuesday.

They've started texting updates out, so at least they're doing something to help keep customers informed.

Was supposed to be back last night but wasn't. Didn't check it this morning, but I think it's still down.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭gudpony

Our broadband has been down for 3 days now in ballyloughane road, renmore.. anyone else down in renmore?

• Advertisement
Advertisement