Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Very strict with late claims?

• 04-06-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am about to apply for JSA, I very much doubt I will get JSB as I very rarely earned enough to pay PRSI. I have been unemployed since the end of February but because I live at home and had money in my account, I haven't felt the need to apply until now. I didn't realise that you are supposed to apply the next day, all my own fault of course. I have had several interviews so didn't think it would come to this. In my opinion I would feel guilty claiming while I still had money in my account and no rent/bills/children etc. to worry about.

Anyway, if they cannot backdate it fully that's fine, major bonus if they can at all. But will they be really annoyed at it and potentially refuse me? Anyone came across a case like that? I filled out the 'late claims' part of the form honestly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

They wont backdate your money.
    JB is paid based on the number of insurable weeks you worked not on how much prsi you paid do you may be lucky.

They may ask why you delayed.
    If you say you were living on savings you will probably be asked to provide evidence so have your bank book with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Anyway, if they cannot backdate it fully that's fine, major bonus if they can at all. But will they be really annoyed at it and potentially refuse me? Anyone came across a case like that? I filled out the 'late claims' part of the form honestly.

Forget about back dating. As long as you meet the terms of qualifiying for JSA, e.g Being available for and genuinely seeking full time work and you satisfy the means test then you should qualify for JSA and thats all that matters.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Just an update on this, applied around the 15th of June which was no hassle just had to state I was living off savings. Two weeks ago I got the form to fill out jobs applied for an evidence and sent that back. On the front was a slip saying to fill it out 'in order to facilitate your request for backdating'..which I didn't request. Wasn't sure what to make of that. Yesterday got the slip with sign on date, saying first payment will be issued to my home by cheque. Today got confirmation letter stating again about the cheque and that I will be paid dating from 1st March!! To clarify, contract ended 24th February, applied on June 15th. And shockingly enough I qualify for JSB for 9 months. I'll just have to wait on the cheque but it sounds to me they are going to backdate it fully. Gobsmacked if that is the case!

Advertisement