Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC permit validity period

Options
  • 04-06-2012 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, did anyone else out there only get a 6 month permit validity period on their letter of introduction? It's meant to be a year from when the letter of introduction is issued but is not in my case! Is this a mistake or have they changed the rules yet again?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

Escapees wrote: »
    Just wondering, did anyone else out there only get a 6 month permit validity period on their letter of introduction? It's meant to be a year from when the letter of introduction is issued but is not in my case! Is this a mistake or have they changed the rules yet again?!

Mine was 12 months. I can only imagine its got something to do with eligibility. Your passport expiration date, Your age, Your habitual residency. If not affected by something like that then perhaps its a mistake. Let us know if you figure it out one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Escapees

NoelAPM wrote: »
    Mine was 12 months. I can only imagine its got something to do with eligibility. Your passport expiration date, Your age, Your habitual residency. If not affected by something like that then perhaps its a mistake. Let us know if you figure it out one way or another.

I'm pretty sure it's a mistake but as to how and whether it can be fixed is another matter. Have filled in the website form but it says there's no guarantee anyone will get back and if they do it'll take up to 28 days! It's so annoying the way you can't pick up the phone and ring the IEC people, and the way the Dublin office totally disassociate themselves from the whole thing!

Advertisement