Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Timber Pallets

• 04-06-2012 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

These are turing out to be a right pain now around the place. What do people normally do with them? I haven't the time or patience to split them for firing.
    Will a timber recycling place take them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

pakalasa wrote: »
    These are turing out to be a right pain now around the place. What do people normally do with them? I haven't the time or patience to split them for firing.

If they are in good nick, there used to be a lot of pallet agents who will pay for them. Has this stopped?

If they are old, you can bring them to the local authority recycling centres, which usually have a skip for waste wood, and charge you something nominal (maybe €5 a trailer load for me locally).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

You could stick an ad up on adverts.ie or done deal for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pms7

Yes, and watch the ads, usually there is some guy with time to chop them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

pms7 wrote: »
    Yes, and watch the ads, usually there is some guy with time to chop them
    yes, my other half gets sent out to cut up pallets:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

brought a heap back to coop this year, they took them no prob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

brought a heap back to coop this year, they took them no prob
    Great, thats the answer I was looking for.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

I put six of them together in a rectangle joined by straps at the corners and length. This becomes my plastic dump for the winter for silage wrap. Very neat and tidy.

It also became a wind break/sun trap for the calves that were out around the yard over the winter and they found it is a lie-down area.

If you have square bales or round bales of hay. the pallets are a great job underneath them or against a wall to prevent damage from the ground.

I'm sure there are many uses for them, including firewood.

Great, thats the answer I was looking for.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭NewBeefFarmer

ahh. . . only for i have 15 or 20 to cut up yet from building the house, id be off with me trailer. . .

im all on for stone outside/timber in the fire . .

Advertisement