Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiver Friday in Clonmel

Options
  • 04-06-2012 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Every Friday is fiver Friday in Clonmel, local businesses have special offers for a fiver.

Its not well advertised so I decided to post this and maybe anyone who has bought something for a fiver can post here and we can all see what bargains we are missing out on.

I had a roast beef dinner in Mister Bumbles a few weeks ago, a bargain for 5e.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,688 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

hamco wrote: »
    Every Friday is fiver Friday in Clonmel, local businesses have special offers for a fiver.

Its not well advertised so I decided to post this and maybe anyone who has bought something for a fiver can post here and we can all see what bargains we are missing out on.

You're welcome :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭hamco

callaway92 wrote: »
    You're welcome :cool:[/QUOTE

Mister Bumble is that you?

Am I to take it from the lack of replies, that people are not aware of this offer?:confused:

It seems a great way to get customers in the door of any business supporting the scheme, ok they may not make much off the fiver Friday deal but it should lead to other sales.

If I had a business in town and I could offer a deal on Friday, then I would at least put a notice in my window to attract customers.

Even if a few got together and took out an ad in the local paper .it would help promote this great scheme.

We see loads of posts here about the lack of people using the town centre and someone comes up with what I think is A great idea but its not been promoted enough:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Not sure whether this has been promoted in the Nationalist/South Tipp myself however have seen some of the businesses on O'Connell St(Gormans bakery etc) with small signs in the window which you possible would not even notice unless going into the shop....

Found out about Mr Bumbles deal as had my mother staying there recently - not sure whether they are advertising it outside on their billboard though(know that they advertise other things ie breakfast/evening meal etc)

Brgds
    Johnny

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Not sure whether this has been promoted in the Nationalist/South Tipp myself however have seen some of the businesses on O'Connell St(Gormans bakery etc) with small signs in the window which you possible would not even notice unless going into the shop....

Found out about Mr Bumbles deal as had my mother staying there recently - not sure whether they are advertising it outside on their billboard though(know that they advertise other things ie breakfast/evening meal etc)

Brgds
    Johnny

Would you believe it was my mother who put me wise to mister bumbles too lol.

Tomorrow I am going to walk around and see if its easy to spot who has deals on offer and post my findings here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

Had reason to visit Clonmel today and did not see much going for a fiver. I did get a voucher in McDonalds however offering me a Big Mac or a McChicken Sandwich with Medium Fries for €3-80.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Miss Ellies do a different meal deal for €5 on Fridays.
    Today it was a snack box meal, last week it was a chicken fillet burger meal.

This facebook page has a few of the local offers too!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fiver-Friday-Local-Heroes-Clonmel/181516531954685

Country pork had 5 pork chops for 5e yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

Thank you Hamco, I will certainly look out for this when I am in Clonmel on Fridays, and as they say every little helps! :)

Barnet wrote: »
    Thank you Hamco, I will certainly look out for this when I am in Clonmel on Fridays, and as they say every little helps! :)

Let us know what you find:D

• Advertisement

Friday is nearly here again, off I go in search of more bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

This there a web site with a list of businesses with the Friday fiver offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

There is a facebook page for the offers - work away and sure you never know other businesses might even join it day by day : )

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

According to there facebook page Mr Bumbles have bacon and cabbage with parsley sauce for 5 euro tomorrow between 2 and 4.

clansman wrote: »
    This there a web site with a list of businesses with the Friday fiver offer?

Check out post 8, its got a link to a Facebook page.

I walked around town on Friday morning and never saw anyone advertising a fiver deal, the only one I came across (through the facebook link) was Ryans butchers offering a pound and a half of steak mince for a fiver.

Looks like this Fiver Friday is dead in the water:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

I didn't get into Clonmel on Friday due to the horrible weather, but I hope local businesses haven't given up on Fiver Friday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

I was in Mr Bumbles on Friday and they definitely had it on this week.

Barnet wrote: »
    I didn't get into Clonmel on Friday due to the horrible weather, but I hope local businesses haven't given up on Fiver Friday!!

Not sure what the story is, as I have said since my first post its not very well advertised.
    I love a bargain and had hoped by posting here it would draw a bit of interest but thats not the case, at least not as much as I hoped it would.

Still we will solder onwards and upwards and see what next Friday brings:D

I see Lyons chipper are doing a meal deal every day for 4.95e

• Advertisement

I see Lyons chipper are doing a meal deal every day for 4.95e
    I have availed of that deal a few times,large taco chip and can of coke,not bad.:cool:

tippspur wrote: »
    I have availed of that deal a few times,large taco chip and can of coke,not bad.:cool:

I do like a taco chip, cant beat it after a few pints:D

Just found out abra have a 3e deal every day, not sure what the offer is but must check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

I do like a taco chip, cant beat it after a few pints:D

Just found out abra have a 3e deal every day, not sure what the offer is but must check it out.

That Ali's kebab place does a huge one for a fiver, great after O'keeffes.
    Not as good as the ones Mayfair did though! :(

ciano1 wrote: »
    That Ali's kebab place does a huge one for a fiver, great after O'keeffes.
    Not as good as the ones Mayfair did though! :(

Must go in there, Ive never tried their food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

Where is the Ali's Kebab place.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Monisey

Where is the Ali's Kebab place.

It's beside o'Sullivans insurance, near The Office pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

Monisey wrote: »
    It's beside o'Sullivans insurance, near The Office pub.

Thanks.

Mr Bumbles has Lasagne for fiver Friday this week.get in early as they say.

Advertisement