Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus Accommodation

Options
  • 04-06-2012 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

So campus accommodation booking for continuing undergrads is tomorrow!! I'm thinking of booking Merville, hopefully, anyone know what houses are done up? Is is houses 10-20?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭kilrush

sorry to hijack the thread but if we book ucd accomodation tomorrow and find somewhere else to stay can we get our money back ? thanks Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DocToBe

Hi Tom, yeah you get your deposit back if you cancel before a certain date! The policy is on the accommodation section of the website, think it's before the end if June but I'm not 100% sure, after that date they keep your deposit!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

As far as I know, it's houses 15-26 that are renovated in Merville.

And you can cancel up until 30th June and get your deposit back minus a 10% administration charge!

http://www.ucd.ie/residences/studentpages/refunds/

• Registered Users Posts: 46 000chris000

Has anybody any idea what time (roughly ) this normally opens - i know last year the system crashed but is it normally a 5am kinda thing?

Has anybody any idea what time (roughly ) this normally opens - i know last year the system crashed but is it normally a 5am kinda thing?
    I see the SU said on Facebook that residences have told them that it won't open before 7am!!

• Advertisement

Just saw that there, not sure how much I believe it! hoping and praying to get on campus again

That's what I'm thinking as well, would love to believe it tho, dreading the thought of getting up at 5am for a repeat of last year!! Desperately want campus tho so it'll be worth the early start!

Ya I think im just gonna go to bed now and get up at 5 to start my refreshing, by the sounds of last year ill need all the energy i can get

Just to make sure, everyone else's currently has closed in red beside semester 1 2012/13 etc. ??

yup, thats what i have too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

how long does it usually take the places to fill up ? Theres only like 250 isn't there ? I really want res !

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sh1tin-a-brick

Staying up all night refreshing the page.... Spent first year off campus, was utter ****e, not diong it again this year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Hey do we have to pay or deposit tomorrow when the room booking opens? Or is it in august or later on?
    And i persume the deposit in 350e again?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 sonate

still closed...

Locker10a wrote: »
    Hey do we have to pay or deposit tomorrow when the room booking opens? Or is it in august or later on?
    And i persume the deposit in 350e again?

I guess we have to pay 350e while booking

Yeah we have to pay the deposit when booking! Are we all just refreshing the UCD Residences Booking Form page? Really paranoid Im on the wrong page!

DocToBe wrote: »
    Yeah we have to pay the deposit when booking! Are we all just refreshing the UCD Residences Booking Form page? Really paranoid Im on the wrong page!

on the SISWeb under the sttudent services tab, right?

sonate wrote: »
    on the SISWeb under the sttudent services tab, right?

Yeah :)

have a bad feeling its going to crash at 7 :(

I have the same bad feeling!
    Wish it just open now, so we could get some sleep!
    In hindsight, I think I was foolish not to bellieve the SU's fb update, sure there would be some uproar if it opened before 7 and them telling people otherwise!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

There we go!

Neeson wrote: »
    There we go!

nah its still okay !

is it online for anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Mine went just as it struck 7 but it's OK now. Everyone probably hit refresh at that point.

still "closed" in red!!! why!!!:(

is it online for anyone?

No!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cmccarthy0470

has anyone been succesful yet, mine still says closed?

has anyone been succesful yet, mine still says closed?

Mine's the same!

Summer 2012: ClosedSemester 1 2012/13: ClosedSemester 2 2012/13: ClosedSummer 2013: Closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 cmccarthy0470

Neeson wrote: »
    Mine went just as it struck 7 but it's OK now. Everyone probably hit refresh at that point.

yours was succesful...mine still isnt...were you able to complete booking?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement