Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus Accommodation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Carzado

Yashir0 wrote: »
    Seriously?
    Yeah...I thought I'd never get aa spot but in a week I got an offer. I got proby.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aurora2012

Carzado wrote: »
    Apartment 1 room 2, proby residence house 2. quite close

Are you a first year student ?

Aurora2012 wrote: »
    Are you a first year student ?
    I'm a post graduate student. my first time at UCD though

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Magnolia27

I'm a post graduate student. my first time at UCD though

Are you studying in Blackrock or Belfield?

Magnolia27 wrote: »
    Are you studying in Blackrock or Belfield?

I'm will be studying in Belfield. How about you? Postgrad? Belfield or Blackrock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 magpie0508

I'm will be studying in Belfield. How about you? Postgrad? Belfield or Blackrock?
    So how will you commute between belfield and blackrock?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Magnolia27

Yes, I'm also a postgrad, going to study in Belfield. Also got a room in Proby, but was quite bothered by the distance to Belfield and thought maybe only Blackrock students stay in Proby. But, apparently this is not the case :)

magpie0508 wrote: »
    So how will you commute between belfield and blackrock?

I'm hoping to use the bus service but its like that's not too reliable.

Magnolia27 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm also a postgrad, going to study in Belfield. Also got a room in Proby, but was quite bothered by the distance to Belfield and thought maybe only Blackrock students stay in Proby. But, apparently this is not the case :)

Ok that's great. I was thinking I'll be the only Belfield bound student. Anyways I'm in for Master in Public Health.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jojogaya

I was wondering, when you're number ten on the waitlist, does anyone know if it means that
    a) if ten people cancel, you'll get a room
    b) if ten people cancel in your category you'll get a room
    c) even if ten people cancel, if they're not in your category, you still won't get a room?

'Cause I see people in forums who seem to want to cancel but they're not full-year Erasmus students so I might still not stand a chance anyways.

• Advertisement

I'm afraid b) is the right answer since I'm almost sure there are several lists (that would explain why you're 10 on the list and I'm 13 even though I applied before you).
    Maybe you can ask: Residences@ucd.ie :)

When I contacted the accommodation office they told me we can send an email to roombookingsupport@ucd.ie in order to get information about off-campus accommodation. But I sent an email last friday and I'm still waiting for the answer...
    You can also have a look at this for information about off-campus accommodation (from page 20 or so): http://issuu.com/advantagepointpromotions/docs/international_student_handbook_2012_a5_final_for_p

I got a room !!! :D
    I was 13th on the list at 3:55pm (Irish time) and I got the offer at 4pm.
    I'll live in Belgrove House 33.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CanadianMBA

Anyone else in proby? we know of 3 that are in our apartment so far. we're curious to find out who else.

Apartment 5 Room 5, Proby Residence House 4

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Yashir0

Congratulations to you! I'm 120th on the list now,seems hopelss:(

You're sooooooo lucky!!!!! I'm so jealous now!!!

You had a friend on the waitlist too, didn't you? Do you know if he or she got a room?

Fingers crossed for you all! :)

I still don't get it since my friend who is an Erasmus full year and applied before me didn't get a room yet...(she's still 5th on the list)
    Are you still 10th on the list ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 techair

Hi all,

Does anybody know if there is houses for Post Grad students?

I'm going to UCD in September. I heard there are houses which the residential department of the college 'keep' or prefer to keep for Post Grads as they'd not want to be mixed in with 1st years going mental! :p

Seemed kind of silly to me at first but kind of made sense.

Just verifying has anyone heard this too? If not, would there be anyone to talk to about it?

Thanks a lot! :)

I think the post grad waitlist moves quicker than most ccos I got from 670 to being offered a place in 7 days. It depends on which groupp you belong to.

techair wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anybody know if there is houses for Post Grad students?

I'm going to UCD in September. I heard there are houses which the residential department of the college 'keep' or prefer to keep for Post Grads as they'd not want to be mixed in with 1st years going mental! :p

Seemed kind of silly to me at first but kind of made sense.

Just verifying has anyone heard this too? If not, would there be anyone to talk to about it?

Thanks a lot! :)
    All you have to do is join the waitlist from your SIS page. I did the same And I got a place.. Quite a Good one I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 techair

Ok, cool thanks! :)

and would I be able to move in with other Post Grads (which I know) in the same house?

• Advertisement

techair wrote: »
    Ok, cool thanks! :)

and would I be able to move in with other Post Grads (which I know) in the same house?

You'll be offfered several apartments which have space. You can then book one. If you. And your friends get offers at the same time and there's ann apartment that can take you all i guess u can all book that.

I'm looking to know if anyone is in Proby Apartment 1 Proby residence House 2. I'm in room 2. I want to know my flatmates :D

Fingers crossed for you all! :)

I still don't get it since my friend who is an Erasmus full year and applied before me didn't get a room yet...(she's still 5th on the list)
    Are you still 10th on the list ?

Yes, im still 10th. Your friend must be on the same list that I am then. Cest la merde.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jmt09005

Anyone in Glenomena?! Non-eu exchange, randomly picked Glenomena, fingers crossed!! Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 9 robyro

I have new hope seeing the list moving :)

But I have an another problem now: I applied as erasmus single semester for semester 1, but I change my mind and I prefer to start in semester 2.
    Does anyone know what I have to do with the waitlist? Is it the same for semester 1 and 2 or do I have to change somenthing??

I wrote to International Office and I had no answer yet, I wrote to Residence staff and they send me the usual mail that says "there aren't any room left, look for off campus accomodation" ....maybe they didn't understand :confused:

Anyone with the same problem who can help me?

Hope you'll get one room!

you won't be able to book a room for the 2nd semester unless somebody change it for you.
    I was registered as a full year student and ask them to change it to single semester only but I wrote an email to the Erasmus office who contacted somebody but I don't know who sorry.

I guess you got an automatic reply and you should probably call them instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 robyro

ok, it's pretty good to know at least that there is somebody in Erasmus office who can change it for me.
    They said they are out for sick leave at now, so I contacted the alternative email they sent me, I will wait...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 sonate

I'm looking to know if anyone is in Proby Apartment 1 Proby residence House 2. I'm in room 2. I want to know my flatmates :D

i'm in house 2!!! but A3:(

sonate wrote: »
    i'm in house 2!!! but A3:(
    awww..... thats not too bad we are in the same house not too far.:)

• Advertisement

I just got an offer for Muckross, how is it? Is anyone in there yet? I read really bad reviews about this place....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement