Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus Accommodation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

sonate wrote: »
    Waitlist place: 2920 surely i won't get it.. should we pay the 350e now?????

you have to get offered a room first, its not looking good atm

• Registered Users Posts: 44 sonate

should we wait for email from UCD then pay it within 24 hours or sometime else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

should we wait for email from UCD then pay it within 24 hours or sometime else?

Places will be offered from the 6th of June at 4pm and thereafter each weekday until the allocation is full.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DocToBe

im 2382 on the waitlist.. that cant be good....

What time did you apply to be 2382? Stupid thing kept crashing! :( I'm actually so upset now!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Same im two thousand and something aswell! Dont think il get it! but like what the hell? I thought we get to book our rooms today? And did any of you see the comment about only paying your deposit now guarentees a place but then there is no option to pay a deposit just the waitlist! Whats that about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 000chris000

i applied at the very beginning! literally second before i posted that, all my friends are in the 2000's though i havent heard of anyone below my place yet! but still it says that thats the waitlist "for your category", even though i dont know how nearly 3,000 people could have joined the list within the space of 2 minutes :/

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cmccarthy0470

im 2827...i cant believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 foireannj

I got 2406 and I clicked it as soon as it was available!

Just occurred to me, the allocation policy is this:
    Category
    Allocation
    Junior Year (CAO)
    737 Spaces
    Continuing Years
    285 Spaces
    Senior Years (Final and Postgraduate)
    490 Spaces
    International Undergraduates
    910 Spaces
    Residence Scholarship Schemes
    231 Spaces
    TOTAL SPACES FOR ALLOCATION
    2,653 Spaces

So our number could include the "reserved" spots for categories other than our own or applications from different categories for rooms we can't apply for...?

It seems mad that 2500 would successfully book in in under 2 minutes

so what can we do about it now? wait for the email that asks us to pay???

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CanadianMBA

i'm 2514. so clearly i was slow on clicking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 foireannj

so what can we do about it now? wait for the email that asks us to pay???

yup!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

is anyone actually below 2000 ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

foireannj wrote: »
    I got 2406 and I clicked it as soon as it was available!

Just occurred to me, the allocation policy is this:

Category

Allocation

Junior Year (CAO)
    737 Spaces

Continuing Years
    285 Spaces

Senior Years (Final and Postgraduate)
    490 Spaces

International Undergraduates
    910 Spaces

Residence Scholarship Schemes
    231 Spaces

TOTAL SPACES FOR ALLOCATION
    2,653 Spaces

So our number could include the "reserved" spots for categories other than our own or applications from different categories for rooms we can't apply for...?

It seems mad that 2500 would successfully book in in under 2 minutes

I hope your right!!! That would make things look alot better!

i applied at the very beginning! literally second before i posted that, all my friends are in the 2000's though i havent heard of anyone below my place yet! but still it says that thats the waitlist "for your category", even though i dont know how nearly 3,000 people could have joined the list within the space of 2 minutes :/

I applied right away as well, like a minute after you, and there's 300 odd places between us!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Tara_Rxxx

how many people share one bathroom in blackrock res?

any body knows it? thanks!!!!!

Blackrock has 3 places:
    Proby
    Halls
    Novitiate

Proby and novitiate are in the same building but are completely diff! Probys new and tbh i havent a clue what its like

I was in novitiate last year and i had a great time!Met friends for life there! you share bathrooms and kitchens, bathroom has like 3 toilet cubicles and 5 showers, water always good!
    Plus kitchen and bathrooms get cleaned everyday!
    Oh yeah noviate has 2 floors with about 15 people so 30 in total, but as with every place ya need to make the effort to get to know others.

halls is just out the backdoor of proby and novitiate, it has waaaay more rooms possibly 150 or so. Rooms are slightly smaller than novitiates but still really good, bigger than on-campus ones. Halls can b quit daunting esp at the start but as the year went on it was mighty craic! you have a small-ish kitchen that you share with the rooms around you, maybe 6 or 7 rooms.

hmmm thats all i can think of for now...so yeah anymore questions throw them this way!
    :)

2397 on the waitlist, don't think I'll get it :(

Hey neighbour! I'm 2398! Also i think we will, because incoming first years are also on the list hence the high numbers!
    PMA positive mental attitude, WE WILL GET IT!!!!:D

The waiting list started at 2300 today!! just been confirmed :D

And does our current wait list include undergrads, final years and postgrads??

hi everyone! the system said the email will be sent to the student's "UCD Connect email", what is the "UCD Connect email"? How to get it ? thank you!

To get to your UCD email, log onto UCD connect and on the home page, on the top right hand corner, theres a gmail link - thats your UCD email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 pitpat

The waiting list started at 2300 today!! just been confirmed :D

Source?

actually if you go onto SIS again theyre after fixing the whole thing - ive now dropped to 19 on the list!

pitpat wrote: »
    Source?

source was an RA working in merville office atm

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pitpat

tres bien

thank you

Waitlist place: 238
    what happened? It was 2917 previously.

The 2917 had included the incoming first year students who were allready on the waiting list, but UCD IT just have just seperated them from the list, so youve gone down to 238

Wahey! i'm 30! :D

hi 000chris000! I'm going to smurfit in autumn, do i have to get my UCD Connect email? but the accommodation system will send message to the UCD Connect email so seems i have to get one...but how to get my username and password? Thank you!!

Tara_Rxxx wrote: »
    Blackrock has 3 places:
    Proby
    Halls
    Novitiate

Proby and novitiate are in the same building but are completely diff! Probys new and tbh i havent a clue what its like

I was in novitiate last year and i had a great time!Met friends for life there! you share bathrooms and kitchens, bathroom has like 3 toilet cubicles and 5 showers, water always good!
    Plus kitchen and bathrooms get cleaned everyday!
    Oh yeah noviate has 2 floors with about 15 people so 30 in total, but as with every place ya need to make the effort to get to know others.

halls is just out the backdoor of proby and novitiate, it has waaaay more rooms possibly 150 or so. Rooms are slightly smaller than novitiates but still really good, bigger than on-campus ones. Halls can b quit daunting esp at the start but as the year went on it was mighty craic! you have a small-ish kitchen that you share with the rooms around you, maybe 6 or 7 rooms.

hmmm thats all i can think of for now...so yeah anymore questions throw them this way!
    :)

Thank u Tara! But there seems isn't a "Novitiate" on the list :(..
    http://www.ucd.ie/residences/residences/
    Is it a part of blackrock or proby or somethin? Thank u!

• Advertisement

Ya im guessing you will need one! your username is your UCD student number ( im not sure where you would get this ) and in general your password is your date of birth, in the form DDMMYY, so if your birth date is the 1st of december 2001, it would be 011201

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement