Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Campus Accommodation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 foireannj

The waiting list started at 2300 today!! just been confirmed :D

Thanks for the heads up!

Gone down from 2406 to 21!! Definitely doing a victory dance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭Tara_Rxxx

sonate wrote: »
    Thank u Tara! But there seems isn't a "Novitiate" on the list :(..
    http://www.ucd.ie/residences/residences/
    Is it a part of blackrock or proby or somethin? Thank u!

http://www.ucd.ie/residences/studentpages/checkinprocedures/

if you click that link you'll see for blackrock it has proby, novitiate and halls!

its in the same building as proby, but its basically the same setup as halls. it says for the info on halls 180 rooms, so basically its the 30 in novitiate and 150 in blackrock!

hope this helps!

Anyone know which 6 house in merville have the 5 bedrooms? or where i can find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 sonate

Tara_Rxxx wrote: »
    http://www.ucd.ie/residences/studentpages/checkinprocedures/

if you click that link you'll see for blackrock it has proby, novitiate and halls!

its in the same building as proby, but its basically the same setup as halls. it says for the info on halls 180 rooms, so basically its the 30 in novitiate and 150 in blackrock!

hope this helps!

Thank you Tara! It really helps!!:D

Ya im guessing you will need one! your username is your UCD student number ( im not sure where you would get this ) and in general your password is your date of birth, in the form DDMMYY, so if your birth date is the 1st of december 2001, it would be 011201

thanks chris! I can logon the SISWeb with my student number and date of birth (DDMMYY) smoothly but it just doesn't work with UCD Connect :confused:

btw I'm not a smurfit student yet (I'll be in smurfit in september and i've just got my student number last week). Do i have to got a UCD Connect email now in order to get message about accommodation?

many thanks!

Wendi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 000chris000

sonate wrote: »
    thanks chris! I can logon the SISWeb with my student number and date of birth (DDMMYY) smoothly but it just doesn't work with UCD Connect :confused:

btw I'm not a smurfit student yet (I'll be in smurfit in september and i've just got my student number last week). Do i have to got a UCD Connect email now in order to get message about accommodation?

many thanks!

Wendi

Im guessing if you can sign into SIS you should be able to sign into UCD Connect aswel - thats where your email comes from! to be honest id say you should ring the UCD Student Desk and they will tell you what to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

Anyone know which 6 house in merville have the 5 bedrooms? or where i can find out?

6 i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 cmccarthy0470

Does anyone know if Proby fills up fast?

House 1 definitely has 5 rooms. In general I think it's the houses that overlap the arches. You'd have to have a map of merville to figure out which ones they'd be though...

If you can see the info for the apartment, can you not see how many housemates are in there? (I'm not sure, I haven't gotten that far in the registration process yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DocToBe

As there are 285 places for continuing undergrads, does that mean that there are only a certain amount in each res, as in only like 50 places for them in Merville, 50 in Belgrove etc. or just 285 places over anywhere, like hypothetically speaking all 285 could book in the same res??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Pretty sure it's just 285 places anywhere!

Pretty sure it's just 285 places anywhere!

Thanks Timbuk2, makes me more confident of hopefully getting Merville, at no.263 on the waitlist!! At 263, surely I'm guaranteed some accommodation with there being 285 places??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

DocToBe wrote: »
    Thanks Timbuk2, makes me more confident of hopefully getting Merville, at no.263 on the waitlist!! At 263, surely I'm guaranteed some accommodation with there being 285 places??

I would imagine so, you should definitely get an email today, or maybe tomorrow, if they're spreading it out on different days! You should have no problem getting Merville - remember unlike with incoming first years, most of these apartments are currently 'empty' on the system, so you'll have a large choice of houses and apartments once you actually get into the booking.

foireannj wrote: »
    House 1 definitely has 5 rooms. In general I think it's the houses that overlap the arches. You'd have to have a map of merville to figure out which ones they'd be though...

If you can see the info for the apartment, can you not see how many housemates are in there? (I'm not sure, I haven't gotten that far in the registration process yet)

Thanks, forgot that you can check whos in an apartment when ur booking! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Magnolia27

I had problems with logging on to SIS and just received my new student number and pin. On the waitlist on 650-something place. I'm an incoming postgrad, so am I right in assuming that my chances of receiving accommodation are pretty low? Any ideas?

Magnolia27 wrote: »
    I had problems with logging on to SIS and just received my new student number and pin. On the waitlist on 650-something place. I'm an incoming postgrad, so am I right in assuming that my chances of receiving accommodation are pretty low? Any ideas?

it is said that the last year undergrad and postgrad have 490 places in total..but i guess there would be people left the list for some reasons so keep waiting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 Aurora2012

Hi everybody,

I am coming next September as an Erasmus student and hope to get a room in Merville or Belgrove.
    I have read the "guide to living on campus" (available HERE)and it says that electricity is included in the utilities we have to pay in instalments: "Utility charges cover essential services including electricity, recycling and heating. They are a fixed charge for the year and are payable along with the residential fees in three instalments."
    But I have read on a few blogs that people living in certain residences have to buy electricity cards which are not free I guess.

Does anyone know more about that ?

By the way which residence between Belgrove and Merville is the best ? (noise, cleanliness, equipment...)

Thanks in advance! ;)

Booked, hello Merville!! :)

Aurora2012 wrote: »
    "Utility charges cover essential services including electricity, recycling and heating. They are a fixed charge for the year and are payable along with the residential fees in three instalments."
    But I have read on a few blogs that people living in certain residences have to buy electricity cards which are not free I guess.

In the past, electricity was also done with electricty cards and there was no seperately indicated utilities charge. As far as I know (correct me anyone if I'm wrong), the separate utility charge replaces that system. It's quite a recent change (as in, I used the old system there two years ago) so that might be why people still talk about it.
    Aurora2012 wrote: »

By the way which residence between Belgrove and Merville is the best ? (noise, cleanliness, equipment...)

Thanks in advance! wink.gif

Merville. Without a doubt. Belgrove is older, shabbier and nosier. Mind you, a lot of first years like it because its a bit wilder and louder.

Booked, hello Merville!! :)

You got your email already Doc? Are you a senior undergrad??

Waiting, waiting, waiting for mine...!

• Advertisement

You got your email already Doc? Are you a senior undergrad??

Waiting, waiting, waiting for mine...!

Hey foireannj, no I'm a continuing undergrad! got the email at 3.48, came through to my phone so saw it straight away! the time period to book doesn't expire until 4 tomorrow tho! Hope you get it soon! :)

Hey foireannj, no I'm a continuing undergrad! got the email at 3.48, came through to my phone so saw it straight away! the time period to book doesn't expire until 4 tomorrow tho! Hope you get it soon! :)

Oh brilliant, thanks!! Hoping to book Merville before the spots run out :-)

Oh brilliant, thanks!! Hoping to book Merville before the spots run out :-)

I'm sure you will there are so many houses in Merville!! :) Are you also a continuiong undergrad? What number are you on the waitlist?
    Also do you know for sure what houses are rennovated in Merville?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

belgrove and merville arent showing up for me ? anyone else have this problem ?

belgrove and merville arent showing up for me ? anyone else have this problem ?

are you getting all the other places on belfield? if you're not getting roebuck either it might be because you've got the blackrock campus tab picked. otherwise no idea as I jsut got through to merville fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Yes, I'm having that problem too, Malachy.

I'm sure you will there are so many houses in Merville!! :) Are you also a continuiong undergrad? What number are you on the waitlist?
    Also do you know for sure what houses are rennovated in Merville?

Merville booked! House 3. I was number 21, but on the senior undergrad/postgrad list.

I'm not sure actually, I've heard that it was around 25. But I lived in house 1 before and I found it quite nice (only prob was it had a roomful of RAs and was 5 bedroom). It's handy out being right beside the shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

As Bulldog would say.. this stinks, this is total BS.
    Where's Merville??!

Does anyone know up to what number did they email offers today?

Edit: continuing undergraduates

• Advertisement

Does anyone know up to what number did they email offers today?

I was no.263 and I got the email!! I'd say probably all numbers up to the maximum number of rooms for that category, as in 285 for the continuing undergrads!! Just a guess tho, I could be completely wrong!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement