Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus Accommodation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cmccarthy0470

i2adoo wrote: »
    3 down 3 to go I guess

sweet deal, what a small world!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 magpie0508

any one in Blackrock??

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Tara_Rxxx

Any Merville House 20's?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CanadianMBA

3 down 3 to go I guess

well that's three of us. and i think there is one other person already enrolled. so just need to figure out who the other 3 are.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sh1tin-a-brick

Kinda annoyed that I couldnt get Merville, had to take pricey Glenomena! Anyone else staying there, house 8?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 sonate

Apartment 3 Room 3, Proby Residence House 2... any flatmates??

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jmt09005

Glenomena 6. Exchange from u.s.a

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ItsMeLiz

Coming from US. Merville 16!

are you a freshman??

No, I am a senior,Spring 2013

• Advertisement

I didn't know where to stay! I'm 23 and was worried about living with all freshman so i picked glenomena. but i really had no clue about where to pick. why did you choose merville??
    ItsMeLiz wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aurora2012

pitpat wrote: »
    thank you.

my problem is, I'm going to ucd for semester one. the system allows only booking for semester one and two. while i am waiting for an email of ucdresidences glenomena disappeared and they offering now just offsite accommodation. :mad:

i want to book a room for semester one only in belfield but it seems this is not possible...
    thank you waiting list place 5...

Hi pitpat,

I will study as an Erasmus student next September and at first I am registered as a full year student.
    But I only want an apartment for the 1st semester.
    I asked the Erasmus desk if I could book a room for the full year and then get a refund if I cancel for the 2nd semester later.
    They said it's not possible because I have a contract with UCD.
    So, the Erasmus desk asked somebody at the residences desk to allow me to book for only one semester and know it says on SIS Web: " Eligibility Category: Erasmus Single Semester". So you should contact them otherwise you won't be able to book for one semester only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pitpat

Thank you.

How did you contact them? i have written several emails and no one cares.
    are there any rooms left in this category? the system offers me right now muckross catered only for the complete year.

welcome to ucd. this sucks...

Postgrad, first time at UCD here. Could someone tell me how one applies for catered accommodation? Got a room in Proby.

enter www.ucd.ie , at the right column, there is SIS system. logon. username: student number passwort: your birth date(DDMMYY). under the student services tab you can join the waitlist. then wait for email from UCD. re-logon to the SIS after receiving the email then pay 350e. done!

ps. you have to get your student number first in order to log on the SIS.

Thank you.

How did you contact them? i have written several emails and no one cares.
    are there any rooms left in this category? the system offers me right now muckross catered only for the complete year.

welcome to ucd. this sucks...

I sent an email to exchanges@ucd.ie.
    I don't know if there's any room left because I am 23 in the waitlist and it's not moving... :(
    Are you an international student ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 i2adoo

sonate wrote: »
    enter www.ucd.ie , at the right column, there is SIS system. logon. username: student number passwort: your birth date(DDMMYY). under the student services tab you can join the waitlist. then wait for email from UCD. re-logon to the SIS after receiving the email then pay 350e. done!

ps. you have to get your student number first in order to log on the SIS.

I can't seem to find the catered part. All I have is:
    * Complete Your Booking
    * Pay Residential Fees
    * Upload your Photo
    * Residence Details

I have already applied and booked a room.

YSK that phone is for urgent matters while e-mail is when you feel it can wait. So I'd say move on to calling them instead of just popping an e-mail.

Well it's not moving because it's waiting for the people that received offers yesterday to accept theirs. And today, at 4pm a new batch of mails will be sent. You'll probably get one then.
    Aurora2012 wrote: »
    I sent an email to exchanges@ucd.ie.
    I don't know if there's any room left because I am 23 in the waitlist and it's not moving... :(
    Are you an international student ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DocToBe

ItsMeLiz wrote: »
    I'm in merville 16 as well!!!

* Complete Your Booking
    * Pay Residential Fees
    * Upload your Photo
    * Residence Details

"catering is payable in instalments as per license fee"...http://www.ucd.ie/residences/studentpages/fees201213/

I guess it is included in fees but u'd better give them a mail or ring.:)

Sent a mail just now. Have yet to receive a reply.

I'm 100% it's not included in the accommodation price. What might be the issue is that proby residences don't have catered accommodation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Same Difference

* Complete Your Booking
    * Pay Residential Fees
    * Upload your Photo
    * Residence Details

As far as I know only Roebuck Castle is catered, you'd be best to get in touch sooner rather than later to try and get this sorted. As the catered accommodation (Roebuck Castle) is more expensive there'll still be plenty of spaces in it so they might be able to sort something out for you. I would send an email with your whole story in it and how you didn't realise catered depended on which accommodation you chose and then as soon as you send that give them a ring as well. Hope it all works out for you!

I don't care for it that much, but if I could get it I would have liked to have it.

jmt09005 wrote: »
    I didn't know where to stay! I'm 23 and was worried about living with all freshman so i picked glenomena. but i really had no clue about where to pick. why did you choose merville??
    You made a great choice;in fact, that was my first choice. From what I I've read and from friends who have been there, they are the newest. I changed my mind because it will cost an extra $660.00 USD to have my own bath and so I decided to give that up and use that money for traveling! I picked Merville because it seemed like the next best choice from reading different sites.

DocToBe wrote: »
    I'm in merville 16 as well!!!
    Awesome! I am in Apt 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Same Difference

Sure the worst they can say if you ring them is no, and if you don't care for it that much then its no harm no foul for trying. But do be aware that the catered accommodation is considerably more expensive.

Well it's not moving because it's waiting for the people that received offers yesterday to accept theirs. And today, at 4pm a new batch of mails will be sent. You'll probably get one then.

I know but now it's moving the wrong way (I was 23, I'm 26 now) :rolleyes:

Blackrock answered, there's no catered accommodation for Proby, so that solves my problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pitpat

Aurora2012 wrote: »
    I know but now it's moving the wrong way (I was 23, I'm 26 now) :rolleyes:

Sorry for that. I think its because some of us couldn't book a room yesterday/today (same problem as yours). were going to get a new offer around 4 pm. Im sure you will too.

merville wasn't even an option on mine yesterday :( Im sure well have a great time no matter where we stay. Where did you say you were coming from??

• Advertisement

Sorry for that. I think its because some of us couldn't book a room yesterday/today (same problem as yours). were going to get a new offer around 4 pm. Im sure you will too.
    So you were finally able to reach somebody to help you ?
    I hope I can book a room in Merville or Belgrove because I cannot afford Glenomena or the catered one. But, anyway, these residences are just overpriced since we still have to buy our own plates, cutlery... :mad:
    Hope you will get the one you want! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement