Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus Accommodation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WHATSHISNAM3

Did anyone get an email at 4.00 today for a place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

jmt09005 wrote: »
    I didn't know where to stay! I'm 23 and was worried about living with all freshman so i picked glenomena.

You could still end up living with all first years in Glenomena. That could be very likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aurora2012

Did anyone get an email at 4.00 today for a place?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pitpat

me neither

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tipptop1

no email today, just wondering what number are ye on the waiting list i'm 175

• Advertisement

I am 26 but I guess there are different waitlists ?

Anyone got an email today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 leanne.t

I got an email a couple of hours ago and it let me apply. there is only roebuck castle, blackrock and muckross left.
    I managed to book roebuck castle catered, but would prefer to live in glenomena/roebuck hall instead. is anyone interested in exchanging?? (not sure if its possible but should be alright!)

What kind of student are you ? (postgraduate...)
    I'm afraid I won't get anything even though I applied early on 5th of June. That's just so frustrating. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jojogaya

I'm an Erasmus undergraduate, currently 21st on the list. This whole thing is just so frustrating! Does anyone think I have a chance?

• Advertisement

I'm 18th on the list but I don't know if it's the same since I'm "Erasmus Single Semester".
    And now we have to wait 3 days... Stay calm. :D
    Did you apply early as well ?

Well I did, but now I wish I had applied at like 1 AM or something :D. I mean honestly, at that point, I just want a room, any room! I hope things go well for you, maybe only being there for one semester helps, I dunno.

I tried to apply at 8am and it wasn't open.
    But I was on the "Erasmus undergraduate list" and I ask to be on the "Erasmus single semester" a few days before the application open. But, apparently, they did the change only on the 6th so that could be the reason why I'm frustrated now. :D

Hope you get something too! Where are you from ?

Right. I'm on the Erasmus undergraduate list myself, which kinda scares me cause I guess most foreign students want rooms too! I applied at 8:51 apparently. I didn't know what time it would start do I assumed it'd be starting at 9am like the thing for the course choices. I was obviously wrong hahaha :D.

I'm french and you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 robyro

Hi!I'm an Erasmus student coming on 1st semester next year... I study physics and I'm 25. I'm looking for a little noisy place, and near physics department if possible... any suggestion for accomodation? Are there any place in Glenomena left (for who already applied as erasmus student)?? I'm 64th in waitlist and I'm worried I cant find a room there!! How roebuck or merville look like?

Jojogaya wrote: »
    Right. I'm on the Erasmus undergraduate list myself, which kinda scares me cause I guess most foreign students want rooms too! I applied at 8:51 apparently. I didn't know what time it would start do I assumed it'd be starting at 9am like the thing for the course choices. I was obviously wrong hahaha :D.

I'm french and you?

Je suis française aussi! :D
    I applied at 8:48 but I guess it opened around 8:30. I'm 15 on the list right now so hopefully tomorrow will be my lucky day and yours too! :cool:

just an another question...I'm having a doubt: may semester only students apply for any residence or are there restrictions?

I'll tell you that this evening if I'm lucky enough to get a room today.
    But, you'll probably have to choose among the residences that are left and, I guess, these ones are also the most expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 000chris000

leanne.t wrote: »
    I got an email a couple of hours ago and it let me apply. there is only roebuck castle, blackrock and muckross left.
    I managed to book roebuck castle catered, but would prefer to live in glenomena/roebuck hall instead. is anyone interested in exchanging?? (not sure if its possible but should be alright!)

I did an exchange last year, moved from blegrove to glenomena :) just go into the office in roebuck as soon as you move in and tell them you want to be put on the transfer list, and if theres someone in roebuck halls or glenomena looking to be transferred to roebuck castle youll be allowed swap - do it as early as possible because its first come first serve!

Robyro > I didn't get a room so I'm unable to tell you what's left and I'm afraid we won't be able to book one because the list is not moving anymore since sunday. :(

I was surprised to hear (on this forum) that some exchange students (other than Erasmus apparently) got a room in May. Didn't even know it was possible. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 CanadianMBA

Is anyone else here in the MBA programme? apparently we are not able to move into residence until the 3rd of September, and yet we have to be there on the morning of the 27th of August. I talked to the residence staff and they told me I have to stay in either a hostel or a hotel, and they are unwilling/unable to accommodate us.

@Aurora: Désolée je viens à peine de voir que tu m'avais répondu, contente de te connaitre !

I moved up the list on Monday but nothing today, I'm currently being a very desperate and miserable number 10.

yes, I'm so sad seeing the list is not moving!! :(
    The site says that there are 910 room for international students...maybe there are many different lists in this category (erasmus single semester, erasmus full year, other programmes...), cause when I joined the waitlist I was 175 and I thought there surely will be a room for me! :(
    hope it will move on, It's bother to look for accomodation off campus!

robyro wrote: »
    yes, I'm so sad seeing the list is not moving!! :(
    The site says that there are 910 room for international students...maybe there are many different lists in this category (erasmus single semester, erasmus full year, other programmes...), cause when I joined the waitlist I was 175 and I thought there surely will be a room for me! :(
    hope it will move on, It's bother to look for accomodation off campus!

Wait what place are you right now? I really don't have a clue how this thing works cause when I applied I was above 3500th and now I'm 10th

really??? now I'm 61!! I really don't know how it works than! ...???
    furthermore last friday I was 64, than 75, and 63 again! maybe there were some problems with server....
    and Aurora says that other international students booked before 5th june!
    I'm very confused now
    I applied as erasmus single semester, and you?

robyro wrote: »
    really??? now I'm 61!! I really don't know how it works than! ...???
    furthermore last friday I was 64, than 75, and 63 again! maybe there were some problems with server....
    and Aurora says that other international students booked before 5th june!
    I'm very confused now
    I applied as erasmus single semester, and you?

Oh god this is soooo confusing! I applied for erasmus full year but I'm not sure that's relevant cause after a lot of Erasmus students ended up very far in the list and complained, the guy in charge of accommodation (whatever his name is) sent everyone an email telling us not to worry because everyone was on the same list and that the number of Erasmus students was significantly smaller than 3500+, obviously. So I mean if that's true and if everyone is still on the same list then I really don't understand how they decide who moves up and who moves down!

I live in constant fear of getting an email saying "that's it, all rooms are booked, take care, bye" :D

That's weird because Jojogaya said she applied at 8:51 and is 10th on the list. I applied at 8:48 and I'm 13th on that list. It makes no sense if there's only one list.
    Either the server is broken-down or the first come first served rule is just a joke.

See? That's what I don't get. Maybe there's a list of people who apply for semester and people who apply for a year then, no matter if they're Erasmus or not... Aurora2012, did you move up today?

Jojogaya wrote: »
    Oh god this is soooo confusing! I applied for erasmus full year but I'm not sure that's relevant cause after a lot of Erasmus students ended up very far in the list and complained, the guy in charge of accommodation (whatever his name is) sent everyone an email telling us not to worry because everyone was on the same list and that the number of Erasmus students was significantly smaller than 3500+, obviously. So I mean if that's true and if everyone is still on the same list then I really don't understand how they decide who moves up and who moves down!

I live in constant fear of getting an email saying "that's it, all rooms are booked, take care, bye" :D
    I didn't get this email, another thing that sucks in this whole process! :rolleyes::D
    Did they send it to your personal address or to the "UCD Connect" one ?
    Imagine they don't send this email: you could live until September desperatly logging to SISWEB night and day, pressing F5 with the hope to see this damn 10 disappear. :D

• Advertisement

Well, I was 15 yesterday morning then 14 then 15 again.
    This morning I was 14 and now I'm 13. It MUST be a lucky number. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement