Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

read Caio's statement about the BJJ Worlds2012

• 04-06-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I could not have said better, read Caio's statement about the BJJ Worlds2012

They try making it a show. The clown is us, fighters. They don't care that we sacrifice our lives training for some tournament that doesn't pay us. I live for and from BJJ and my titles are my resume, what gives me credibility with my "clients".
    I don't want to just speak for myself, but for everyone who got cheated because the refs are neither capable nor prepared. Put the refs in suits? They have money for that but don't have money to do drug tests on the black belt competitors? They have money for posters, but not for the refs. Neither to train them better.
    These suits were a mask of what this events are. It's the best event not because of the organization or how pretty it is, but because it has the best competitors. I wish there was another event in that level of competition because the money they make and not invest is a shame.
    Like i said I'm not the only one. The blue belts are constantly cheated because sometimes they don't hire real refs, saving money - but they made $300.000,00 just on registrations and so much more on entrance, parking, sponsors, stands and specially streaming us, clowns of this MAFIA organization!

Congratulations to Bruno, he should be in the BJJ hall of fame for the great competitor he is!
    This Is the 4th time the crowed felt I Won and Ended Up with a loss in the finals of the worlds. The sad part is that later no one remember how the match was, just who won it. At the end, I'd rather lose knowing I won than win knowing I lost. Thanks to every one for the Awesome support. Very very much appreciated!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

saw that earlier alright , none of it seems to be too much to expect , you'd have to admire him for speaking out on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Caio always puts it out there, I admire him for that, need people like him speaking out for the Black belts. Has beautiful Jiujitsu, and seems to be a really cool guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

The refs in suits is easily the stupidest thing that I have seen all week, what's the point? Isnt one of the best things about the sport the relaxed and formality free nature of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tom BJJ

And "I'd rather lose knowing I won than win knowing I lost" is really disrespectful to Bruno. Maybe he's trying to get his own back on the Alliance crowd for the jeers and taunts.

Caio does have some good points and i agree with most of them, however he really goes on like a whiney little child throwing a tantrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Tom BJJ wrote: »
    And "I'd rather lose knowing I won than win knowing I lost" is really disrespectful to Bruno. Maybe he's trying to get his own back on the Alliance crowd for the jeers and taunts.

Haven't seen the fight so can't give a definite comment on this but Did Caio get robbed? if he did then it's not disrespectful at all in my opinion

I lost an All Ireland final by a clear Robbery and to this day i maintain i won it-as far as I'm concerned my opponent knows that too as would Bruno if Caio is been honest and correct.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Tom BJJ

cowzerp wrote: »
    Haven't seen the fight so can't give a definite comment on this but Did Caio get robbed? .

I dont think he was robbed. The match was tied on points (0-0) and Bruno was ahead by one advantage until the last minute when Caio got an advantage to tie it up. Bruno got the referees decision. The margins are extremely tight between the top guys in most weight classes, Rafa/Cobrinha being another example.

Here's the match (it's one for the purists). http://www.bjjfights.com/bruno-malfacine-vs-caio-terra-2012-bjj-worlds/

Advertisement