Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 4 E3 2012 trailer

Options
  • 04-06-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

And then here's the gameplay footage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Interesting, to say the least. Not sure how I feel about the radical changes, though to be fair, it seems like a solid, well polished game. Personally, I'd be more concerned with the MP aspect, and was disappointed at lack of it at E3. To me, Halo has always been about solid multiplayer action, the campaigns were nought but a highly enjoyable bonus.

At least E3 is just starting, we'll hopefully has hope booth demos of it. And also, there's halofest on in august, i'm sure we'll see some interesting stuff then

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I've seen one or two videos for the multiplayer and it looks rather saucy.

However you will be Spartan IV (4's). I'm not sure about this. Being a Spartan 2 was great, being an ODST was alright and being a Spartan 3 in Reach was manageable.

How weak will the multiplayer Spartans be exactly, I do not know.

The campaign looks excellent, I am looking forward to losing myself in the halo universe yet again.

I've seen one or two videos for the multiplayer and it looks rather saucy.

However you will be Spartan IV (4's). I'm not sure about this. Being a Spartan 2 was great, being an ODST was alright and being a Spartan 3 in Reach was manageable.

How weak will the multiplayer Spartans be exactly, I do not know.

The campaign looks excellent, I am looking forward to losing myself in the halo universe yet again.

The sound effects seem kinda bland to me, some of the guns don't sound like they pack a punch, the pistol sounds like a cap gun :P and the frags aren't loud enough.

Well, I don't think if they're weak it'll matter. It's not as if you're fighting against S2s/ S3s. It's going to be level playing grounds.

The campaign will be unreal, i'm annoyed the flood isn't returning. :(

• Advertisement

The sound effects seem kinda bland to me, some of the guns don't sound like they pack a punch, the pistol sounds like a cap gun :P and the frags aren't loud enough.

Well, I don't think if they're weak it'll matter. It's not as if you're fighting against S2s/ S3s. It's going to be level playing grounds.

The campaign will be unreal, i'm annoyed the flood isn't returning. :(

Well I am usually too concerned with trying to win to worry about sound effects but according to a video I've seen on one of the more popular gaming sites (IGN I think) they are recording the sounds of real guns so I am not sure why that would disappoint.

As for the flood, it's unlikely but I'm not going to rule them out fully, just because the Halo storylines like to throw a lot of curve balls.

As for the part I have highlighted it won't cause too much of a difference in competitive but what if they bring back firefight. Wouldn't fancy going toe to toe with a Hunter or Brute as a Spartan 3 :eek:

Well I am usually too concerned with trying to win to worry about sound effects but according to a video I've seen on one of the more popular gaming sites (IGN I think) they are recording the sounds of real guns so I am not sure why that would disappoint.

Yup, this is the video you're on about:

I also heard in an E3 interview, that the current video's of gameplay feature the E3 build, the full build will have "louder and punchier" sounds
    As for the flood, it's unlikely but I'm not going to rule them out fully, just because the Halo storylines like to throw a lot of curve balls.
    Frank O'Connor has said in an interview a few months ago that "You won't be fighting the flood" Proof: linky. I also wouldn't rule them out, I'd imagine they might make an appearance due to the fact that the flood feature prominently in Halo: Primordium, under the name "the flood" and "the shaping sickness". They could have a little cameo at the end of halo 4 and they would appear in 5 and 6
    As for the part I have highlighted it won't cause too much of a difference in competitive but what if they bring back firefight. Wouldn't fancy going toe to toe with a Hunter or Brute as a Spartan 3 :eek:
    Well, they're aren't going to be huge issues doing that, look at ODST for example, the firefight in that was easy if not as easy as reach. The only difference is the need for more health packs. Also, firefight has been replaced by spartan ops.

And also, S4's are genetically enhanced, same as the 2's and 3's, Only difference is that the S4 program accepted adults (and s2 and s3 rejects). They're genetically enhanced also, so they're automatically better than the ODSTs.

Thanks for the link.

I remember repeatedly dying in firefight in ODST due to forgetting I was not a Spartan. Taking on a chieftain with a hammer and thinking "I'll jump over his head and shoot him in the back" only to do a little hop, end up in front of him and be crushed :D

As for O Connor saying you won't be fighting the flood. Well that's that then, for now at least.

Also thank for the information on the Spartan 4s, I wasn't sure what the story with them was.

Thanks for the link.

I remember repeatedly dying in firefight in ODST due to forgetting I was not a Spartan. Taking on a chieftain with a hammer and thinking "I'll jump over his head and shoot him in the back" only to do a little hop, end up in front of him and be crushed :D

As for O Connor saying you won't be fighting the flood. Well that's that then, for now at least.

Also thank for the information on the Spartan 4s, I wasn't sure what the story with them was.

Anytime, I really know way too much about halo. :P

Anytime, I really know way too much about halo. :P

Haha well I have read the books that are currently out, 2/3 the way through Contact Harvest, though as it's a prequel, I assume it does not matter that I didn't read when it first came out.
    Read Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx.

Though that's a topic for a different thread, in another forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement