Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me Ireland [Kerry]

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who is Dervil supposed to be dressed as?

Linda Martin I thought :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rolling fields

That's who Melissa came as.

Ah okay, yeah she's not Irish. Stephen's fancy dress is good, he put in some effort, the three women basically just came as three women.

Bacon and cabbage for a dinner party?

of course we came as women,what did you want jedward and daniel o'donnell? although.... that would have been good....
    you have to remember we only find out what the dress code is on the way home in the taxi the night before,which most nights was 2am,its very hard to try and come up with something then,and id like to add i put in effort..i never wear my hair up because it dosent suit me so it was big thing for me to do and do you know how hard it is to try and pin a hair extension to the front of your head while trying to cover the clips...very hard indeed...i put in just as much effort as stephen actually more when you consider he put tan on his face while in the car with his sock, when it took me nearly an hr to get ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Audrey, I think your Imelda May was FAB ! You looked brilliant and you were great fun. I'd happily go for a pint with yourself, Dervil and the lads. As for Melissa...... Mind you, I loved her dress tonight but her manners leave a lot to be desired.

jos28 wrote: »
    Audrey, I think your Imelda May was FAB ! You looked brilliant and you were great fun. I'd happily go for a pint with yourself, Dervil and the lads. As for Melissa...... Mind you, I loved her dress tonight but her manners leave a lot to be desired.

ahh thank you,you would love mel if you met her,honest you would...im so looking forward to next week we all meeting up for dinner should be good craic

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The thing to remember is that the CDWM team get to see all the footage from the whole week and edit it as they please. They get to see how everyone interacts and what kind of people they are

e.g. She's the bitchy one, so let's leave anything vaguely bitchy in
    He's the funny one, she's the fussy one, he's the mad one etc etc

I know they can't edit you to make you say something they didn't but if five of us were put into this situation, they could make us come off just as bad.

Fair play to rolling fields for coming on boards, I didn't agree with everything you said but the show was more entertaining with you in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

hi guys,thanks for the comments....just have to say,poor mel is getting a hard time,she is a sweet heart honestly she is,they have just edited it so much,she is fussy and picky but she is lovely and you cant help but like her (in real life)
    hope ye's enjoy it tonight,and we dont get too loud

Well done, you came across as good fun all week. Don't mind the odd whinger.

Enjoyed the last two weeks of show. Is there another Irish one next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Well done, you came across as good fun all week. Don't mind the odd whinger.

Enjoyed the last two weeks of show. Is there another Irish one next week?

Not too sure but there is a "celebrity" one in July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I just don't see the point of appearing on a show, making snide comments about other people (and I'm not talking about the way the show was edited, unless they asked people to say certain things to make them seem more critical and bitchy) and then saying the person is actually lovely after all. Did you only discover she was lovely after the show?

I don't mean it to seem like I'm having a go at you, I'm just going on the way you came across on the show. In your video clips you made quite a few remarks about Melissa and now you're saying she's actually lovely. It's like you're just trying to redeem yourself by coming on here and saying she's lovely.

Anyway, onto the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

So is blacking up racist?

I think this is the 2nd time I have seen this on Irish TV. :eek:

I just don't see the point of appearing on a show, making snide comments about other people (and I'm not talking about the way the show was edited, unless they asked people to say certain things to make them seem more critical and bitchy) and then saying the person is actually lovely after all. Did you only discover she was lovely after the show?

I don't mean it to seem like I'm having a go at you, I'm just going on the way you came across on the show. In your video clips you made quite a few remarks about Melissa and now you're saying she's actually lovely. It's like you're just trying to redeem yourself by coming on here and saying she's lovely.

Anyway, onto the next one.

i dident make any snide comments about mel,i know i said she was a werdo but i was joking,i wasent being serious at all!
    i called them all werdos,it was a joke...i dident just discover after the show that she was a lovely girl,i knew it from the moment i met her,thats why we got on so well and had the craic every night, it was so obvious that we got on,which was why we could poke fun at each other and neither of us took offence,id be interested to know what exactly you thought my snide comments were?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Okay then, it was all a joke then.

Moving on.

Okay then, it was all a joke then.

Moving on.

im glad iv cleared that up for you,yes i was joking....clearly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Hi rolling fields, I think you put in your best effort and did well on CDWM. I really liked you Imelda may outfit. As for Melissa, I'm sure she was a producers' delight, with all of her OCD behaviour. Totally off the wall! I can't understand why someone like her, who is not prepared to eat the food that is put in front of her, comes on a show like CDWM. What was that about giving birth to a calf?

BTW, talking of dressing up, I thought the Cavan girl who dressed up as Cherie Blair was a dead ringer in the part.

I enjoy Dave lamb's commentaries, though he can be ruthless at times.

Have really enjoyed both shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Melissa - face - hurley............nuff said;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Have to agree with eye patch, thought Dave lamb made some pretty personal and snide comments on the Kerry show, they were very funny for the viewer, but for the contestant OUCH. No way would I go on that show and I am a chef, god only knows how they would edit me. Do love the Irish series, well done all.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

It's nice to know that ye are all meeting up after the show . It was a joy to watch and not as bitchy as the one that was from cork last year ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya thought the Kerry version was very funny despite the comments by David Lamb but was still hilarious though. The contestants were good sports and were all entertaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Why is everyone giving out about Dave Lamb? He's the best part of the show. If you can't stand the best, stay out of they kitchen.

His comment "nut job" was a bit closer to the bone, but it was also hilarious!

Did they just show this for a week and feck off to film the rest , worse than last year when they only had 2 or 3 week between the towns :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Did they just show this for a week and feck off to film the rest , worse than last year when they only had 2 or 3 week between the towns :mad:

I assume they held off because of Euro 2012. The first week was earlier than last year for the same reason, I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i hope they have it back and more with it, it would be nice to have one of the shows whit one from kerry one from cork one from dublin and a mayo person something like that, or say four people from the world of gaa from different counties, there would be some brilliant fun i think, or four from different sports, like motorsport, golf, football,rugby and so on,
    i did enjoy the irish version of come dine much better that the english version

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

I believe there is a Sligo one very soon. They have it filmed I heard. :)