Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW Carlow Town Parent & Toddler Group.

Options
  • 04-06-2012 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭

My wife is starting an all new "Carlow Town Parent & Toddler Group" starting in the Irish Wheelchair Association building on Kilkenny Road next Monday morning, June 11th from 9:30 to 11:15 and every Monday morning thereafter.

It is of course a not for profit group but there is a charge of €3 per family per week to contribute to the running of the group. New members are welcome on any Monday morning.

If more info required, feel free to send me a PM.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Cool :)

I have 3 young brats and we go to the playgroup in Askea every Wednesday but that ll be shutting down once the schools close so i ll see about going to your wifes instead .

Best of luck to her and her venture but just one small observation if i may ??

A 9.30 start finishing just after 11, most playgroups i ve been to start around 10 as it can be a trial trying to get the kids up/dressed/fed/ready to go. No matter how i try time it , i often end up running late and from talking to other parents they have had similar experiences.

But as i said, best of luck and hope to drop in soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Owryan wrote: »
    Cool :)

I have 3 young brats and we go to the playgroup in Askea every Wednesday but that ll be shutting down once the schools close so i ll see about going to your wifes instead .

Best of luck to her and her venture but just one small observation if i may ??

A 9.30 start finishing just after 11, most playgroups i ve been to start around 10 as it can be a trial trying to get the kids up/dressed/fed/ready to go. No matter how i try time it , i often end up running late and from talking to other parents they have had similar experiences.

But as i said, best of luck and hope to drop in soon :D

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it on. Although the timing has more to do with restrictions imposed by the venue due to the space being occupied from 11:30 onwards. Finding a venue at all hasn't been easy - so it's been a case of taking what you can get.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it on. Although the timing has more to do with restrictions imposed by the venue due to the space being occupied from 11:30 onwards. Finding a venue at all hasn't been easy - so it's been a case of taking what you can get.

Can imagine, we have to work with we're given.

It might be worthwhile dropping into/flyers to askea parish centre. As i said their playgroup is finishing for the summer soon and there might be some other parents looking for somewhere to bring their kids over the summer ??

Please note that due to a delay with insurance, the start date of the new parent and toddler group has been put back to June 25th. So 9:30 to 11:15 every Monday morning from June 25th.

Another delay. This time because the ESB are cutting off electricity supply in the area all day on Monday June 25th, the start of the parent and toddler group has to be changed again for health & safety reasons.

So now it's starting on July 2nd

• Advertisement

Another delay. This time because the ESB are cutting off electricity supply in the area all day on Monday June 25th, the start of the parent and toddler group has to be changed again for health & safety reasons.

So now it's starting on July 2nd

Ah nuts !

Askea playgroup finishes up next wed so was hoping to go to your wifes on Monday.

A few other parents from the askea group were interested too

Ah nuts !

Askea playgroup finishes up next wed so was hoping to go to your wifes on Monday.

That's good to know.

I'm pretty sure the group is starting this coming Monday.

Ah nuts !

That's good to know.

I'm pretty sure the group is starting this coming Monday.

Is this group on tomorrow ?

Is this group on tomorrow ?

Yes it is.

Yes it is.

cheers, all going well , will be calling in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement