Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things to do in belfast

• 04-06-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all. we are a family of 5 (6,11,15) going to belfast for a few days, staying in the city centre. I was looking for advice on thngs to do/ places to see / nice restaurants etc.
    any suggestions appreciated
    Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

I was in Belfast in March with my 3 children for 3 days and we couldn't fit it all in. It is a great place to visit. Unfortuately we were a few weeks too early for the new Titanic centre so just got to admire it from the outside. Must visit that next time. Don't miss W5 in the Odyssey arena. You can easily put in a full day there. Get a day ticket and come and go as you please. Bring our own food or eat in. There are plenty of options in the Odyssey for food also. You are just beside the Titanic centre there also.
    I can also recommend doing a bus tour. It is great way to get some of the history and see the murals. If you do this early in your trip you will be able to easily identify the areas you want to go back and visit.
    Belfast has a nice compact city centre so you can get around on foot easily. City Hall is a lovely spot in the fine weather.
    If you like shopping I found plenty of small shops to browse through as well as all the uk high street shops you would expect. If the weather is not on your side then you easily loose a few hours in Victoria Square. A number of outlet shops can be found out in Boucher Road. It is easy to get there by Bus from the city centre.
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

We visited friends in Belfast over Christmas. We went to see the murals, which was really interesting, but we got driven around.
    Also went to the Titanic dock and had a tour there. It's not as exciting as I thought it would be in that it's quite a small exhibitions but it's fascinating to see some of the remnants of the tools used during construction and the dry dock as well as hear the history of how they got the project, etc... so yeah, would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 davesweets

thanks for the help, any suggestions on nice places to eat out in the evenings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In the summer Belfast Botanic Gardens is lovely.
    Go inside the Palm House for a look at nice flowers.

Eating drinking
    http://www.viewbelfast.co.uk/restaurants.aspx
    http://www.belfastbar.co.uk/

Oh and don't stay only in Belfast, to go Ikea and the coast. Maybe even drive up to the Glens.

Advertisement