Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bust of Shakespeare

Options
  • 04-06-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I could get a bust of The Bard in Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

EddyC15 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could get a bust of The Bard in Cork?

You could try contacting Cork Shakespearean Company (The Loft).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmm I would say if you tried pehaps one of those antique shops down by Paul Street..Or perhaps ask the crawford art gallery..They would surely know..What is it for then

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

Thanks a million for all the replies! I got a bust of Mozart after I posted here and he looks like a kind of generic renaissancey kind of fella. He'll do.

It's for a play in the Cork Arts Theatre. It's called The Owl and The Pussycat. Come and see it! *Shameless plugging* :D

Thanks for your help anyway, lads. Sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

"The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea
    In a beautiful pea green boat,
    They took some honey, and plenty of money,
    Wrapped up in a five pound note"

Fab Good Luck with the Show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

That's the one, Milly!

Except that the Owl in this play is a writer and the Pussycat is a prostitute. And the boat is an apartment. And instead of going to sea they argue a lot in a humourous fashion.

Aside from that it's exactly the same as the poem.

Advertisement