Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diamond Jubilee Concert

Options
  • 04-06-2012 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭

Didn't see any thread on this so I though one should be started.

Only start watching it from Ed Sheeran onwards.

Annie Lennox has just finished there and I still think she has it :cool:

As mentioned in another thread I wonder if Queen will make an appearance ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Brilliant so far, Lennox was superb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Is the queen a slut?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

May as well end the thread there....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Thought it took a while to get started. Wasn't impressed by the first few acts but it's getting good now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Can't see it been as good as 10 years ago. Wonder if Hey Jude will close the concert ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Some show in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Was as I expected tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Is the queen a slut?
    famous for having her husband of 64 years, Phil the Greek, at her side.... no, it would appear not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

I watched it all with my wife & kids.

it ranged from the weird...... Grace Jones, past the technically magnificent ...Lang Lang, to the brilliant. Tom Jones.

the links ranged from the wonderful Peter Kay dressed as a beefeater, Rolf Harris in a shirt he painted a union flag on himself, Jimmy Carr and Rob Brydon who were great. And Miranda harte who wasn't. I just dont get her at all......

if you didn't see any of it there were highpoints worth looking up on youtube.

for me?

Both Robbie Williams' sets were superb. coming on the the drums and bugles of the Coldstream guards was a masterstroke.

Will I am and Jessie J.... she was good. he was........ a judge on the voice UK. he may be a magnificent producer, but as a live performer? he was put in the shade by a LOT of the other acts.

JLS did what they do very well. and the back flippy one did a back flip. yay!

Gary Barlow and Cheryl Cole. Gary sings pitch perfect.

if Cheryl had been auditioning for BGT she'd have been buzzed off in 10 seconds. Pitchy? awful!!!!

Cliff started badly with a song that was too low for him... the rest of the set was much better, but he needed more warmup backstage..

Lang Lang. never heard of him, but think Chinese Michael McIntyre playing classical piano. very good if you're into that sort of thing

Alfie Boe. no relation to Tommy. a classical singer.... did O sole mio. very nicely.

then leapt into a rockin' version of it's now or never. same tune y'know!! nicely done

Jools Holland and Ruby Turner do You are so beautiful. excellent

Grace Jones.

GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!

acrylic breastplate and a freaky head-dress..... and a HULA HOOP!!!!!

sang Slave to the rhythm brilliantly. well worth a watch....... but be sober..... seriously.....

Ed Sheeran.

just him and a battered acoustic.

magnificent.

my high point so far.

now all the orchestra are wearing angels wings......

Annie Lennox sings there must be an angel. AWESOME. Cheryl Cole, look and learn!!!

Tom Jones.

he is the coolest old bloke alive, with the possible exception of Morgan Freeman......

his spanish style version of Deliliah?

a masterpiece.

the massed commonwealth choir do "sing". considering most of the people on the stage have never sung to a crowd bigger than 30 in a village hall, they do very well. the kid from the African Childrens choir who takes the lead vocal was great, but the soundman forgot to turn her mic back on for the first words of the last line! muppet!!

Shirley Bassey sings diamonds are forever. is it me or is there a hiuge bulldog clip at the back of her neck pulling her face tight? sings great though.....

Kylie sings well.... but irish dancing? sorry love, leave it to those who can.....

Archie Boe and Renee Flaming again from the Palace balcony. west side story. well sung.

Elton comes on looking more like a queen that HRH herself.

sings well though... but not candle in the wind.....

Rolf Harris is dragged up by Lenny Henry to pad for a couple of minutes..... sings two little boys.... un rehersed, no backing, and the crown love it!

Lenny interupts to say the main stage is ready and 70,000 people boo at Lenny!!!!

Stevie Wonder is brilliant. looking much healthier than he did a couple of years back on Jonathan Ross. Will i am joins him for Happy birthday.

why?

why happy birthday, and why willy whossname on the stage at all?

Madness on the palace roof. our house...... "In the middle of ones street"

worth watching on youtube for the projection effects on the palace frontage. VERY clever!

Paul McCarney was good but not brilliant. worth watching all the same. the pyrotechnics in Live and let die rival the and of show fireworks.....

all in all a great night's TV.

whether you are pro royal or british or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Robbie as usual great performance he is some show man

Will.I.Am and Cheryl should have used auto tune

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

I think Gary Barlow definitely deserves a massive well, it was a great concert and i would of loved to of been there, people will always have their own music opinions and no matter who you are you arn't going to like every single artist or band in the world. The concert provided something for everybody, and I do think Gary Barlow did a great job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭vider12

Ed Sheeran was unreal, one man + one guitar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭realgirl

Just watched it now, thought both Elton John and Paul McCartney sounded pretty poor. Charles' speech at the end stole the show for me, some classic moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

realgirl wrote: »
    Just watched it now, thought both Elton John and Paul McCartney sounded pretty poor. Charles' speech at the end stole the show for me, some classic moments.

Elton John was in hospital with pneumonia last week so gotta cut him some slack. Hope he sounds better tomorrow night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭realgirl

Jaysus, didn't know that bout Elton, fair enough so!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Fair play to Elton John for getting up and preforming, Grace Jones I'm just not sure about her in general but for her age good for her! Paul McCartney was good, didn't think Cheryl Cole was that great to be honest, Gary Barlow - AMAZING, Stevie Wonder you just can't bet him! But I think a well done is well deserved to everyone that preformed at the concert.

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

What a concert... I thought it was unreal!

Advertisement