Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

being personified by your points!

• 04-06-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

it may sound stupid but one of my biggest fears are doing worse than i deserve and people would be like "ah that lad only got 250"...etc
    i know ya shouldnt let stuff like bother ya but i dont think im the only one ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

yeah i know how you feel, i'm repeating and i feel like if i get less points this year everyone is gonna think i'm so stupid, i know it shouldn't bother me but it does. only thing you can do is be happy with yourself and know you tried your best :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

COuldn't give a sh*t if people start going on about how I "only got x amount of points", you have to be pretty sad to do that crap so...

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Leftyflip wrote: »
    COuldn't give a sh*t if people start going on about how I "only got x amount of points", you have to be pretty sad to do that crap so...

Apperantly once you're in college no one gives a s hit what you got in the leaving, so hopefully it'll be a fresh start from there anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

You are not the amount of points you got in the leaving cert as Tyler Durden once said

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

You don't actually have to tell anyone either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Wanchor wrote: »
    You don't actually have to tell anyone either.

Apparently my family does though

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bookworms

don't pay any heed to those who broadcast their points tally. In my case I know plenty of people who (at the time) shouted their points at the top of their lungs, boasting with their "oooh look at what I got" attitude but today are not as sucessful as they thought they would be with 550+ points.

I was lucky that my parents put no pressure on me. They asked me to do my best and no more, once I got the college course I wanted and I was happy, that was the main thing. As a previous poster stated, once you get to college nobody cares what your points are.

Don't let this get you down. The Leaving Cert is important, but it is not the be all and end all. Best of luck and I hope you get what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I got 94 points in my leaving cert a few years back, sadly the name stuck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Late August of next year, you will be cringing when you hear the LC students talking at the tops of their voices about what they got and didn't get.
    No one cares once the college offers are out.

Many a person has gone on to be successful following a not so great Leaving/degree/education in general. The world doesn't really care about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

"The Leaving Cert? Oh yeah, remember that thing?"

That's what you'll be saying when you start college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I kinda feel the same as the OP :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Me too, I can imagine becoming 'that guy who dropped loads from his mocks' or something :o Take it as motivation! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Seriously, I won't remember anyone for how many points they got. I'll remember people for being sound or being an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Me too, I can imagine becoming 'that guy who dropped loads from his mocks' or something :o Take it as motivation! :P

I'm really worried ill go down from my mocks! I think i outdid myself for them to be honest, will be hard to do better..

Advertisement