Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurbed PS3 Warranty - Bought from Game.

Options
  • 04-06-2012 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been covered before but I did a quick search and nothing came up.

I bought a refurbed PS3 60GB at Game in Dundrum last Christmas. It came with a 12 month warranty. Today it's gone YLOD. :mad::mad::mad::(

Who will honour this warranty? Did Sony refurb the PS3 or did Game? Will I have to go to Game in the UK for warranty or is it something Sony here can do for me?

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

check with the customer service over at game.co.uk email them and they might help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

check with the customer service over at game.co.uk email them and they might help you out
    Yeah. I emailed them. With the Jubilee weekend it might take a day or two to get back to me.

In the meantime I tried the hair dryer solution and I'm back online getting shot left, right and centre!!!

I ejected the disc this time !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭megaten

Have a similer problem with my own ps3 and their customer service helpline doesn't seem to transfer to real people anymore. Does anyone know how to get the phone number for a specific store. I just want to know if I can bring my ps3 up to the GAME in belfast to get a refund or replacement.

megaten wrote: »
    Have a similer problem with my own ps3 and their customer service helpline doesn't seem to transfer to real people anymore. Does anyone know how to get the phone number for a specific store. I just want to know if I can bring my ps3 up to the GAME in belfast to get a refund or replacement.
    I feel your pain. The semi automated responses are less than helpful.

I'll call Game in Newry tomorrow and see what they have to say. I can't find my receipt but I paid for the PS3 with my Laser card so hopefully that will help my cause. I'm hoping they'll be able to reference my serial number with my purchase on the day in question.

The phone number for Game in the Buttercrane Centre in Newry is 0044 28 30257948.

I'll let you know how I get on. Maybe you could provide similar feedback.

Have you tried the Hairdryer Method for disc retrieval/temporary relief?

I rang up the Belfast GAME this morning(04890314733) and they said they'd replace it no problem as long as I have the receipt. You should give them a ring and ask if the statement from your laser card might do the trick.

• Advertisement

megaten wrote: »
    I rang up the Belfast GAME this morning(04890314733) and they said they'd replace it no problem as long as I have the receipt. You should give them a ring and ask if the statement from your laser card might do the trick.

Cheers - I rang the Belfast number as the Newry number must be wrong.

Same thing - he'll swap it for me. I just have to ring the Call Centre in the UK (+44 125 678 4666), give them my Reward card number and they should be able to get the transaction number which is all the guy in Belfast needs.

Typically my Reward Card is at home so I'll have to do it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,374 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Don't mention the hairdryer treatment though.

crosstownk wrote: »
    Cheers - I rang the Belfast number as the Newry number must be wrong.

Same thing - he'll swap it for me. I just have to ring the Call Centre in the UK (+44 125 678 4666), give them my Reward card number and they should be able to get the transaction number which is all the guy in Belfast needs.

Typically my Reward Card is at home so I'll have to do it tomorrow.

As far as I know the Newry store closed down.

noodler wrote: »
    Don't mention the hairdryer treatment though.

What hairdryer treatment?? I've no idea what you are on about ;):D

Quick update.

I got the transaction details from the GAME UK Customer Service dept. and drove up to Belfast this morning.

The staff in the store couldn't be more helpful. They didn't have a replacement refurbed 60GB in stock so they offered me a pre-owned 250GB slim instead :D. The controller has seen some use and is slightly tatty but nothing too serious. I didn't check the contents of the box and when I got home I found there was no network cable and I'd returned the cable with the faulty PS3 as I was advised to bring all leads that came with it. Not a big issue.

The HDD hadn't been wiped so I'd to spend a bit of time deleting users and content and a lot more time downloading my previous PlayStation Store purchases.

The one problem I do have is that I can't download previous SingStar song purchases as they are linked to the faulty PS3 that I returned. Apparently if I contact the PS Customer Care people they'll sort things out - I'll try that tomorrow.

All in all, I'm happy out that it's been sorted and I've now a 250GB slim.

@megaten: If you'd prefer not to get a replacement 60GB than maybe consider getting up to Belfast before they restock!

• Advertisement
Advertisement