Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next week.

Options
  • 04-06-2012 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Howdy,

I'm travelling down the evening of the 13th, anyone else ???.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 carlbre

collw2 wrote: »
    Howdy,

I'm travelling down the evening of the 13th, anyone else ???.

i'm headed down the same evening. can give someone a lift from dublin if somebody needs it!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭irishgti

I'm traveling down the Wed as well. Any idea what time we have to be down at? What do we need to bring with us? I'm traveling from midlands

irishgti wrote: »
    I'm traveling down the Wed as well. Any idea what time we have to be down at? What do we need to bring with us? I'm traveling from midlands

i'm hoping to be down at around half 7, dump the bags then try find somewhere for some food. no idea what to bring down, I assume the best option is to just bring everything!!

carlbre wrote: »
    i'm hoping to be down at around half 7, dump the bags then try find somewhere for some food. no idea what to bring down, I assume the best option is to just bring everything!!
    I guess thats the best plan bring everthing haha I wonder is there many going?

I guess thats the best plan bring everthing haha I wonder is there many going?

I have no idea, I think the normal classes have something like 30-40 people.

• Advertisement

I have no idea, I think the normal classes have something like 30-40 people.

Looking forward to starting classes

I would say everyone is, it's been a long time coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 collw2

Me too.grand so, at least im not the only one going down the wensday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sky13

Hiya, im hitting down the wed night too, any idea whats involved for phase 1 ? Thanks carlbre for the link,

I think its just induction nothing too strenious( i hope ) haha

• Advertisement

we'll soon find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cozzy66

we'll soon find out!
    Hey everyone I have my medical thurs. Do ye think that it would be too short notice if I dis hopefully pass to start training with all of ye on the 14

cozzy66 wrote: »
    Hey everyone I have my medical thurs. Do ye think that it would be too short notice if I dis hopefully pass to start training with all of ye on the 14
    Short answer No they try give people a month's notice next training starting in September i think. Best of luck Thur

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

I'm heading down on the Wednesday evening, coming down from Dundalk! Might leave here about 3! Been a long time coming since I passed the interview in early 2007!

ya hope they go easy on us haha,

I'm heading down on the Wednesday evening, coming down from Dundalk! Might leave here about 3! Been a long time coming since I passed the interview in early 2007!
    Holy crap that was a long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cozzy66

cozzy66 wrote: »
    Short answer No they try give people a month's notice next training starting in September i think. Best of luck Thur
    Ya partly guessed it would of been too short notice. That's a fairly big gap between training June to Sept... Suppose I have to pass the medical first anyway and worry about the rest after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 collw2

From reading other post I gather there is a pub close to the grounds,ill see a few of yous there for an auld diet coke haha. :D

ha ha you have a thirst already ey !

i think there'll be a few of us in the pub on wednesday and the lot of us on the thursday for the euro match!

• Advertisement

i think there'll be a few of us in the pub on wednesday and the lot of us on the thursday for the euro match!
    I believe there is a pub in the college itself hehe :D

So can we park on the grounds and throw our stuff in the accommodation and hit the pub?

Anyone know what the story is with who we go to when we touch down in Templemore?

So can we park on the grounds and throw our stuff in the accommodation and hit the pub?

Anyone know what the story is with who we go to when we touch down in Templemore?
    I have no clue, it would be nice to have idea of what to expect...........:confused:

i dont think anyone knows the plan. from what i have read on the forums over the past two years i think the pub is right outside the gate (havent heard of one on the grounds) and that we have to be back by 11, in fairness i think we'll all be on the 7up so it wont make much difference! as for parking I dont think it's a problem, there should be loads in the college.

this is just from what i've seen on the forum though, so I could be totally wrong!

Thanks for that.......well looking at the AA website it says 2.5 hours from where I live so I am going to leave at 3 to avoid the Dublin traffic so should be down there about 5:30 next Wednesday! I will PM my number to anyone who wants to either travel down with me (in exchange for diesel money) or meet me down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

There's parking on the college grounds, & when you arrive just check in at the hut beside the entrance barrier. The lads in there will tell you your room number & where to go/time for where to meet the next morning.

There's a pub called Polly's across the road from the college gates, take it handy & don't ruin it for yourself by getting carried away. You've to be back on the college grounds by 11pm that night.

Phase 1 is induction, so take it all in & enjoy :)

EnterNow wrote: »
    There's parking on the college grounds, & when you arrive just check in at the hut beside the entrance barrier. The lads in there will tell you your room number & where to go/time for where to meet the next morning.

There's a pub called Polly's across the road from the college gates, take it handy & don't ruin it for yourself by getting carried away. You've to be back on the college grounds by 11pm that night.

Thanks very much,bit of pressure off us now!

Think the classes start at 8am on Thursday morning.....so definitely will be taking it handy at the pub!

thanks EnterNow! Looks like I wasn't too far off, any tip's for us all heading down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

any tip's for us all heading down?

Mainly just keep a clear head & don't get razzled in Pollys. There may be physical activities involved during your stay, so the last thing you want is to be running around hung over.

Just treat the place with respect, do what your told & listen/learn as much as possible.

• Advertisement

Mainly just keep a clear head & don't get razzled in Pollys. There may be physical activities involved during your stay, so the last thing you want is to be running around hung over.

Just treat the place with respect, do what your told & listen/learn as much as possible.

soft drinks all round was the plan, been waiting too long to mess it up with a hangover!

Advertisement