Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Grooming

Options
  • 04-06-2012 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Hi. Looking to get my dog groomed. He really needed it done at this stage. Been putting it off as money is tight, but not fair on the little fella. Anyone know/recommend anyone. Anyone cheap do it as a side job, can drop or done in my place -Naas.

Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

We use Ace pet services. They can collect from your house if needs be, very handy. Am on the phone, so you'll have to google them to get their number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

www.hairybabies.ie Jackie is amazing and such a nice girl loves dogs and basically you can't help but like her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

General price is about €40 for a small breed and it can take about 2 hours to be done properly, so taking into account materials and premises, no-one is making a fortune out of grooming, but many are making a living.

There's a great couple in Kildare Town (runbeg), but may be too far away. Also girl in cottage vets on Athgarvan road newbridge is excellent, but you need to book about 2 weeks in advance.

Check donedeal.ie and you may find some adverts for naas area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

sandin wrote: »
    General price is about €40 for a small breed and it can take about 2 hours to be done properly, so taking into account materials and premises, no-one is making a fortune out of grooming, but many are making a living.

There's a great couple in Kildare Town (runbeg), but may be too far away. Also girl in cottage vets on Athgarvan road newbridge is excellent, but you need to book about 2 weeks in advance.

Check donedeal.ie and you may find some adverts for naas area.

Jackie charges €20 for my dog (small but long haired that includes nails and anal glands) and he loves her he wouldn't be the easiest of dogs he was badly abused before he came here and he idolises €40 seems expensive my sister goes to someone in Gilltown and €20 is what she charges

Regardless I wouldn't go to anyone but Jackie she loves dogs and they seem to love her

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

I also use hairybabies for our terrier. Jacqui is brilliant with him and leaves him shining and happy, nails clipped and smelling of a great doggy cologne. He even gets photo'd and put on the hairybabies facebook page. Totally lovely person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

We use Groome vets in Kildare. The staff there are lovely and friendly. Couldn't recommend them enough. Check their website http://kildarevet.ie/ and click on price list.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

I'd highly recommend Muttley Crew in Newbridge. The owner, Jean, is brilliant and so good with all the dogs. Wouldn't leave mine with anyone else now! If you need details, pm me or you can find her on facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

toexpress wrote: »
    Jackie charges €20 for my dog (small but long haired that includes nails and anal glands) and he loves her he wouldn't be the easiest of dogs he was badly abused before he came here and he idolises €40 seems expensive my sister goes to someone in Gilltown and €20 is what she charges

Regardless I wouldn't go to anyone but Jackie she loves dogs and they seem to love her

Checked with herself and the €40 included a top end brush to keep the hair untangled. It was also a top end treatment and the regular wash and groom is €20. Just so used to women's hair dos costing the same as a year+ at the barber!:D

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I stumbled upon a facebook page for a groomer in Prosperous, brought my girl there and she loved it so she goes back all the time now :) it's called pawsperous groomers prosperous and the girls name is Felicity. Fantastic service and very reasonably too.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I've been using Happy Paws in Kildare town for my 2 dogs

Great prices and very nice people to deal with

www.happy-paws-grooming.com

HTH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Modified-IRL

Any updates,

My folks have a JR x and need his nails clipped and maybe a wash/cut to freshing him up

Naas/Newbridge area or surrounding areas :cool:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I stand by ace pet services. Moved out to Sallins now though. Have a look at Mutz Cutz, they have a few vans on the road, they do the pooch in the back of the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Jeanne of Ballymoss Pet Care is at Moss Vet. Hospital on the Monread Road in Naas - excellent.

Details here http://www.mossvet.ie/services.html

Advertisement