Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to wear with this?

• 04-06-2012 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭

So I bought this dress the other day!

2012_04_25_01314.jpg

I think I'm ok for how to dress it if I was going bare-legged but I'm wondering how I might wear it come colder weather. Any suggestions on what colour tights or boots/shoes to go with it?

It's a bit of a brave step outside of my comort zone for me but I really like it!

Edit: the colours are a little brighter than in the picture. Tis a sky blue and the pinks are very bright.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Id wear that with black tights and heels/boots and a leather jacket or black blazer depending on your style.

You could also wear coloured tights and high tops and a cardigan.

Or Black tights with pink/blue pumps and a black wooly cardie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 coffeeandshoes

That dress is so pretty on you! :D

For cold weather I would maybe add some black denier tights and some cute mary jane heels or boot’s. Maybe a cardigan and light summer scarf too? xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Lol, it's beautiful on that model! Thank you both. Any ideas on coloured tights that might go with it? I'm woeful with colours tbh. Trying to steer myself away from my usual black and brown!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 coffeeandshoes

• Advertisement

Ooh those tights are gorgeous! I think I'll look into those! After that it's only shoes I've trouble with. Normally I'd wear my trusty brogues but I'm not sure if they'd be a wee bit too dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'd stay away from black tights. I dunno, in my head it just seems wrong. You could go with navy coloured tights. Those pink ones are pretty.

Footwear, I think brown or tan boots or shoes would go well. You could even wear cons with it. :)

I was only looking at Carousel's website this afternoon. Some gorgeous dresses they have. I want them all!!

Black tights did strike as something too dark. I may try navy!

I *love* Carousel. I rarely go in cos I love everything and can't afford any of it but I decided to treat myself. :p

Advertisement