Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now thats what I call a Custom Stock!

Options
  • 04-06-2012 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Collected my rifle the other day from Edi at Pse Composites and I am really impressed with the service that he has given me. Custom stocks can make a huge difference to a rifle but in reality they are just an aftermarket product. In other words I could go out and buy a AICS off the shelf, fit it to my rifle and be delighted with the improvement.

I must say the stock I received from Edi is truly a custom stock as it did not come off the shelf but was built for me and my rifle.

- The stock was bedded to my rifle during the making of the stock
    - I decided on the size and type of butt pad I wanted
    - I decided where I wanted swivel studs and how many of them
    - The color of the stock was specifically mixed to my wishes and not picked from a list
    - I have palm swell to suit me as I shoot left handed
    - I have extra weight placed in the comb of the stock
    - I decided the roughness of the stippling on the grip and forearm

And to top it off, he lightened my trigger for me! He must have been reading my comments here because I have said before all that was left to do was get a new stock and lighten my trigger! Job Done! :cool:

Anyway got to fire it yday and really delighted with how the rifle handles and recoils!

We really are lucky to have such a good service in Ireland (Or two as I know Enda Walsh does too)

007jrh.jpg

002ydmy.jpg

004iyj.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

looks great lad, well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭robbie mars

Very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Nice looking job hope you get to use it this week.

Am off line at the moment as computer down. Have got fast go on this one. so keep in touch on phone. Thursday is looking good,

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭iTom

Looks very nice,well you may wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭palo

Hello Pat.

You sure have a nice rig now well done Have me thinking about doing something like that. I especially like the two swivels on the right side of the stock all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

palo wrote: »
    Hello Pat.

You sure have a nice rig now well done Have me thinking about doing something like that. I especially like the two swivels on the right side of the stock all the best.

Thanks lads, ya the swivels on the sides really help in keeping the rifle flat against your back, even though I got 2 swivels on the side Edi suggested (and he was right) that I attach the sling to the bottom swivel on the butt. For some reason it sits nicer on your shoulder when done this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭scuttlebutt

Thats a really nice bit of kit you have .

Advertisement