Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOBO Opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Craig B

Based on what you have there I'd suggestthis. (Im not trying to be a ASrock fanboy but they're great motherboards)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

Craig B wrote: »
    Based on what you have there I'd suggestthis. (Im not trying to be a ASrock fanboy but they're great motherboards)

Not seen a build recommended without an asrock... i know it must be the performnce to cost ratio being so good. is it just that? bang for buck etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

ASRocks seem to be the best value - for a different perspective this is what I went for:

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/DDR3/57454/ASUS+SABERTOOTH+Z77%2C+Sockel+1155%2C+ATX%2C+DDR3.article

Looks amazing (imo) - comes with a five year warranty and I love the thermal radar. I'd just had a machine die from heat / stupidity so was willing to spend quite a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

ASRocks seem to be the best value - for a different perspective this is what I went for:

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/DDR3/57454/ASUS+SABERTOOTH+Z77%2C+Sockel+1155%2C+ATX%2C+DDR3.article

Looks amazing (imo) - comes with a five year warranty and I love the thermal radar. I'd just had a machine die from heat / stupidity so was willing to spend quite a bit more.

@ GCD, what CPU you running, and are the 40mm fans necessary/noisy?

How does it oc?

I'm awaiting delibery of same mobo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

The wee fans can make a little noise but I'm not a good judge as some of the stuff I have in my machine makes an awful racket!

One point to mention watch it when you install the fan on the back plate - a screw went in cross threaded on mine and broke of screw hole off :( I managed to cobble it back togeather.

I'm running a 3570K and had some sucess with OCing nothing beyond 4Ghz yet though - just letting it all settle down.

The thermal radar and fan controllers are awesome!

Gratz on you excellent taste sir!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

I've been in the sane dilemma recently but about 90% of the current reviews I've seen suggest Asrock extreme 4 or 6, saying that it's outperforming most others even some high end motherboards..it's the sweet spot for performance/price..

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

U_Fig wrote: »
    I've been in the sane dilemma recently but about 90% of the current reviews I've seen suggest Asrock extreme 4 or 6, saying that it's outperforming most others even some high end motherboards..it's the sweet spot for performance/price..

That does seem to be the case but like a lot of things, would the ordinary joe soap really notice or be able tell the diff between the different boards in normal every day use with occassional gaming. Even moderate overclocking should joe soap so wish...Im not so sure

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

That does seem to be the case but like a lot of things, would the ordinary joe soap really notice or be able tell the diff between the different boards in normal every day use with occassional gaming. Even moderate overclocking should joe soap so wish...Im not so sure

Ya I can see what you mean but considering that it's gonna be the centre of the build I think it's something that you don't want to cheap out on..in saying that you may not need the performance or features now but think down the line you may use them..like basically get one that fits what you will use it for ..don't go buying a top end gaming one to use on a pc that's for Internet only..the same don't go get a cheap one if you want to do 4 way Sli..what I was saying is that the Asrock seems to be the sweet spot for balance..between

Advertisement