Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamlet/Vocab.

Options
  • 05-06-2012 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Greetings.
    Anybody happen to have a website where I may read through a few Hamlet essays, get a few ideas knocking about? :) . Or indeed, a site with some of the most important quotes from the play?

Also, someplace I could improve upon my vocab, just obtain a few "ladedah" words to work in.

Alot to ask i'm aware, but if somebody had any or all, that would be fantastic.

Thankyou.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Tossing in a few "ladedah" words won't make a big difference. Tossing in a few new words you've recently learned also opens you up to making a silly error.

The best thing to do at the moment is to just Google "Hamlet Essays" and have a read of them. Here's a good site: http://absoluteshakespeare.com/guides/hamlet/hamlet.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭diarmo06

Handy enough, thank you.

Wrong place to ask lads, but also, here doing some diary enteries:
    Does paragraph structure not follow the norm? It's morea business type structurally?
    D*mn e-xamit has thrown me asunder.

.....ah lads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

What's a 'business-type' paragraph structure?

Example:

I am writing to you today to say I was disgusted by the latest farse to hit the screens of RTE, Prime Time has torn my family apart.

I'm going to start my paragraph here, and just keep talking about the instances of prime time.

.. You know?

Okay, it won't let me tab to indent. But you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

diarmo06 wrote: »
    Example:

I am writing to you today to say I was disgusted by the latest farse (sic) to hit the screens of RTE, Prime Time has torn my family apart.

I'm going to start my paragraph here, and just keep talking about the instances of prime time.
    I think you mean the "tone" of your speech, be it formal or informal. What you've written up there leans far more to informal than formal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

diarmo06 wrote: »
    Wrong place to ask lads, but also, here doing some diary enteries:
    Does paragraph structure not follow the norm? It's morea business type structurally?
    D*mn e-xamit has thrown me asunder.
    I used to throw in a fake date (as long as it made sense) into the top right corner, skip a line, then "Dear diary," and write it in letter format. What you actually write though is far, far more important than the format.

• Advertisement
Advertisement