Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grass Growth

• 05-06-2012 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi all.
    Looking for some help here. I am not a farmer, but i have a strip of land rented. I use it for model airplanes. Im cutting this every week.

My question is can i spray some thing on it to kill the growth for the summer.
    Like before they plough land they spray some thing on it to burn the grass.
    This stuff they use i know it burns the grass that is all ready there, but would it prevent grass from growing say for 2 or 3 months.

I bought a small tractor and topper and now buying tractor diesel at 1.06 a litre.
    Any help appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Hi all.
    Looking for some help here. I am not a farmer, but i have a strip of land rented. I use it for model airplanes. Im cutting this every week.

My question is can i spray some thing on it to kill the growth for the summer.
    Like before they plough land they spray some thing on it to burn the grass.
    This stuff they use i know it burns the grass that is all ready there, but would it prevent grass from growing say for 2 or 3 months.

I bought a small tractor and topper and now buying tractor diesel at 1.06 a litre.
    Any help appreciated
    Thanks

back in early-ish June 2007 I sprayed 20 acres with round up. Then the heavens opened for two months solid . By the time it stopped raining in mid august the grass was just beginning to re-grow where I sprayed. But I could still rotivate it.
    So judging by that : spray early June ,spray again in August. But then again those guidelines could be particular to that non summer of 2007.
    But round-up is what you should be looking for. Takes a few days to kick in after spraying.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Thanks for that silkcut.
    The strip i have is 350 metre long by 20 metre wide.
    Not sure whats that in acres.

I suppose the stronger the mix the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭brian_t

The strip i have is 350 metre long by 20 metre wide.
    Not sure whats that in acres.

7,000 square metres is equivalent to 1.73 acres

http://www.trueknowledge.com/q/convert_7000m2_to_acres

Advertisement