Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Only thing interesting about E3 for me so far, that and Trey Parker/Matt Stone on South Park :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Seen reports that ubisoft has claimed this will arrive on the current gen of consoles and PC, not next gen. Most likely the graphics will take a hit, also no release window announced.

Liking the game though, want to see more of the abilities you can use to change the game world, disabling a guys phone to get into a building is nice the first time but would grate if you have to do it every 30 minutes. And want to see more of the MP aspect, reminds me of an old game called The Crossing that was never relased that tried toblend MP with a SP game so want to see how Watch Dogs handles it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

was it confirmed it was MP? and not just one player 2 characters?

cos if it's MP then **** this game, which is sad as it looks incredible

Heres the conference with the original part not in the video above. Its around 1:30:40 where the (I think) MP part comes in.

Player gets a message saying "Intrusion Detected". Now either you switch to that character (named Bixxel_44, sounds very "online persona-ish") and play protecting the main character under control as an AI, but it flags up "New Group Objective" for the extra character and implied there is a group "we need to protect him" and a few names in the city as it fades out "Valkyrie" "Siren" "Fidget" "Cryptic".

Now since they have shown both the player making the escape as Pearce and this extra character, I dunno. Might have jumped the gun with the idea of MP hovering over your SP game or could be a subset of characters that you can jump into for a different view and gameplay to allow replayability.

Still makes me want more info. Also, Ubisoft confirms that was a PC running the game so dunno what a console version will be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Hope they allow a bit of latitude in how to handle situations for instance if your being chased and need to evade will it allow you to dynamicly select options like straight out gun fight, cross an intersetion then switch off the traffic lights to jam the road or perhaps knock out the blocks power to throw it into darkness?

Same applies for objectives such as gaining access to the art gallery in te demo. We saw him knock out the phone (I think) to distract the bouncer but could you knock out the lights instead? Set up a car crash on the street to distract or maybe send an automated message to the emergency services to the address to busy the door man.

Flexibilty in gameplay like this would really add a lot of depth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

was it confirmed it was MP? and not just one player 2 characters?

cos if it's MP then **** this game, which is sad as it looks incredible

Huh? Whats wrong with it being multiplayer? And i thinks its pretty much been confirmed, also when they finished there were clearly 2 people with controllers on either side of the stage.
    I think its more co-op or counter-op than direct shooty multiplayer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Assassin's Creed with haxx0rz? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY UBISOFT

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think it has the potential to be the modern day Spy vs Spy in a MP environment - 2 or 3 per team *MAX* walking around a city block looking like regular members of public like Assassins Creed - you only spot them by seeing them do something funky or scanning, but scanning could reveal your position too etc. I quite enjoyed the AC multiplayer, but hated the "levelling" stuff cause unless you were playing all the time, it was too imba for people with no life. I'm not opposed to levelling multiplayer stuff as a rule mind you, but I think the balance wasn't quite right for AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Best game of E3 so far for me. The rest of ubisofts slate are also pretty good, but Watch Dogs looks like something different and very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Nollog

Looks great, looking forward to more information at e3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

its sorta deus ex meets assassins creed with some cover based shooting in there as well, nice mishmash of stuff and the graphics are great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'm actually more excited about this than GTA IV now. :D It could be one of those games that's spectacular or awful. I'm hoping that it turns out to be the former... I've been waiting ages for a game that I could allow me such choices. :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

This just about sums up my feelings towards this

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

According to Gametrailers.com E3 all access, the game will be PC only initially with consoles coming later

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

According to Gametrailers.com E3 all access, the game will be PC only initially with consoles coming later

This game sounds better every minute

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Really? That sounds interesting! It would not hugely surprise me if that was the case and they waited for the next generation of consoles before actually releasing it on consoles. I would imagine the current generation of consoles could struggle to run the game judging by the preview video shown at E3.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Really? That sounds interesting! It would not hugely surprise me if that was the case and they waited for the next generation of consoles before actually releasing it on consoles. I would imagine the current generation of consoles could struggle to run the game judging by the preview video shown at E3.

Hopefully gametrailers.com upload it later but it was shortly before the Platinum reveal. His said 'high end PC required', then he said 'console release will be sometime afterwards and after that I don't know.'

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's make a great launch title for Next Gen, but they should totally get it out to us PC gods, I mean players first to help point out what parts they'll have to dumb down, I mean optimise...

Problem.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The game looks great but if it's multiplayer/co-op only? No thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Would this run better on console or typical pc setup?

Last pc I owned was an amiga circa 20yr ago; so wouldn't be in the loop there all I recall was Rage struck me as next-gen and ran smooth-as on consoles, 60fps full details not a frame drop suggesting the ps3 has a lot more to give whilst the rage thread was jammed up with pc tech talk aka struggling for best optimization.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

God I hate Ubisoft on PC. ...worst DRM ever !! , we will probably have to give in our passports to play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Do you have a link to that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Looks like a mix of Deus Ex, GTA and Max Payne. I just had a crisis...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

LH Pathe wrote: »

Last pc I owned was an amiga circa 20yr ago; so wouldn't be in the loop there all I recall was Rage struck me as next-gen and ran smooth-as on consoles, 60fps full details not a frame drop suggesting the ps3 has a lot more to give whilst the rage thread was jammed up with pc tech talk aka struggling for best optimization.

Depends on the game and the PC.

Rage was a particularly bad example as there was a bug that caused a lot of problems at PC launch. If a game is designed right it will run well on a ~€500 PC and look a noticeable better than anything a console can do. Problem generally is lazy or inexperienced devs that don't know how to port a game to the PC, or publishers that give them a shoe string budget and limited time to do it.

But Ubisoft normally has decent ports that run well although they don't add a lot of options to make it look better than the console version. But if this is being developed PC first it might play and look noticeably better on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

LH Pathe wrote: »
    As it stands, there's absolutely no way to know how it will run on consoles. The demo that they showed made extremely heavy use of DirectX 11 features so if it were to come out this generation on consoles they'd have to replace much of that with DX9-based stuff. My bet is that they'll use the PC as the lead platform and see how development goes as the move towards the next-gen of consoles continues and then make a decision on other platforms later.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/06/watch-dogss-second-character-was-another-player-online-is-in-the-dna-of-watchdogs/

So they are trying to blend people playing the single player as Pearce and multiplayer players with their own seperate objectives. Could be interesting, maybe they are engaged in a hacker war and scanning Pearce gives your team a sub-objective with bonuses for completing it. And would assume there is a way to deactivate Mp players connecting with you, or wit would be good to include it.

aaaaaand that's my interest in watch dogs gone, shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I'd only be interested in people I know playing with me, but to be honest it's too early to guess what MP aspects will have. Really dislike online play.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

aaaaaand that's my interest in watch dogs gone, shame.

Not a fan of multiplayer/co-op?

• Advertisement

in theory it can work I guess.. but in general not really a fan. probably something to do with the fact that I've never had any friends who genuinely wanted to play co-op games, any time I've tried they spend the entire time ****ing about trying to get you killed instead of trying to complete objectives. Explosion man on the xbox being a horrible, horrible example of this.

if it was dark soulsish.. where you could play your SP game and other people may or may not jump in.. might not bother me as much but the way they described it it's kinda sounding.. mmo-ish

Advertisement