Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone getting the Dedsec edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm pretty excited about this, seeing as there's no sign of GTA V on PC and I'm starting to worry it won't make it to PC, this is the closest thing there is.
    Due September 19th now apparently - http://www.simplycdkeys.com/steam/grand-theft-auto-5

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kudros

I cannot wait for this game on the PC, Ultra specs are steep but very achievable!

Watch Dogs, recommended system requirements for the PC version:

Operating system (64-bit only): Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8;
    Processor: Eight core – Intel Core i7-3770 @3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 X8 @ 4 GHz;
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Video card: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM – Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti or AMD Radeon HD 7850
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
    HDD: 25 GB of free space;
    Other: DirectX 11.
    Additional Notes: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode. Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series; AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Due September 19th now apparently - http://www.simplycdkeys.com/steam/grand-theft-auto-5

lol
    It's a bit like those end of the world predictions from the past with GTA V announcements now. Nostradamus says GTA V will be out on such and such a day, the day comes and nothing happens, the Mayans say GTA V is coming on such and such a day and nothing happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Dis game....

20061bc6aa78ae3c712d477f0a3d8b6f-d4wb5t6.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm actually quite looking forward to this now. I've not paid too much attention to it for a while, but the latest trailers make it look quite good.

God I really hope they don't make a mess of this game especially after the release delay, I see in the IGN preview, they said:

"The core gameplay loop of driving to a marker on your map, watching a cutscene, completing a mission, and watching another cutscene that leads you to the next marker on your map has really had its impact dulled from sheer use over the past decade. Despite enjoying the handful of core missions in WD I’ve gotten to play, I’m really beginning to feel the fatigue of this decades-old formula."

I personally don't have a problem with this, but can understand if it's getting a bit tedious for some people. Also I'm a bit dubious about the re-playability once the campaign is finished.

Anyone else agree/disagree?

If the story and cutscenes are done well, than i've no problems with that formula.

If not...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Gamestop.ie has it down for €74.99 on PS4.

What about the re-playability once the campaign is completed & campaign length?
    Is there much info on the campaign length?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Kudros wrote: »
    What about the re-playability once the campaign is completed & campaign length?
    Is there much info on the campaign length?
    I'd imagine the replayability will be the same as the likes of Assassin's Creed and GTA etc, in that the scripted missions will be exactly the same, but the fun will be about piddling around exploring the maps and finding collectibles, as well as the multiplayer portion.

Hopefully they do actually offer different ways of completing missions as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone getting the Dedsec edition?

I'm the only one am I :pac:?

@sephiroth, remind me again the perks for getting the dedsec edition

@sephiroth, remind me again the perks for getting the dedsec edition

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSop_sKYHC12qjyBaXptBOYKYBY0M7R1dCdtNgvPj24fER_rCcT

Physical content

A 23cm Aiden Pearce Figurine
    Steelboook
    DEDSEC Collector box
    Watch_Dogs Artbook: artworks and illustrations that inspired the game
    Original soundtrack of the game
    Watch_Dogs map of Chicago
    Set of 4 collectible cards: discover Watch_Dogs iconic characters through augmented reality
    Set of 3 exclusive badges
    Digital content

3 single payer missions: almost 60 minutes of additional gameplay
    Palace Pack: A police raid is planned on the luxury palace of an Internet mogul. His impressive databanks have intimate details on thousands of people…including Aiden Pearce. Break inside, wipe the hard drives and escape before the raid begins.
    Rewards (Unlocked upon completion of the ULC mission)
    INVESTIGATION BONUS: Unlock more investigative opportunities inside the network databanks.
    ATM HACK BOOST: Boost your cash rewards when hacking bank
    Signature Shot: A biometrics weapon has been smuggled into Chicago for a captain of the Black Viceroys gang. The weapon only works with the first person who holds the gun.
    Breach a stronghold, steal the package and be the first to hold the weapon.
    Rewards (Unlocked upon completion of the ULC mission):
    BLACK VICEROYS GANG COLOURS OUTFIT
    BIOMETRIC ASSAULT RIFLE
    Breakthrough Pack: A secret gathering is underway. The Chicago Club is negotiating power with Corporate CEOs. The Club has hired scramblers to block surveillance devices. Drive around the city to find the scramblers and take them out. Retrieve all names from the meeting and upload their images to the world.
    Rewards (Unlocked upon completion of the ULC mission)
    VEHICLE EXPERT PERK: Get free vehicles from your Underground Car Contact and earn discounts on select cars.

fry_skeptical.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I never get special editions of the first game in a new franchise. Too much risk of it not being worth it.

Only things I'd be interested in the dedsec is the Vehicle Expert Pack, ATM hack boost & the extra missions, the rest I can do without. I'm presuming this'll be around the €80 mark?

Only things I'd be interested in the dedsec is the Vehicle Expert Pack, ATM hack boost & the extra missions, the rest I can do without. I'm presuming this'll be around the €80 mark?

87 sterling on amazon, I'm not fully sure If I can afford it yet,hopefully I can.

EDIT: Just checked gamestop and there charging between 119 and 139 LOL.

Balls to that then, I'll just buy the bog standard edition & I'm sure I'll be able to buy the extra missions at some stage as a dlc or something like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Watch Dogs will run at 1080p and at 60 fps according to Sony.
    The world of Watch_Dogs comes alive on PS4 with the best graphics on any console and exclusive missions found only on Playstation. Hack everything as you make your way through Chicago's underground as you experience Watch_Dogs in a way that only PS4 can provide, at 60 Frames Per Second at 1080p.

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/watch-dogs-ps4

I wonder how the X1 will stack up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Probably around 720p-900p upscaled to 1080p like alot of cross platform titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Somehwt undecided on this. So much hype that died away and I don't know what to think.

Might use that videogames website to order for 40 quid....the 55+ is a bit steep for a potential flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

I cant believe the way public opinion has swayed on this over the last while? Is it really in the balance with regards to its expected quality, estimated sales etc (I've tried to avoid a lot of news and hype surrounding it)?

I don't know about ye, but when it was due out last November I was hyped, ok it did die down a bit between then and now due to disappointment & people not wanting to tease themselves anymore, but now the hype is building again, well the hype is building with myself anyway, a few people I've spoken to say they're much more hyped about "The Division" than another GTA style game like Watch Dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I don't know about ye, but when it was due out last November I was hyped, ok it did die down a bit between then and now due to disappointment & people not wanting to tease themselves anymore, but now the hype is building again, well the hype is building with myself anyway, a few people I've spoken to say they're much more hyped about "The Division" than another GTA style game like Watch Dogs

In fairness my next gen hype has been about The Division much more then anything else, to be fair nothing has come close for me.

I do enjoy, love and appreciate GTA style games, but I think it says a lot that I've only ever completed one. I just get bored with them and move onto something else.

Obviously a worry with watchdogs. Even Assassins Creed 4 I enjoy, think is good, but cant bring myself to play for more then an hour at a time, and havnt touched it in about two months,

I'm probably going to hang on, see reviews and hear what people say then buy from that Canadian place.

Still waiting on THAT game for PS4 that makes me turn on the console every day sweating to play. Havnt turned on the playstation in a month, hasn't been able to pull me away from my PC.

Xbox 360 did in its early days, with Halo 3 and CODs first Modern Warfare iterations, there is a "hope" that Watch Dog might be the first title to really get me going on my PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I'm the only one am I :pac:?

It's a bit risky really, pre-ordering a special edition, especially from the folks that brought you Assassin's Creed, which I recall being hyped in much the same way as this is when it was first shown for PS3/360.
    ripperman wrote: »
    I cant believe the way public opinion has swayed on this over the last while? Is it really in the balance with regards to its expected quality, estimated sales etc (I've tried to avoid a lot of news and hype surrounding it)?

I'm still a bit undecided. I really liked the initial E3 demo but the thing is the Ubisoft pedigree. Lately I've found the Ubi AAA games to be fairly good and polished and everything but nothing to get me super hyped about it. I just expect this to be another 7 or 8 out of 10 kind of game that I will probably play and enjoy but not go crazy about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

87 sterling on amazon, I'm not fully sure If I can afford it yet,hopefully I can.

EDIT: Just checked gamestop and there charging between 119 and 139 LOL.

I am getting the Vigilante Edition and the price between that one and the top one did not seem worth it when I heard about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Pre-ordered the standard edition for Xbox 360 off Amazon last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Advertisement