Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

You can have 1080p and 60 FFS easily enough. It doesn't preclude it from looking like ****e to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

You dont have to, its been removed lol
    Watch_Dogs_1080p-670x228_zps97ef426a.jpg

Now

SonyWatchDogs1080pgone-670x237_zps79d13303.jpg

Heres the link( scroll down ) http://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/watch-dogs-ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The Surround Gamer

lmimmfn wrote: »
    You dont have to, its been removed lol

Now

Heres the link( scroll down ) url

Interesting! Perhaps 1440p 120 fps? Oh wait, that's the PC version...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, which edition is everyone going for? :pac:

xkwxuua59ymp7bnqcbce.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

sheehy83 wrote: »

xkwxuua59ymp7bnqcbce.jpg

FFS Ubisoft!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

did they seriously make a hat pre order dlc ?

--edit

i mean the 'aiden pearce iconic cap'

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

F*cking hell...

The Dedsec edition doesn't even include the season pass? What a rip off.

Ha, the Dedsec edition doesn't even include Dedsec Pack additional content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

To lazy to login, upload and insert....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That chart is perfect to represent what is wrong with video game industry And triple A games at this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

did they seriously make a hat pre order dlc ?

--edit

i mean the 'aiden pearce iconic cap'
    It's part of the Vigilante Edition.

I'll happily object to their use of the word iconic though. :)
    That chart is perfect to represent what is wrong with video game industry And triple A games at this day and age.
    It only looks bloated because it includes SKUs from different regions and digital offerings too. The former isn't really anything new, I remember having to navigate this list back when I wanted to get The Witcher. STALKER had wildly varying editions too depending on what region you're in.

As for the digital offerings, it looks like they're trying to tempt people to buy the game from Uplay so they can cut out middle man, nothing particular wrong with that plan...bar their use of the actual RRP I guess. As part of their deal with Sony they also have a PSN exclusive version which, bizarrely, seems to be the most game-specific content complete one.

Personally the only thing that bugs me about the Watch_Dogs stuff is that the Limited Edition isn't available in Europe. I like art books but have no interest in the rest of the physical paraphernalia, nor the inflated price tag, which comes with the DedSec edition. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

That list...
    aaaaa.gif?w=627

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Noticed a new 9 minute video up on Gametrailers. Game has some pretty interesting activities you can play!

Think I will pick this up, looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The one that's on sale in a months time on steam or one of the key sites.

How old is thief? It's already down at €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Benzino wrote: »
    Noticed a new 9 minute video up on Gametrailers

fry-take-my-money.jpg :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

dmcg90 wrote: »
    FFS Ubisoft!
    ScumLord wrote: »
    The one that's on sale in a months time on steam or one of the key sites.

How old is thief? It's already down at €12.

I'd say I'll be doing the same, seeing that chart has put me right off giving them full price for this. I think the Thief price was quick to drop though due to poorer reviews than expected which probably hurt the sales from non-fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

I'm sure (or at least I hope) the devs did the best job they could, and after spending so long working on the game it must be embarrassing and frustratingly disappointing for them to get meh console tech and an uniformed and confused/confusing marketing dep.

Huh??

Though gametrailers stated it was 1080p 60fps yesterday??
    Anyway as long as the game play is good I couldn't care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Both are crap resolutions for these 'next gen' consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Didn't AC4 launch at 900p on PS4 but then got a patch to bump it to 1080p?

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Its really down to the developers.Forza 5 hit 1080p with 60fps and the New Wolfenstein game will be the same.I think its just down to DEVS getting to terms with the Hardware.By Christmas i'd say both consoles be on par with every game running at 1080p and 60fps

Its really down to the developers.Forza 5 hit 1080p with 60fps and the New Wolfenstein game will be the same.I think its just down to DEVS getting to terms with the Hardware.By Christmas i'd say both consoles be on par with every game running at 1080p and 60fps

No it's not. These are big time developers not some guy on his own making an indie game. Why would Ubisoft Montreal not want Watchdogs to look and run as best it can on console?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

No it's not. These are big time developers not some guy on his own making an indie game. Why would Ubisoft Montreal not want Watchdogs to look and run as best it can on console?

If you look back to the first few games on the 360 they looked awful. I'd say it takes time to fully understand each systems capabilities.

The likes of Forza,Infamous and even AC4 have looked amazing!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Games will always look far better at the end of a console generation. Takes a while for the new hardware to be fully utilized, and you'll see constant improvements over the next few years.

I would have thought the consoles similarity to PC's would have largely negated any programming maturity.

Kiith wrote: »
    Games will always look far better at the end of a console generation. Takes a while for the new hardware to be fully utilized, and you'll see constant improvements over the next few years.

That's another 8-10 years away when 1080p 60 FPS gaming will be a thing in the past. These consoles should be able to at least match mid level PCs when they launched last November. That means 1080p as standard. Can you imagine what PCs will be capable of in 10 years? Probably 8K resolution, virtual reality headsets as the norm with thousands using them in MMOG and god knows what else. I'm not saying consoles will ever match PCs because let's face it they won't, but they should be a lot more powerful than their predecessors and these next gen ones are a massive letdown.

Edit - The thread is going off topic so I'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

This game looks nice, let me open up Microsoft Excel to see how to buy it... :p

Supposedly the light on the PS4 controller is virtual reality related, but I tend to agree they are underpowered and probably wont have the life span of last gen due to unforeseen/ignored competitors. Somebody is going to want content delivery for big resolution media, and 500GB isn't going to cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Kiith wrote: »

While that's true, you would think that 1080p at this point would not be especially difficult to do. 1080p has just become standard screen resolution by now, even phones have 1080p screens these days. I've been running it on everything since I started PC gaming in 2009. Considering both ran 720p the previous time (with hardware that is now 8-9 years old), you would think the new ones would be able for 1080p out the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Benzino wrote: »
    Noticed a new 9 minute video up on Gametrailers. Game has some pretty interesting activities you can play!

Think I will pick this up, looks interesting.

Looks brilliant!

Advertisement