Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looks like the review embargo has been broken, first review for the Xbox One Version
    wccftech 7.2/10

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820807

Leaked gameplay video here as well http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cfc_1400346978

Not sure what to make of this part of the review if true :confused:
    One huge caveat/punishment Ubisoft implemented is when you do turn off the Online Option, all your skills accumulated are reset to zero. You read that right. They all get reset to zero. All the online-specific skills reset to zero as punishment for not wanting to play online, something which is entirely disappointing. Either you keep getting invaded, or you get punished for wanting to play sometimes and not other times with the online mode.

Xenji wrote: »
    Looks like the review embargo has been broken, first review for the Xbox One Version
    wccftech 7.2/10

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820807

Leaked gameplay video here as well http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cfc_1400346978

Not sure what to make of this part of the review if true :confused:

Ouch.....

Wolfenstien it is so..was struggling to chose

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That would be a fairly big detail for the devs to hide. Like dark souls, the only time I would play offline is if my Internet was acting up but it would be crap to lose all skill stats just because my Internet dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Only in the games industry would 7.2/10 be considered a negative rating. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

e_e wrote: »
    Only in the games industry would 7.2/10 be considered a negative rating. Madness.

a 7.2 is horrid for a game that has been delayed since last november for "improvements"
    il still get it , but I'll wait for more reviews to decide if its a day one purchase or not

I can see a patch been released for that skills reset

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

7.2? I'll wait till it's a fiver in a steam sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Agreed, I mean if its a bad game give it a score that reflects it like 4/10 or 5/10 or something, I often check films on sites like imdb or others, if I saw 7/10 I'd think hey it's well worth a watch.

calex71 wrote: »
    Agreed, I mean if its a bad game give it a score that reflects it like 4/10 or 5/10 or something, I often check films on sites like imdb or others, if I saw 7/10 I'd think hey it's well worth a watch.

Haha yeah IMDB is usually 6 - 8.5 is definitely worth a watch. Over 8.5 is *usually* arty shyte. If a game gets under 8.5, it's an unplayable mess!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

A 7.2 is a fairly **** rating to get, was expecting at least 8 or 9 for this. Oh well, I have it ordered so I'll make up my own mind. I recall sleeping dogs not getting particularly high scores and it turned out to be one of my favorite games of the last gen (I know it's not related to Watch Dogs :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm not too up on the online aspect of this game since I don't play online games much. So the single player game more or less needs online to play? Or is it only in a separate multiplayer mode this affects?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

It'll take more than one review (from a website i've never heard of) to worry me.
    I'll be getting this regardless of reviews anyway.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm not too up on the online aspect of this game since I don't play online games much. So the single player game more or less needs online to play? Or is it only in a separate multiplayer mode this affects?

Like Dark Souls, in the single player mode, you can get invaded by other players to hack your data. Nice idea of having to constantly watch your back. There are seperate MP modes but this was the main online aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

7.2 is an average review. What a let down this game has been in all regards. Heralded as the game to showcase the next gen properly, it looks like it's a big disappointment. Think I'll be holding off on a next gen console for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

That online skills reset bit is madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

That online skills reset bit is madness

Yeah that won't last. I'd expect a day one patch or very soon after launch to fix it, the backlash is going to be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

I doubt its even true

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

7.2 for a hyped game like this is fairly ****. It's not like I care much about scores, but 7.2 is not great and will make me be more careful before buying it.
    Then again it's only one review and it might be full of **** too. We will wait and see. When it should be out anyway? Next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

The 27th, so Tuesday week.

This screen says only notoriety skills are reset. Looking it up, out of all 57 skills notoriety only makes up 5 skills. The is a full list if you google them, those 5 are really minor.

onlineoff-635x357.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

So basically we shouldn't trust anything that article/review says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Benzino wrote: »
    So basically we shouldn't trust anything that article/review says.

The image is from the same review site, it all looks fairly questionable though and possibly based on the multiplayer beta.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Roll on Tuesday WK! Although I won't have till Friday due to ordering from amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Keno wrote: »
    Looks amazing.

Wow, just shy of 2 years since I started this thread. My excitement for this game has really dwindled since then. Announcing a game so far away really kills the anticipation. Then adding the clear decline in visual fidelity since that first reveal video.

I might pick it up when I get new console in the next month but I'll probably wait for it to get cheaper and pick it up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Critic reviews are always in the 7-8 area. Not to mention actually using an arbitrary number to judge the quality of a game is asinine in my opinion. Seriously, 7.2... POINT 2? What could that 0.2 difference actually mean. Seriously I want the reviewer to explain to me the exact thing in the game that bumped it from regular ole 7 up by a fraction. And why put it in a number, why not EXPLAIN that thing in detail instead.

But here's me expecting quality from game journalism :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Exactly, there's just not enough integrity to games criticism. Reviewers are afraid to say what they want to say for fear of pissing off the the people shelling out 60 euro as well as the bigger companies. That's why so many mediocre and uninspired games get rated in the vicinity of 80-90 whereas the more interesting and unique ones get relegated to 7/10 "Interesting, not for everyone.". Critics should speak for themselves instead of tailoring their real opinion to what the mass market needs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Heaven forbid we'd actually wait for familiar and trustworthy sources rather than a random, poorly written review from a random website that people suspect might actually be based on a beta as opposed to the finished product! I'm sure an actual consensus or indication will emerge before long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

johnny stop talking sense.. get out the pitchforks and torches and let's rage! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heaven forbid we'd actually wait for familiar and trustworthy sources rather than a random, poorly written review from a random website that people suspect might actually be based on a beta as opposed to the finished product! I'm sure an actual consensus or indication will emerge before long.

That's what I was thinking,I'll wait for gameinformer,IGN'S review.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That's what I was thinking,I'll wait for gameinformer,IGN'S review.

I think I'd actually trust that deeply untrustworthy review more than I'd trust Game Informer or IGN :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

I think I'd actually trust that deeply untrustworthy review more than I'd trust Game Informer or IGN :p

Wouldn't believe a word out of IGN's mouth. These are the same people that give COD nearly perfect scores year in year out. Nothing more than a mouthpiece for these multi billion dollar companies.

Advertisement