Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kudros

I suppose I can always buy another graphics card to keep this current one company if needs be in the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

gizmo wrote:
    And if you had read the chart though.

Which game so far in gaming history has required you to read an excel chart to make you find out if the version of the game is the correct one for you?

Bar Eve.

But you are right. Until we see the actual reviews we're in the dark completely.

If Ubisoft had any sense (And was confident in their product.) they should release the Embargo now.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to be proven wrong by Ubisoft on this. I was really looking forward to this. (I spent €300+ upgrading my video card for this.) But I was burnt before and this just seems to similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Ravenid wrote: »
    Which game so far in gaming history has required you to read an excel chart to make you find out if the version of the game is the correct one for you?
    Firstly, The Witcher. I didn't need a chart, I just wanted to know if there was a version available with an art book. If there wasn't I would have just gone with the regular edition. :)

But Ubisoft don't require you to read any chart, in fact the problem has been exacerbated simply because someone made that bloody chart in the first place. That being said, they could have saved themselves a hell of a lot of trouble if they had just combined some of the editions and dropped the unique names and regional restrictions.
    If Ubisoft had any sense (And was confident in their product.) they should release the Embargo now.
    I tend to agree. Given the furore over the games release, it would seem to be the wisest thing to do at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Leaked footage...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

They appear to have gone with the ol' pivot that vehicle like its on a stick handling system. :( The visuals also look about 100 times better at night too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

kyub wrote: »
    They appear to have gone with the ol' pivot that vehicle like its on a stick handling system. :( The visuals also look about 100 times better at night too.

Maybe it's the video compression but the textures look a bit muddy at times.
    However take a look at Second Son which looks about a billion times better at night in the rain.

I'm not too worried about how it looks as long as it doesn't look like complete arse. I'm just waiting to see if it is actually fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Why are there so many collector/special editions of this game? Why are there ANY collector editions for the game when it's a NEW series that couldn't possibly have a legacy or fan-base based on experience with it to merit such a thing. Hey guys, check out my collection of Watch Dogs! Here it is... one game that got released yesterday... so rare and vintage, a true collector's item!

They even come with little figurines of that edgy-as-feck main character in the hat. How do people know if they will even like him? Ugh, I don't understand this anymore.

Anyway lads, let me know what the hell the game is like when anyone in here gets their hands on it. Most importantly, is the driving as GTAV crap as it looks? This is a definite no-buy for me if they can't get the driving right.
    calex71 wrote: »
    Just saw this posted on another site this morning

Wow that seems like a fairly big downgrade for last gen console players to have to suffer. Usually downgrades are purely graphical like draw distance, poly count, effects, resolution, FPS (although we're already on an unimpressive 30 for all consoles) etc... but effecting the gameplay... dayum - perhaps they should've left it current-gen. Meh, who am I to say, maybe it's not that big of a deal.

At least the special editions actually come with the game included. One of the Wolfenstein special editions has everything but the actual game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well that is pretty ****ing special to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I'm starting to worry that Ubisoft might be hyping this game to the point where it can't not be a disappointment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

4Dlolz wrote: »
    Leaked footage...

Hopefully the recording taken was just poor quality, because the performance looks dreadful in that video. That frame rate would do my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Bar Eve.

But you are right. Until we see the actual reviews we're in the dark completely.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to be proven wrong by Ubisoft on this. I was really looking forward to this. (I spent €300+ upgrading my video card for this.) But I was burnt before and this just seems to similar.

Just to clarify EvE doesnt need a chart to buy it just needs them to play :P

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Why are there so many collector/special editions of this game? Why are there ANY collector editions for the game when it's a NEW series that couldn't possibly have a legacy or fan-base based on experience with it to merit such a thing. Hey guys, check out my collection of Watch Dogs! Here it is... one game that got released yesterday... so rare and vintage, a true collector's item!

They even come with little figurines of that edgy-as-feck main character in the hat. How do people know if they will even like him? Ugh, I don't understand this anymore.

Anyway lads, let me know what the hell the game is like when anyone in here gets their hands on it. Most importantly, is the driving as GTAV crap as it looks? This is a definite no-buy for me if they can't get the driving right.

Wow that seems like a fairly big downgrade for last gen console players to have to suffer. Usually downgrades are purely graphical like draw distance, poly count, effects, resolution, FPS (although we're already on an unimpressive 30 for all consoles) etc... but effecting the gameplay... dayum - perhaps they should've left it current-gen. Meh, who am I to say, maybe it's not that big of a deal.

As far as I know the driving stuff is being done by Ubisoft Reflections, who made all the Driver games, so the driving will basically be the same as Driver San Francisco. So the driving and handling should be decent at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Apparently the ending has been released and can be seen on youtube :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's sad, this game went from super hype as a next gen marvel to nobody cares to everybody hates it and it's not even released yet. I was still really looking forward to it but my expectations have come right down. Maybe it's a good thing as I might enjoy the game more, who knows.

Ubi should have focused on making it next gen only to get the 2nd Son graphics instead of compromising to work on last gen as well.

Apparently the ending has been released and can be seen on youtube :(

Why would anyone want to see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Same reason people like to read spoilers. Then there are the people that like posting spoilers.

I never understood it myself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Myrddin wrote: »
    Hopefully the recording taken was just poor quality, because the performance looks dreadful in that video. That frame rate would do my head in.

That is without a shadow of a doubt simply poor capturing technology or someone running it on a PC incapable of running the game properly. High quality footage of the game on consoles (well, PS4 and One anyway) shows it running at a fair old clip, and I would like to think a major game running at a constant sub-15 FPS simply would not make it through any reasonable level of quality control.

I have to say the videos I've seen so far seem like the level of detail and activity in the city is on a different level to what we've seen in open world games of this sort so far - looks like a great place to simply soak in and observe. The rainy night 'leak' looked magnificent, and the close-up third person view seems like it will really benefit immersion. Whether that illusion can be maintained and there's gameplay design to match is something that we'll have to wait to release to find out.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ubi should have focused on making it next gen only to get the 2nd Son graphics instead of compromising to work on last gen as well.
    With a development cycle spanning around six years there's no way they could have afforded to have made it next-gen only unfortunately.

If the game is a success hopefully we'll see future iterations be next-gen only using the Snowdrop engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

At least the special editions actually come with the game included. One of the Wolfenstein special editions has everything but the actual game.

I like this method, though. It allows you to buy the game on its own and if you really really like it can get all the collection stuff afterwards when you've actually played the game.

• Advertisement

I assumed this was just a typo or something but you're dead right, how odd.

Wolfenstein: The New Order Panzerhund Edition doesn't include the game

I'm loath to call it a special edition of a game when it doesn't come with the actual game though. At that point it's just a merch bundle, no?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    It's sad, this game went from super hype as a next gen marvel to nobody cares to everybody hates it and it's not even released yet. I was still really looking forward to it but my expectations have come right down. Maybe it's a good thing as I might enjoy the game more, who knows.

Flop Dogs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I have gone from being initially very excited about the game, then disappointed and not having much hope for it, now back to hoping it will actually be a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Making money is more important than making a good game. Inescapable truth. This game and its graphical controversy could have been avoided but they have to make it work on the lowest common denominator to make money. If the PC version was the only one, it would still look as amazing as it did at the e3 reveal. Games are supposed to look better after 2 more year of development, not worse.

TBH the ugliness of GTA didn't bother me and it wont bother me with this.....but the game isn't going to sell as well as it should because of this "controversy" and that's kind of sad.

Kirby wrote: »
    Making money is more important than making a good game. Inescapable truth. This game and its graphical controversy could have been avoided but they have to make it work on the lowest common denominator to make money. If the PC version was the only one, it would still look as amazing as it did at the e3 reveal. Games are supposed to look better after 2 more year of development, not worse.

TBH the ugliness of GTA didn't bother me and it wont bother me with this.....but the game isn't going to sell as well as it should because of this "controversy" and that's kind of sad.

Re-enforces how I feel about the review embargo situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Cool video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Stream here of someone who got a leaked copy of the 360 version early and has been playing the last few hours.

EDIT: Replace the asterisks with the word sh*t, profanity filter won't let me put it in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Stream here of someone who got a leaked copy of the 360 version early and has been playing the last few hours.

EDIT: Replace the asterisks with the word sh*t, profanity filter won't let me put it in

the games sh*t or the last gen version looks sh*t

edit nvm :L

gizmo wrote: »
    If the game is a success hopefully we'll see future iterations be next-gen only using the Snowdrop engine.

Honestly, I know they're going to sequel the sh!t out of this game but I'd love to see them just re-use many of the assets like Chicago and the engine in some completely different games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

wow. looks awful, looks like a launch title for xbox 360. Textures are shocking. Doesnt look much more than a PS2 game

Advertisement