Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Honestly at this point I think people are just trying to make up criticisms of the game for reasons I continue to struggle to understand. I had a thirty second look at that stream and it seems to look and play just fine, and this is obvious despite the ****ty video compression and last gen hardware.

Y'all need to hook up your PS2s again to see what things actually looked like back in those heady days of 2003 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

im looking at gta 3 footage on ps2, and i genuinely cant see much difference between it and that watchdogs xbox 360 stream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vx-NzEM3Og

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Honestly at this point I think people are just trying to make up criticisms of the game for reasons I continue to struggle to understand. I had a thirty second look at that stream and it seems to look and play just fine, and this is obvious despite the ****ty video compression and last gen hardware.

Wait till it comes out on Wii U since then it'll be combining finding excuses to criticise this with finding excuses to criticise Nintendo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

im looking at gta 3 footage on ps2, and i genuinely cant see much difference between it and that watchdogs xbox 360 stream.

Ah here now!!!

From the parts that I have seen, it seems to be pretty much on par with GTAV. Hard to tell via a stream, but it certainly does not look like a PS2 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

you might need to see an optician :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Had a look at the stream for a few minutes and it looked very drab. Blocky buildings and drab textures. Thought it looked much better on the next gen videos. Still, it must have took some magic to get the game to run on a 360. PC gamers are expected to have 6GB minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

what if your man has a sh1te video capture card its going to make the best game like like sh2te

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

C14N wrote: »
    Honestly, I know they're going to sequel the sh!t out of this game but I'd love to see them just re-use many of the assets like Chicago and the engine in some completely different games.
    I'd be surprised if the engine is used in another title unless it's another cross platform one. Snowdrop, which is powering The Division, is being touted as their main next-gen engine while Disrupt, the Watch_Dogs engine, is built mainly from the Scimitar/Anvil/AnvilNext family (as was used for the Assassins Creed and Prince of Persia games) and Dunia, which powered FarCry 2 and 3.

As for future sequels, sales permitting this is being pushed as their next big franchise, hence the big marketing push, retailer advertisements, collectors editions etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

>tires screech on grass

>use focus to hack faster

>driving and physics are bad

>police cars crash into each other

>helicopters on-scene 5 seconds after committing a crime

>protagonist's voice is edgiest of the edges

>trains stop if you park in front of them (and nobody cares)

5 years development, guys

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

A fella is on with Tubridy talking about Watch Dogs :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

K64twpG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Ah here, I'm calling shenanigans on this nonsense. Either you're just trying to make people mad or you're literally blind and can only perceive how things look based on touch.

C14N wrote: »
    Ah here, I'm calling shenanigans on this nonsense. Either you're just trying to make people mad or you're literally blind and can only perceive how things look based on touch.

ok. I'm not allowed an opinion now. :confused:

sheehy83 wrote: »
    A fella is on with Tubridy talking about Watch Dogs :pac:

The was from theeffect.net, Irish site about Gaming, Gadgets, TV, etc. Checked it out and looks good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You are allowed have an opinion, but there's a difference between that and being factually incorrect :)

Sorry for going off topic but honestly this image showing how Kaizer Soze looks exactly like Sephiroth is much better than saying Watch Dogs looks like a PS2 game.

bitch-slap-keyser-soze.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

>tires screech on grass

>use focus to hack faster

>driving and physics are bad

>police cars crash into each other

>helicopters on-scene 5 seconds after committing a crime

>protagonist's voice is edgiest of the edges

>trains stop if you park in front of them (and nobody cares)

5 years development, guys

And another 5 days till anybody even gets to play it. This trend of throwing negative comments around about the game is getting tiresome. Wait till you play it ffs before you start throwing it off a cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

There is a guy streaming it on PS live now it looks great,I pre ordered mine from the ps us store yesterday can't wait.

There is a guy streaming it on PS live now it looks great,I pre ordered mine from the ps us store yesterday can't wait.

Do you have a twitch link for that?

So we can now judge graphics based on a compressed to hell video. As for comparing it to GTA on the PS2, well that's just nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think IGN Are streaming it today?

DarkJager wrote: »
    And another 5 days till anybody even gets to play it. This trend of throwing negative comments around about the game is getting tiresome. Wait till you play it ffs before you start throwing it off a cliff.

You think you need to play a game to see how all the things I posted are bad? How are you supposed to make informed purchases if you need to play it in order to know if it's good? I ain't saying I know the game in-side and out, but it's clear the physics and driving are bad and it's one of those too big to fail games with stupidly high budget.

Ah, why is there bullet time? I thought it was supposed to be difficult and you overcome odds with strategy and hacking, not with your enhanced super soldier genes.

You think you need to play a game to see how all the things I posted are bad? How are you supposed to make informed purchases if you need to play it in order to know if it's good? I ain't saying I know the game in-side and out, but it's clear the physics and driving are bad and it's one of those too big to fail games with stupidly high budget.

Ah, why is there bullet time? I thought it was supposed to be difficult and you overcome odds with strategy and hacking, not with your enhanced super soldier genes.

Basing your opinion on a video is a little unfair. You could easily watch a video for the recent Thief and say that it was full of bullet time and easy as hell but all that could be turned off in-game and you could make it as hard or easy as you wanted.

I wouldn't take anything from what you posted seeing as it's hearsay and you haven't played the game yet. Physics and driving looked absolutely fine to me from any footage I've seen.

On the subject of bullet time - I don't see a problem with that either. It's a mechanic that can add a nice touch to the action when you're outgunned and when it's implemented right. I'd rather have that as an aid in large scale gunfights than watching him die over and over again while fiddling with his phone.

I wouldn't take anything from what you posted seeing as it's hearsay

All fact, actually.

http://goodgame.ru/player4?20071

From this stream (don't know if there's an archive).

>tires screech on grass: Fact, can be seen and heard from this stream.

>use focus to hack faster: Actual feature of the game

>driving and physics are bad: Can tell very quickly it's basic arcade driving with very little physics or depth to it. GTAV, basically.

>police cars crash into each other: Fact, shown in the stream. So the police A.I isn't very good.

>helicopters on-scene 5 seconds after committing a crime: Fact, after slaughtering a train-car full of people, helicopters were in proximity and shown on map extremely quickly.

>trains stop if you park in front of them (and nobody cares): Fact, it happened on the stream - he was supposed to hack it or something but he gave up and just parked his car right on the tracks... train slowed and eventually paused right on the tracks. He even went on and off the tracks making it start and stop over and over. He then got on the train and none of the civillians cared - the train operator was happy as a clown just sitting there looking at a car on the tracks, too.

You were saying?

On the subject of bullet time - I don't see a problem with that either. It's a mechanic that can add a nice touch to the action when you're outgunned and when it's implemented right. I'd rather have that as an aid in large scale gunfights than watching him die over and over again while fiddling with his phone.

This is subjective, I guess. I personally don't like anything that makes the game too easy. I'd rather have to be smart and set up the situation to be in favour of me (via hacking etc). I think you should definitely die while fiddling with your phone if you're up against even a small team of armed men with no plan of action. If you can win directly in a fight with dozens of highly trained police/swat/whatever then hacking and strategy becomes and OPTION. I've experienced it in Assassin's Creed and it's no good. I can take on 100s of people in that game with my bare hands, for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Sorry for going off topic but honestly this image showing how Kaizer Soze looks exactly like Sephiroth is much better than saying Watch Dogs looks like a PS2 game.

https://wherebadmovieslive.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/bitch-slap-keyser-soze.jpg

dude

spoiler alert!

not everyone knows that
    Sephiroth is Kaizer Soze all the time, and cloud is made up from the board and the cup!

All fact, actually.

http://goodgame.ru/player4?20071

From this stream (don't know if there's an archive).

>tires screech on grass: Fact, can be seen and heard from this stream.

>use focus to hack faster: Actual feature of the game

>driving and physics are bad: Can tell very quickly it's basic arcade driving with very little physics or depth to it. GTAV, basically.

>police cars crash into each other: Fact, shown in the stream. So the police A.I isn't very good.

>helicopters on-scene 5 seconds after committing a crime: Fact, after slaughtering a train-car full of people, helicopters were in proximity and shown on map extremely quickly.

>trains stop if you park in front of them (and nobody cares): Fact, it happened on the stream - he was supposed to hack it or something but he gave up and just parked his car right on the tracks... train slowed and eventually paused right on the tracks. He even went on and off the tracks making it start and stop over and over. He then got on the train and none of the civillians cared - the train operator was happy as a clown just sitting there looking at a car on the tracks, too.

You were saying?

As I was saying, you haven't played it yet. You watched a stream and decided to nit-pick these things out if it so you could further the negative opinions you have of the game before it's even released. Police helicopters showed up instantly after he murdered a train car full of people? I would ****ing hope so. Did the player stop any civilians calling the police to prevent that happening?

It's pointless carrying on this argument with you as you've clearly got a gripe with this game before you even play it.

people getting so mad at any criticism of this game. Theyve either pre-ordered and cant cancel, or else were justifying their buying a next gen console on the hype of this game. Splinter cell on the xbox 360 looks a more interesting game than this.

people getting so mad at any criticism of this game. Theyve either pre-ordered and cant cancel, or else were justifying their buying a next gen console on the hype of this game. Splinter cell on the xbox 360 looks a more interesting game than this.

No one is mad, merely finding it difficult to understand why it is so many people are willing this to fail. You cannot watch a compressed to hell video and then slate the game. It's like reading the blurb on a book and writing it off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

Do you have a twitch link for that?

No I was just watching on the ps4 dashboard he had almost 960 viewers! I didn't watch much cos I don't want to spoil it it looked good though.

Advertisement