Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

cloud493 wrote: »
    Argos might do €62, they're usually a couple of quid cheaper.

great if anybody happens to be in tesco and picks it up on release day early morning can you report the price sorta like a price roundup before I head out later in the day for it

im hoping it wont be out of stock if worst comes to the worst will just have to buy from the PSN

just checked argos is still selling AC4 for 67 which is a UBI game so I guess they will go with 70 on release day aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

biggebruv wrote: »
    70yoyos ****e I wanna play it so guess im gonna have to fork it over:o:(:D

70 euro seems to be accepted by many so I wouldn't blame shops for charging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Watch Dogs finally up for preorder on EU PS4 PSN. 70 quid for regular edition and 25 gb install. Forgot to see if you can preload early but doubt it.

Also, only review you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

i ordered mine from videogameplus for 46 just hope it doesnt take too long, ah well might get prestige 7 on ghost while im waiting
    looking forward to it tbh, i liked the open world on gtav but got rid when i got the xbox one, this will be a welcome change to getting shot from a wookie in a bush with thermal scope

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

i ordered mine from videogameplus for 46 just hope it doesnt take too long, ah well might get prestige 7 on ghost while im waiting
    looking forward to it tbh, i liked the open world on gtav but got rid when i got the xbox one, this will be a welcome change to getting shot from a wookie in a bush with thermal scope

It'll take about 2 wks to come in my experience dealing with them,that's a very good price though.

• Advertisement

It'll take about 2 wks to come in my experience dealing with them,that's a very good price though.

i put it up in bargain alerts for anyone not in a hurry, i just got comments telling customs were going to kill us all ect, cant help some people.
    watched a clip of game play on ps4, the petrol tanks in the garage exploding looked quite good, and the rain was a nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

sheehy83 wrote: »
    and 25 gb install.

Cant believe its only 25gb when most next gen games are around 50gb

Also, Ign did a 5 ish hours live steam last night on the ps4, have to say the motorbike driving looked very wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Didn't die as such,it just wont keep the cds in,keeps ejecting it :mad:
    Penn wrote: »
    Mine does that every few weeks. Plugging it out completely for a few hours usually fixes it. Read somewhere that it's a slightly loose screw that's easy enough to fix, but until it starts becoming a bigger problem, I'm leaving it alone for now.

I had that issue, but seems to be fixed now. Had to start PS4 in safe mode - hold down power button (about 8 seconds) til it beeps. Then select Rebuild Database and then Restore Default Settings. Customer service was good about it (though I was on hold initially for a while).

Looking forward to Watch Dogs; shame about reviews being embargoed until day of release, but hoping it's just a case of the game not being sent out until as late as possible and Ubisoft wanting to make sure that reviewers get time with it (a tricky balance) rather than something more sinister.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I had that issue, but seems to be fixed now. Had to start PS4 in safe mode - hold down power button (about 8 seconds) til it beeps. Then select Rebuild Database and then Restore Default Settings. Customer service was good about it (though I was on hold initially for a while).

That's not a factory reset or anything? I won't lose game data etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

anyone know when / if pre-loading may be available on Steam?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Steam usually allow you to pre-load a few days before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Cant believe its only 25gb when most next gen games are around 50gb

When did the size of a game factor in to how good a game it is? :confused:

Is it going to be story mode for a while first like gtav or will online play be up from the start ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Didn't they do that with CoD Ghosts, locked the game from launching if it detected you didn't have 6GB of RAM? And the game only every used 2GBs >_> So someone modded it to allow <6GB ram users to bypass their dumb shyte

What is it with the extremely inflated minimum and recommended specs these days? I think it's marketing crap, to be honest. Like oohhh look, you need all this power to run a truely nex-jennifer game - and it turns out it can still run on entry-level rigs.

Can't wait to see the benchmarks on this game. I'm guessing their recommended i7 will give no performance boost compared to a regular ole i3.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    When did the size of a game factor in to how good a game it is? :confused:

Id like to see them use the disk space, more content is always appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

V0al4eF.png
    360 graphics confirmed based on a planned ps2 release

http://i.imgur.com/PaQVWpP.png
    Uber pwned

geJR6lg.jpg
    :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    More content is always appreciated

Nope, far from always, especially when that content is meaningless filler or repetition that adds nothing to the game whatsoever. Given that Assassins Creed tends to be the worst series in that regard, hopefully Ubisoft have learned a lesson and haven't loaded Watch_Dogs with a ****load of identikit missions. Sadly, I'd expect that they have, although hopefully an improvement over AC levels of filler. Concision is a disgracefully neglected trait when it comes to gaming: unless the content is meaningful, it's rarely adds anything to the game other than lazily bumping up the running time to achieve some sort of box-ticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

im sure ill have a damm good time playing this game will it be perfect NOPE!!
    what game is:confused:

will it get repetitive Im thinking YEAH every game gets repetitive after so many times playing it IMO

people have built up way to many unrelistic expectations for this one game but surely the fact its a cross gen title should have been your first clue it cannot and wont be a fully next gen game.

I only recently got excited for the game somewhere around feb or march before I guess it was too far away for me to get hyped up and treat it like its the second coming of christ LOL which I think is where people have a problem now they reliase its not gonna be but that does not mean its a game to Avoid FFS

also what is up with gamers in all the comments and boards (NOT OUR BOARDS.IE lol)nitpicking about resolutions and FPS for every single game yeah its good to have 60FPS but if its not there I can still enjoy the game without it

****load of identikit missions

To be fair , i meant to say like more variety cars, guns, in game music, side games, stuff like that, rather than extra missions that are repetitive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Has anybody who pre ordered with Amazon have their order dispatched yet ?. Have read on reddit that GAME have dispatched orders since yesterday seeing as its a bank holiday in the UK. I pre ordered South Park from Amazon and it wasn't dispatched until the day before release .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Just getting some amazon PS $ credit. 58 euro for the gold edition and predownload :D. happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Has anybody who pre ordered with Amazon have their order dispatched yet ?. Have read on reddit that GAME have dispatched orders since yesterday seeing as its a bank holiday in the UK. I pre ordered South Park from Amazon and it wasn't dispatched until the day before release .

Nope mine hasen't dispatched yet.. bank been charged tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

To buy or not to buy?!

Pros
    • First open sandbox game with vehicles on PS4
    • Looks great
    • Hacking adds new elements to gameplay
    • Multi-player looks interesting
    • Lots of vehicles to drive
    • Story seems interesting

Cons
    • No reviews until after game will be delivered if ordered today
    • Delay on the game has to be seen as a bad thing

Feck it I think I'll have to preorder!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You don't need to preorder. There'll be plenty of copies available on the day. Just have to wait until about noon when all the reviews are in. You could be saving €50 just by not rushing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

INEEDANID wrote: »
    To buy or not to buy?!

Pros
    • First open sandbox game with vehicles on PS4
    • Looks great
    • Hacking adds new elements to gameplay
    • Multi-player looks interesting
    • Lots of vehicles to drive
    • Story seems interesting

Cons
    • No reviews until after game will be delivered if ordered today
    • Delay on the game has to be seen as a bad thing

Feck it I think I'll have to preorder!

Not necessarily. You could see it as Ubisoft deciding not to rush out a half baked product and taking time to get it right.

humanji wrote: »
    You don't need to preorder. There'll be plenty of copies available on the day. Just have to wait until about noon when all the reviews are in. You could be saving €50 just by not rushing in.

I'm going order get it on Amazon so I have it early on in the week.
    Not necessarily. You could see it as Ubisoft deciding not to rush out a half baked product and taking time to get it right.

Thats true, Assassins Creed is decent.

Ubisoft have a good record with games from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

INEEDANID wrote: »
    I'm going order get it on Amazon so I have it early on in the week.

Thats true, Assassins Creed is decent.

Ubisoft have a good record with games from what I can see.

Don't mention AC3. I'm trying to block that memory out of my life.

Don't mention AC3. I'm trying to block that memory out of my life.

Didn't play it :)

Good games though like

Trials
    Far Cry
    AC4
    I Am Alive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Apparently the game is available to download on PC at the usual torrent sites, 13.8gb. People have been leaking screenshots and pictures of the game and I think we can safely say it won't look like the game at E3 2012 or 2013. Such a shame, really.

All we can do is continue to ridicule and blame console owners during these times. :P

Xbox 360 image, apparently - lol, looks like GTA San Andreas:
    FSNAecQ.jpg

PC screenshot with poor draw distance and washed out textures and lighting:
    w9ARAii.jpg

(Presumably PC) screenshot from E3 2012:
    Watch_Dogs_Accident.jpg

Maybe Watch_Dogs 2 will be 'next gen' only and actually look like Watch_Dogs of E3 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Those have got to be from the Betas. The first one looks like a completely different game. If they really do release the game looking like that it'll destroy any credibility their games have gotten before.

Advertisement