Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

humanji wrote: »
    Those have got to be from the Betas. The first one looks like a completely different game. If they really do release the game looking like that it'll destroy any credibility their games have gotten before.

Check these out: http://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/26ak2r/watch_dogs_pc_screenshots_ultra_settings/

Kinda disappointed now... :(

1080p PC video:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

humanji wrote: »
    Those have got to be from the Betas. The first one looks like a completely different game. If they really do release the game looking like that it'll destroy any credibility their games have gotten before.

I don't think the middle shot looks too bad.

The Xbox 360 version looks awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Any idea when the pre Down load starts for ps4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Soby wrote: »

I thought i red the other day that pre loading wont be available on PS4 until Destiny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

i am starting to wonder now if anyone has actually ever played or seen gta san andreas and vice city considering people are comparing the screens to those games

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    i am starting to wonder now if anyone has actually ever played or seen gta san andreas and vice city considering people are comparing the screens to those games

I was joking! :D Even still, it does look like an old GTA game on Xbox 360 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I think it looks well. It's not mind blowingly, jaw droppingly beautiful, but then very few games ever are when they get to release. My main concerns are that gameplay and plot live up to my expectations. If this game isn't a ton of fun, I will be very disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Soby wrote: »
    They aren't doing a preload unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

It'll take about 2 wks to come in my experience dealing with them,that's a very good price though.

just got an email to say its shipped

Poo :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Can anyone remember the initial alan wake trailers and promises. Nothing at all like it's e3 videos or what remedy told us we were getting.

Turned out to be a solid enough game in the end

recyclops wrote: »
    Can anyone remember the initial alan wake trailers and promises. Nothing at all like it's e3 videos or what remedy told us we were getting.

Turned out to be a solid enough game in the end

That is entirely different. Alan Wake changed conceptually. It was going to be an open-world game, but Remedy decided to make it more linear. Also, if you look at the PC port, it is probably one of the greatest examples of how to port a game to PC. It looks nothing like the Xbox 360 version. In fact, considering Alan Wake came out in 2012 on PC, arguably there are parts of it that look better than Watch_Dogs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

just got an email to say its shipped

:eek:

Did you use first class with parcel motel?

Bought this off US store so what time will this start to D/L so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

After all the console leaks, the PC version finally got leaked too. There seems to be some images and webms floating around trying to demonstrate the graphical quality on Ultra settings.

PC settings

http://i.imgur.com/dfeFhgJ.jpg

That's Ultra settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Tons of streams popped up on twitch, suddenly

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was gonna say wouldn't a day one patch be needed, but then maybe they ironed out all the big bugs since they had already delayed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

After all the console leaks, the PC version finally got leaked too. There seems to be some images and webms floating around trying to demonstrate the graphical quality on Ultra settings.

PC settings

http://i.imgur.com/dfeFhgJ.jpg

That's Ultra settings.
    Well..that's that.

Won't be buying this for its graphics.....

Looks like vanilla skyrim xD

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I still don't think it looks too bad. Not as good as we were led to believe it would, but hardly poor. So long as the gameplay is up to scratch I'd be happy enough based on what I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Oh my gosh that looks so bad they should just burn every copy of the game :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Penn wrote: »
    I still don't think it looks too bad. Not as good as we were led to believe it would, but hardly poor. So long as the gameplay is up to scratch I'd be happy enough based on what I've seen.

Same, but from the driving and bike mechanics it looks terrible. The driving is what killed Saints Row 3 and 4 for me while it was fine in 2. Same with GTAV but I got used to the acrady feel, GTAIV felt great and you could feel the "weight" of the car and bikes on the road.

For a game that was delayed so much they could have polished that part of it up seeing as you will be driving alot in the game and it's clear as day to everyone that the bikes look like they are floating along and don't look like they are interacting with the road.

I just want a game to play well and feel finished, if it has the looks to match that's a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Same, but from the driving and bike mechanics it looks terrible. The driving is what killed Saints Row 3 and 4 for me while it was fine in 2. Same with GTAV but I got used to the acrady feel, GTAIV felt great and you could feel the "weight" of the car and bikes on the road.

For a game that was delayed so much they could have polished that part of it up seeing as you will be driving alot in the game and it's clear as day to everyone that the bikes look like they are floating along and don't look like they are interacting with the road.

I just want a game to play well and feel finished, if it has the looks to match that's a bonus.

They probably want people to get used to driving quickly, as it is not what they want people focusing on. They would like people to focus on the hacking and the using the city as a weapon. It's not really supposed to be a car game, it's just going to have them in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They probably want people to get used to driving quickly, as it is not what they want people focusing on. They would like people to focus on the hacking and the using the city as a weapon. It's not really supposed to be a car game, it's just going to have them in it.

It's not a car game but driving is a big part of it for getting from A to B. All they have to do is make it look and feel decent. GTA3 from 2001 makes a better attempt at that, not looking for Forza or GT handling here just something better than what they have which looks half arsed for a AAA game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Graphics aren't even close to the early footage, but if it's still a good game I won't mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

A 'friend' of mine has been playing this early. No idea how. He reckons the game is absolutely great though, lots and lots to do with nothing tedious or tacked on. Graphics take a bit of tweaking but once that's sorted, the game is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

A "friend" has been playing it

1 driving terrible cars are unrealistic crashes are worse

2 character handling is awkward controls not great

3 graphics a let down

4 buy true crime for PS2 instead very similar to it

They really portrayed this game for something its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Strange, did he not think much of the hacking puzzles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

anybody seen any user reviews from the players who have this now?

dont wanna venture into forums elsewhere incase of spoilers and the youtube comments are a big no no from here on out LOL

I actually cant wait for this game to come out so we can all move on from it HAHA

everyweek it seems by buddies get into a disagreement about this game LOL

im also looking forward to playing it theres a draft now on my PS4 I think UBIs decision to delay the game is perfect theres noting else major out now for the summer meaning peops will be even more likely to pick it up

• Advertisement

for anyone whos looking for side by side footage just thought would share

E3 2012 FOOTAGE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7WGAJPRRw

USER UPLOADED PC ULTRA FOOTAGE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vym4JI6wEw

just watched both of these side by side they look exactly the same to me:confused:

Advertisement