Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

biggebruv wrote: »
    for anyone whos looking for side by side footage just thought would share

E3 2012 FOOTAGE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7WGAJPRRw

USER UPLOADED PC ULTRA FOOTAGE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vym4JI6wEw

just watched both of these side by side they look exactly the same to me:confused:

It's the same video and that is not running on a 780. The description for the video is false, it is just the same video as the E3 2012 with a bit of editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Not a bad video of Ps4 gameplay http://youtu.be/6dqZG0u0-Is

Looks fairly good in some situations some not as much as i would of liked it to be.

Have to say from this video and im hoping its just the video but the driving looks awful. It actually looks like the cars lag if thats even possible ?

Also from watching it it seems like there is way to much going on at times with all the hacking options popping up all over the place.

Looks like could be very easy to mess up choices and missions until your one hundred percent used to it.

Looking forward to when its officially released and we once and for all can have a proper judgement on this game because it would be a real shame considering how amazing it looked early on if this flopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Does twitch do private invite only streaming? Does any streaming service? Because, you know, splinter cell blacklist and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Grrrrr at the person on my PSN friends list playing this right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

So I watched thay ps video decided that the game is for me and ordered on amazon. 3 mins later a dispatch email and delivery on the tues (prob wed I used parcel motel) 55 in total so not too bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Yogosan

I'm hoping this game keeps me going for the next few months. Theres a bit of a drought on PS4 in terms of new releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just cancelled my pre-order. Didn't want to take the chance that it would turn out crap !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yogosan wrote: »
    I'm hoping this game keeps me going for the next few months. Theres a bit of a drought on PS4 in terms of new releases.

Every Summer is like that for all platforms though not just PS4. May is usually the last decent month for games and then nothing till September. Always been the way for as long as I can remember.

Ace Combat Infinity on the PS3 and picking up a WiiU just after E3 to catch up on all the Wii and WiiU games I've missed out on will keep me going till Drive Club in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1675/

Mods to fix the washed out daytime colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

So, I had this preordered on the PS store for my PS4. After watching some of the streams, I cancelled last night. Picked up Wolfenstein today, turned on the PS4, popped in the drive and next thing it informs me that it's downloading Watchdogs. I've email confirmation of the cancelation. What to do? I can't see myself not being billed.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Quick question for everyone Gamestop were doing deal must be year and a half ago trade 2 certain games off a list and pay a tenner to get watchdogs. If the price has gone up on the game what's the chances they'll be looking for more money, wouldn't I be in a contract for the game? I bet we all remember xtravision pulling there stunt saying you have to buy a game with Xbox one.If they try anything think I'll take price of the game and put it towards Destiny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Quick question for everyone Gamestop were doing deal must be year and a half ago trade 2 certain games off a list and pay a tenner to get watchdogs. If the price has gone up on the game what's the chances they'll be looking for more money, wouldn't I be in a contract for the game? I bet we all remember xtravision pulling there stunt saying you have to buy a game with Xbox one.If they try anything think I'll take price of the game and put it towards Destiny

If you've traded the games in already and paid, with a receipt, then your fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Every Summer is like that for all platforms though not just PS4. May is usually the last decent month for games and then nothing till September. Always been the way for as long as I can remember.

Ace Combat Infinity on the PS3 and picking up a WiiU just after E3 to catch up on all the Wii and WiiU games I've missed out on will keep me going till Drive Club in October.

last june was great for us ps3 folks we got last of us:D

biggebruv wrote: »
    last june was great for us ps3 folks we got last of us:D

True that. I got it on release and only finished it Thursday night.:o
    Once I got used to the controls, great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Played it for an hour on PC. Looks good. Plays o.k.

Its pretty "meh" so far but I guess I've really just scratched the surface of what the game has to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So, I had this preordered on the PS store for my PS4. After watching some of the streams, I cancelled last night. Picked up Wolfenstein today, turned on the PS4, popped in the drive and next thing it informs me that it's downloading Watchdogs. I've email confirmation of the cancelation. What to do? I can't see myself not being billed.:confused:
    How are you downloading already ?

Soby wrote: »
    How are you downloading already ?

It's a new feature on the PS4 called pre loading, the whole game downloads ahead of time but remains locked on the system. So on release day it downloads a final small activation file and will play straight away. Like steam on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It's a new feature on the PS4 called pre loading, the whole game downloads ahead of time but remains locked on the system. So on release day it downloads a final small activation file and will play straight away. Like steam on the PC.

You cannot do it with Watch_Dogs though, Destiny will be the first game that allows pre loading.

http://ebm.email.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/c/tag/hBTgNAZB8y-RzB86RLAAAWQ4RO7/doc.html?t_params=

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

True that. I got it on release and only finished it Thursday night.:o
    Once I got used to the controls, great game.

It took you a year to finish the last of us? :confused:

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    You cannot do it with Watch_Dogs though, Destiny will be the first game that allows pre loading.

http://ebm.email.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/c/tag/hBTgNAZB8y-RzB86RLAAAWQ4RO7/doc.html?t_params=

That's what I thought. I preordered a few days ago, cancelled yesterday and today it starts downloading. The bonus packs had installed and the main file was downloading so I cancelled it. Priority was the Wolfenstein patch - which is taking forever. It's not in my library, so I'm guessing that's that. Odd though.

I did try and force a download yesterday by going into some of the menus, but it was giving my an error message. It was only then I found out about Destiny.

those that its downloading for ?. US account or ?

Soby wrote: »
    those that its downloading for ?. US account or ?

Irish.

Irish.

Jesus maybe sony felt sorry for ya . How much that set ya back ? :eek:

Watch_Dogs – Hidden ‘DeferredFXQuality’ Option Found
    Ah, you gotta love Guru3D‘s members. Watch_Dogs isn’t officially out yet and those guys have already delved into the hidden options that are being supported in the PC version. According to Extraordinary, PC gamers should set the ‘DeferredFXQuality’ option (located in Docs > My Games > Watchdogs > xxxx > GamerProfile.xml) from console to PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

But...
    According to various reports, there are no meaningful differences between the console and the pc setting. In short, a placebo effect.
    The article doesn't seem particularly clear on that one.

Regardless, those screenshots look pretty damn awesome. Should be interesting to see what kind of rig is needed for 4K downscaling at reasonable frame rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That Low - Ultra comparison video shocked me. There is a difference, but its quite small. Youtube compession...obviously...but even still......you would expect to see a bigger difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just got a text off my brother there saying he was playing the leaked version for the pc and it looks class. Said when u disable console mode its better. Ill have a look when im up tomorrow see what he means.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lads, what's the consensus from what has been available to see on the PS3 and Xbox 360 editions of the game so far? I don't really want to go looking for videos on YouTube etc at the risk of seeing spoilers.

I was all up for purchasing this on release day and would have the choice of getting it on either of the aforementioned consoles, but I've heard that the graphics aren't up to much on the non-next gen consoles?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

If you're playing a game on a console, you've already acknowledged a willingness to compromise on graphics. Don't pretend the graphics are suddenly a dealbreaker. Just enjoy the game. Or don't.

Advertisement