Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I can't fathom the notion that graphics would be the primary driver behind someone's decision to buy, or as the case may be, not buy a game. So strange to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Prediction: scores will be middling

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yep. 68-74 on Metacritic. Calling it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

WD_zps0a78f802.jpg

Preloaded, looking for a licence though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No discussion or mention of pirated copies, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kudros

The driving is pretty "Meh"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

bikes are fun to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Would any of you that hace it recommend buying it? Or is it a wait for price to drop game?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sand wrote: »
    If you're playing a game on a console, you've already acknowledged a willingness to compromise on graphics. Don't pretend the graphics are suddenly a dealbreaker. Just enjoy the game. Or don't.
    I can't fathom the notion that graphics would be the primary driver behind someone's decision to buy, or as the case may be, not buy a game. So strange to me.

Maybe it wouldn't for you, but if the game is graphically poor it would certainly take something away from the enjoyment of the game for me. Spending north of €50 if the game looks terrible is not something that appeals to me.

****ing hell, I only came in to ask what the graphics are actually like from those that have played the game or seen live streams on said consoles. Thanks very much for your extremely helpful posts :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Paully D wrote: »
    Lads, what's the consensus from what has been available to see on the PS3 and Xbox 360 editions of the game so far? I don't really want to go looking for videos on YouTube etc at the risk of seeing spoilers.

I was all up for purchasing this on release day and would have the choice of getting it on either of the aforementioned consoles, but I've heard that the graphics aren't up to much on the non-next gen consoles?

Thanks.

The graphics look crap compared to what was shown at E3.

If you show a beautiful looking game at E3 and then a year later release an ugly version, then people will be disappointed and won't buy it, and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If you show a beautiful looking game at E3 and then a year later release an ugly version, then people will be disappointed and won't buy it, and rightly so.

Thanks mate. I was pointed in the direction of the below which shows 20 second clips of the same piece of gameplay on all four consoles:

http://wccftech.com/watch-dogs-ps4-xbox-ps3-xbox-360-headtohead-gif-comparison-differences-visible/

I know it's a very, very small representation, but from the above the difference graphically between the game even on next-gen and last-gen consoles seems pretty negligible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Exactly, they set the expectations themselves and the complaints are justifiable if they can't deliver what was shown and advertised

Thanks mate. I was pointed in the direction of the below which shows 20 second clips of the same piece of gameplay on all four consoles:

http://wccftech.com/watch-dogs-ps4-xbox-ps3-xbox-360-headtohead-gif-comparison-differences-visible/

I know it's a very, very small representation, but from the above the difference graphically between the game even on next-gen and last-gen consoles seems pretty negligible.

I remember staying up late last year and seeing Watchdogs and was blown away by it. It's very disappointing what has actually been released. Anyone who says graphics don't matter in big releases like Watchdogs is talking out of their arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

:pac:

I can't see Watch dogs being an 'Innovation in gameplay'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anyone who says graphics don't matter in big releases like Watchdogs is talking out of their arse.

Nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Disappointing graphics are disappointing. Wouldn't put me off a good game, but I'll admit if I'm disappointed in the graphics and not feel like a fool for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Not rightly so, there's a very big difference between being disappointed the game doesn't look as good visually as it did during the initial reveal and explicitly not buying it for this reason.

Also, are we really living in a world where this and this are regarded as ugly?

gizmo wrote: »
    Not rightly so, there's a very big difference between being disappointed the game doesn't look as good visually as it did during the initial reveal and explicitly not buying it for this reason.

Also, are we really living in a world where this and this are regarded as ugly?

Not ugly if you're playing on PS3/360

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Can't wIt see some the reviews.. If it very bad I won't get it.. Get Wolfenstein instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Is it worth getting a PS4 for this, or just sticking with a PS3?
    I don't want the Xbox version, I'd prefer the PC, but I will get a new one when I have time. Desktop, not laptop.

brady12 wrote: »
    Can't wIt see some the reviews.. If it very bad I won't get it.. Get Wolfenstein instead

Yeah. Probably best getting wolfenstein and GTA v if you don't already have it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Pre ordered last Monday. Lets see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The PS4 version will have a day one patch, it will be just 90mb and only has matchmaking and AI improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Not that i'd know ;) But it runs meh on a 780, about 40fps avg going down in busy areas. RAM impact is tiny like 5GB total usage on the whole system while playing. CPU(3770k @4.2) usage is at about 50% which is fine.

We need to wait on the day one patch and the update Nvidia/AMD drivers though before commenting on anything just yet.

****ing hell, I only came in to ask what the graphics are actually like from those that have played the game or seen live streams on said consoles. Thanks very much for your extremely helpful posts :rolleyes:

I don't know why you quoted me for this.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    :pac:

I can't see Watch dogs being an 'Innovation in gameplay'.

Well then why be excited about it at all? If the gameplay is bland then graphics won't save it. Might as well watch a movie.

I have yet to see anything innovative

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Maybe it wouldn't for you, but if the game is graphically poor it would certainly take something away from the enjoyment of the game for me. Spending north of €50 if the game looks terrible is not something that appeals to me.

I wasn't having a go at you. But Watchdogs in particular has several OTT reactions to a presumed decline in graphical quality. You were going to and have got several "Worst. Graphics. Ever!" style responses already which are of no use to you.

You should review the trailers and screenshots yourself and see if the game offends your eyes. If it doesn't, and you like the look of the gameplay, buy it and enjoy it.

I would despair of humanity if people seriously believe this game is too ugly for them to play on a console. Seriously, people playing games on consoles shouldn't suddenly get precious about graphics not being bleeding edge - if you want *truly* cutting edge graphics, buy a PC. Otherwise, just get on with it.

• Advertisement

Man's. A. GTA V. Poor.

Rearrange these words to generate your very own watch dogs coverage

Advertisement