Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

"Goat's man vapor", clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

After watching a few streams and youtube videos from the ps4 I'm looking forward to it. Driving looks a little weird but I'm sure it'll be easy to get used too.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anyone have a list of prices that the different shops are selling the ps4 version for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

COYVB wrote: »
    Man's. A. GTA V. Poor.

Rearrange these words to generate your very own watch dogs coverage
    Hardly poor if people are shelling out 70 euro for it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

e_e wrote: »
    Hardly poor if people are shelling out 70 euro for it. :pac:

Ugh, I HATE anybody who pays that much for a game, ****ing gobshites every single one of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

nix wrote: »
    Ugh, I HATE anybody who pays that much for a game, ****ing gobshites every single one of them

what you talking about, were in the celtic tiger era, now clean my expensive house:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If you don't want to pay €70 for it, then don't. No one is forcing you to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

...but i want it noooow

what-patients-want.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Some PS4 gameplay from a Neogaf user, it is a random mission not a story mission so it will not spoil anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Looks like Driver Parallel Lines with better graphics

• Advertisement

I dont want this game at all, im just annoyed that when a game does come out that i actually do want it will be 70 or higher because idiots have been paying the requested 70 without question/restraint, thus making me wait much longer for the game to be greatly reduce to a sane/reasonable price.

Its ****in stoopid guyz! Wake up!
    cloud493 wrote: »
    If you don't want to pay €70 for it, then don't. No one is forcing you to :)

Hello Mr missing the point

Xenji wrote: »
    Some PS4 gameplay from a Neogaf user, it is a random mission not a story mission so it will not spoil anything.

Is it just me, or do the collision physics go AWOL when the player goes to first person view at 2:20ish? There seems to be no physical reaction to hitting oncoming traffic, just some "sparks" appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I dont want this game at all, im just annoyed that when a game does come out that i actually do want it will be 70 or higher because idiots have been paying the requested 70 without question/restraint, thus making me wait much longer for the game to be greatly reduce to a sane/reasonable price.

A present from me to you.

My service charge fee is only €18.81.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »

I thought that was pretty cool actually, I'm probably the only one lol :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

or trade some games in xtravision
    http://www.xtra-vision.ie/watch-dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Had this pre-ordered for PC a while back as I was really interested in the premise i.e. a hackable city. Didn't really care nor did I pay much attention how it looked or how the looks had changed as I was more interested in how it played.

Saw that it had been leaked early over the weekend so took the chance to try it a couple days before release and see if a) my laptop could run it smoothly and b) it was worth the wait. Played it for a couple hours yesterday and thankfully in my opinion I can answer yes to both of them so looking forward to the official release now!

From what I saw and played it will keep me interested till the end as lots to see and do. Some of the VR mini games are great fun and nice distractions! Also causing traffic accidents never gets old :)
    Only downside is the car handling which I found horrible though surprisingly i found it's better in First-Person (or if your using a bike). Also I didn't like some of the control mappings (I was using a 360 controller) but that something I can hopefully get used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

How about all of us just stop buying games at these prices from now on and we will force these evil game companies from charging us crazy money to enjoy their games.

Like I paid 65 euro for a game last year and have played it for over 800 hours so far. That's like 0.08 cent an hour. How dare they charge those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The prices will drop back down in time. I found the receipt of PDZ and PGR3 from 2005 last week. I payed €65 for PGR and €70 for PDZ at the 360s launch. I never paid more than €50 for a new release 360 game after it's first year on the market and shops stopped selling at those prices. Same will happen for the new generation. You can see the new release price on Amazon have dropped from the £50 new release prices they were at a few months ago to £40-45 now for new releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

God, I remember paying €70 (or was it pounds) for Medal of Honour: Frontline on the PS2!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

PS1 games used to be 45 punts back in the day. New N64 games were around 65 punts and that's close to €100 now. SNES games were expensive buggers back in the early '90s too. Games today are cheaper than ever really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

PS1 games used to be 45 punts back in the day. New N64 games were around 65 punts and that's close to €100 now. SNES games were expensive buggers back in the early '90s too. Games today are cheaper than ever really.

I remember my Mam buying me Prince Of Persia on SNES when it first came out for a birthday of mine, as a single mother she scrimped and saved for it, was 80 punts!

Yeah, was just about to post that I spent 70 punts on Super Street Figther II on the SNES. Got it in Virgin Megastore on Aston Quay and it was worth every penny....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Haha. Here, relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Pre-ordered a few months back and gradually paid it off with Amazon gift cards. So it barely feels like I've paid anything for it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bu bu but I'm not a ****ing gobsh/te :(

Woody-Harrelson-Cries-And-Wipes-Money-In-Zombieland.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

its abit harsh to call anyone who pays 70 for a game a gob****e

I cant understand the notion of people buying ciggies for 10er a pack every week are they all gob****es aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

is this game getting a midnight launch in dublin anywhere??

How about all of us just stop buying games at these prices from now on and we will force these evil game companies from charging us crazy money to enjoy their games.

Like I paid 65 euro for a game last year and have played it for over 800 hours so far. That's like 0.08 cent an hour. How dare they charge those prices.

Nice! What game is that? I'm always on the look out for a good game to last, although hesitant at the current extortionate prices.

Do you think you will get that much out of watch dogs? I don't

I really liked the last of us, i finished it within 24 hours though sadly, although borrowed it from a friend so didnt feel robbed. (Just to be clear, im not saying WD will take this time, but i remember TLOU was pricey also)

Games are getting more expensive (alot more) and I'm finishing them alot quicker (they are ALOT shorter) but you guys are happy to pay more? Yes I'm happy with the gobshites label :rolleyes:

But yes if everybody refuses to pay those crazy prices, they will be forced to normalise their outrageous prices, but you're happy to fork over 70 for a game that wont last pissing time?? :cool:

EDIT:

Yeah but back then there wasnt much online shopping, you could usually buy a game going for 45, 5-10 quid cheaper in another store, i can only recall game being rip off merchants, (now everybody is doing it) and old games lasted ALOT longer than current gen games, sure you had the odd short game, but most gave a worth for their price. And i dont remember paying crazy prices for my N64 games to that extent, they were expensive at first, but they quickly copped themselves on by the time they brought out the Goldeneye bundle, thats when most got their N64's..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The thing is with games now is that if you are willing to wait a few days you can easily get a new console release for about 40-45 Euro if you shop about online, cheaper still for the likes of the PS3 and handhelds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

1. New games have always been expensive, right back to the great Nintendo / Sega wars. In fact, 2014 is probably the best time for gaming prices - online and digital ensures a more competitive space (in which no one 'has' to pay 70 euro, even on day one) and discounts come quick and fast anyway. If you had have told a gamer in 2000 about Steam sales or Playstation Plus, they probably wouldn't have believed you.

2. This is all in spite of the fact that large AAA games have grown exponentially more expensive to create - the cost of buying a game hasn't really risen on the same sort of scale as budget increases. You want bigger worlds, better graphics, more content? It's the people willing to pay premiums that support these blockbusters and help them break even, sadly not those who'll pick them up for a fiver on Steam 18 months after launch.

3. Money is relative. If someone has no qualms paying 70 euro for whatever reason (income, convenience, perceived worth), then that's their call. I'd still highly recommend they buy online rather than pay the high retail prices, but hey...

4. I think I have far more concerns with demands that all games fulfill an arbitrary 'length' or amount of content than with people paying 70 euro on launch day. The former mindset IMO leads to significantly worse games, and that doesn't change six months down the line.

5. You can always wait. No-one's forcing you to buy Watch_Dogs or any game on launch day, or indeed at all. If you want it right now, you will of course pay more than someone looking for a copy this time next year - it's a premium for now, especially since it's a key title for the new console generation (always the most expensive time for buying new games).

6. We can discuss all this without throwing around generalised insults. No need for that at all.

Advertisement