Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

tempting but il wait ha

is any stores doing midnight for this in dublin:confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Branoic wrote: »
    Wait, so all that poster wanted to do was get as much wealth built up as quickly as possible and buy the various guns, gear, vehicles etc, and they did this to such an extent that they skipped the actual missions? They asked what was the point of doing the side missions, but I'd turn that question around and ask them what was the point in NOT doing the side missions? You know, in actually *playing* the game? I don't understand people like that.

They've given someone an open world sandbox game and so they played it that way - it's as legitimate a play style as powering through story and ignoring the world around you :) The real balance in making these sorts of games (imo) is in allowing that "wandering" player to do their thing, but to consistently bring them back to the story without making them feel like you've stuck them on rails. It's an extraordinarily difficult balance to get right.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not sure if this has been posted yet, the first half an hour.

Does that have spoiler do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

its the first 30mins of the game so i would say there are spoilers yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I'm not sure to be honest, the opening cinematic doesn't appear to be too spoilerish, the rest is just gameplay, I think there's a potential spoiler around the 22 minute mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's only really the tutorial level. It explains the main characters motivation, but not much else. You could probably zip past the cinematics to see some of the gameplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

It spoils the first 20 minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I presume all xtravisions doing the trade 2 games and pay 5 quid yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Preloading on Steam now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Well I going to leave the thread now I will be getting the game in gamestop in Limerick at midnight and I will let ye know if it really is as bad as people think either tomorrow or wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Bought a key from g2a.com a few months back for €26 or so, unlocked it at lunchtime through Uplay and spent the last 3 hours or so playing it. Not sure what to make of it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

is gamestop doing a nationwide midnight launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

not watching. Must not watch. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME. STOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note, I'm still confused about the game versions. What's the best to get for everything? Regular game + season pass?
    That comes to 70 bills over steam and I can't imagine it being much cheaper but still hulla expensive..

wtf is dedsec edition? Does the season pass include that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I presume all xtravisions doing the trade 2 games and pay 5 quid yea?

I'd say so, can't see why they wouldn't though I think I saw that it was for tomorrow only :confused: Edit: https://www.facebook.com/Xtravision says tomorrow only for 4.99 and 2 of the games on the list.

Edit : Spotted this on their facebook in one of the comments, the cheeky so and so's
    If trading in 2 old gen games it would be €14.99, an old gen and new Gen €9.99 and 2 new gen would be €4.99

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hear this being described as a poor mans gta 5

No thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Noxin wrote: »
    not watching. Must not watch. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME. STOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note, I'm still confused about the game versions. What's the best to get for everything? Regular game + season pass?
    That comes to 70 bills over steam and I can't imagine it being much cheaper but still hulla expensive..

wtf is dedsec edition? Does the season pass include that?

I'm looking for a link listing the specifics now, but I recall seeing what was in the season pass and I think it included stuff from the various editions , so might not be worth getting any of the other versions.

I know the breakthrough pack that is going with some pre orders is in the season pass which is enough in itself to tell them shove their season pass.

Here we go no way is it worth the extra 20 quid on the face of it http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/29/5665030/watch-dogs-dlc-season-pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Sleeping Dogs (I know the titles aren't linked) was also described as a "poor mans GTA", and it was one of my favourite games of last gen. I'm looking forward to playing this, every stream I've seen so far has left positive impressions on me. Add to that I'm off for the week, have a nice supply of alcohol and smoke, and I'm pretty sure I will play the **** out of this and thoroughly enjoy it :D

DarkJager wrote: »
    Sleeping Dogs (I know the titles aren't linked) was also described as a "poor mans GTA", and it was one of my favourite games of last gen. I'm looking forward to playing this, every stream I've seen so far has left positive impressions on me. Add to that I'm off for the week, have a nice supply of alcohol and smoke, and I'm pretty sure I will play the **** out of this and thoroughly enjoy it :D

I think every open world game is always described as a poor mans GTA lol its become like a parody now

your right sleeping dogs was a great game glad I played it hopfully it gets a second one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Anyone going to be in the cresent see ya there for getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

People going to the launch tonight enjoy, I will be asleep :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

okay, so this gets better after a while. a lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

COYVB wrote: »
    okay, so this gets better after a while. a lot better.

How far in COYVB? I've heard a few opinions that it really comes in to its own after a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

DarkJager wrote: »

Yeah not only was Sleeping Dogs an excellent example of the open world genre, we got to drive on the correct side of the road for once :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Venom wrote: »
    Yeah not only was Sleeping Dogs an excellent example of the open world genre, we got to drive on the correct side of the road for once :)

I'm so used to 'Murica influence that I actually naturally go on the right side in games -_- I'm only getting back to Sleeping Dogs recently (tweaking some options to get rid of the stuttering) and I keep crashing because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

what time does the argos website usually update hoping to reserve a copy

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

biggebruv wrote: »
    what time does the argos website usually update hoping to reserve a copy

It was about 7am for release of the ps4.

It was about 7am for release of the ps4.

cheers will check in morning first thing

now when will the review embargos be lifted probly around 5pm tomorrow I wont give a toss by then be to busy playing not reading about it anymore:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Embargoes up at 0001PST iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Advertisement