Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So I'm guessing there isn't much wanton destruction in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Psn maintaince :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

J. Marston wrote: »

http://a.pomf.se/hjstxl.webm

Guess not

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

J. Marston wrote: »

Since I blew up 3 cars in my first mission you can. There is a way of stopping trains by skill points so could be doing that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

(For anyone who is still awake, playing it)

What's it like? And was it actually 75 quid in Gamestop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭audidiesel

Was waiting to clear wolfenstein first. Just done that though so think I'll download this from psn and have it ready for me in the morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Cliff notes of my review, which is still embargoed for 25 minutes:
    Fails to live up to the major hype it placed on itself. Nowhere near innovative or "revolutionary" enough to deserve the pre-release chatter it got. Starts off slower than any triple-A title I can remember in recent times, but picks up quite abruptly after a couple of hours if you can stick it out. From there, it's a really good game. It's not a great one, but it's a very good one let down by flaws in some pretty important areas including iffy vehicle handling and some shoddy controls in places. Narrative is good, campaign is enjoyable, online underpopulated so couldn't really give a fair breakdown of that.

Unexpectedly jumped from a 2.5/5 to a 4/5 pretty much out of nowhere for me, but I can see a lot of people throwing in the towel before things start to improve, and it's tough to argue too much with them for doing it.

Nevertheless, it'll probably be one of the better games of 2014, but not in the top tier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

I'm not sure if it's as great as I expected it to be. When I started the game it seemed pretty bad but it seems to be getting a little bit better.

I was expecting it to be of GTA V quality but it just isn't as good :(

Think this is definitely a miss for me. Not paying 50 euro plus for an average game. Will pick it up second hand in a few months.

Think this is definitely a miss for me. Not paying 50 euro plus for an average game. Will pick it up second hand in a few months.

It's a better than average game

COYVB wrote: »
    It's a better than average game

A solid 7/10 by the sound of it . Above average, but not a day one purchase I don't think. Have you a link to your review of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sounds like i dodged a bullet on this one. Cancelled a pre order and planned to hold off to see what the initial reaction was like.

Few friends who've been playing through the night not to impressed this morning.

A solid 7/10 by the sound of it . Above average, but not a day one purchase I don't think. Have you a link to your review of it?

In the interest of maintaining some form of anonymity, I opt not to post links to my stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

You know, I'm actually quite impressed with the gaming press on this one. There was a time really not that long ago when a game this hyped was nearly guaranteed to get 9s and 10s across the board. Rather than seeing the comparitively low scores as a sign that the game is bad, I'm taking it as a sign that maybe an 8/10 game is now actually going to be an 8/10 game and not a "this game at least works" rating.

COYVB wrote: »
    In the interest of maintaining some form of anonymity, I opt not to post links to my stuff :)

To clarify on this before anyone thinks I think I'm important (I'm not and I don't), it's because I post stuff here that could get me in trouble on occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's interesting how a lot of reviewers say how it's really slow to get going and might put people off. Didn't Ubi learn anything from AC3 with the 5 hour intro?

Will be picking up my copy later anyway, hoping to just hack into peoples games and follow them around, practice my real life stalking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

If i can fill o van with scrap and get a few pound for it big joes davy will pick this up... otherwise ill buy gta 5 and play the original watchdogs... hate games that are copied from each other tbh. Why does every game like this try to be gta...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

sheehy83 wrote: »
    It's interesting how a lot of reviewers say how it's really slow to get going and might put people off. Didn't Ubi learn anything from AC3 with the 5 hour intro?

Will be picking up my copy later anyway, hoping to just hack into peoples games and follow them around, practice my real life stalking.

This! if this works as advertised ill be happy with the game tbh just love that kind of hide and seek gameplay like in AC multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Few people have said stick with the game it gets much better a few hours in jokes aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

TheDoc wrote: »
    Sounds like i dodged a bullet on this one. Cancelled a pre order and planned to hold off to see what the initial reaction was like.

Few friends who've been playing through the night not to impressed this morning.
    A bullet? More like dodged a pillow :P

The game isn't broken (TW:ROMEII) or a complete lie (Aliens:CM).

Just not as great as could be. Was always going to be a 20-25 euro buy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

sheehy83 wrote: »

It's nowhere near as bad as AC3's opening. That was a whole new level of terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's nowhere near as bad as AC3's opening. That was a whole new level of terrible.

Well that's good to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Cmon Postman, i can hear your van from miles away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I've read and heard enough similiarites with Far Cry 3 to make me want it. That was my favourite game of recent times so I'll probably download this from US PSN tonight.

Can't wait for Far Cry 4 later in the year!

As expected, fails to live up to hype. And the warning signs were clear as day. A poor man's gta it is. Review embargos do there job well though.
    Disapointing but at least they gave a new IP a try.

A cheap filler when I pick this up in 6 months time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Make sure if you are going to Xtra Vision for their trade in offer, bring two last gen or current gen games. I couldn't trade in GTA 5 and X1 COD ghosts against it.

Advertisement