Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

On a side-note, had my first real 'next gen' moment last night. My brother - who hasn't bought a PS4 yet - was on the fence about this game, so I Skyped him and sent him a link to a Twitch stream I had just set up. So basically I was showing him around the game and talking to him as I played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Make sure if you are going to Xtra Vision for their trade in offer, bring two last gen or current gen games. I couldn't trade in GTA 5 and X1 COD ghosts against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

The reveiws are very mediocro, I was hoping this would be the game I decide which console to go with. No real innovation, just more of the same slightly above average copy, and with a twenty euro premium on top for this.

It's been a bad six months for the games consumer and early adaptors in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

NORTH1 wrote: »
    The reveiws are very mediocro, I was hoping this would be the game I decide which console to go with. No real innovation, just more of the same slightly above average copy, and with a twenty euro premium on top for this.

It's been a bad six months for the games consumer and early adaptors in my opinion.

Quick questions lads sorry if answered already. But can ps3 users play with ps4 users.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Pov06 wrote: »
    I was expecting it to be of GTA V quality but it just isn't as good :(

That's worrying as GTA V was tedious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

But why do people expect amazing titles right of the bat on the new systems? Last time choice and quality was equally as sparse, its quite funny how selective peoples memory can be of only remembering the good times when the systems were at their peak and not the first year

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Where is the best price for this.

I see xtravision at 60 euro for ps3 and gamestop 65 euro.

Anyone know the price in Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Looks like if a you have an AMD HD series card you wont be able to play until ubisoft fix it :(

edit: Nm, looks like updating gfx then repairing the install fixes the freezes

VinLieger wrote: »
    But why do people expect amazing titles right of the bat on the new systems? Last time choice and quality was equally as sparse, its quite funny how selective peoples memory can be of only remembering the good times when the systems were at their peak and not the first year

The expectancy comes from what was shown at E3 2013 compared to what you are getting now.

VinLieger wrote: »

My memory is fine. That's the reason I waited because of my memories. The games company's are banking on the majority forgetting. And charging a premium for it . The sooner gamers start voting with our pockets, there will be little change up until that moment.

Edit. And this is not right of the bat. .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

The reveiws are very mediocro

JtqWzQZ.png

Hardly "mediocre".

C14N wrote: »
    JtqWzQZ.png

Hardly "mediocre".

Reviewed from a vist to the games company over sux months ago. Bought and paid for.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    As expected, fails to live up to hype. And the warning signs were clear as day. A poor man's gta it is. Review embargos do there job well though.
    Disapointing but at least they gave a new IP a try.

A cheap filler when I pick this up in 6 months time.

So you haven't played it but can say it's a disappointing game? Very strange.

So you haven't played it but can say it's a disappointing game? Very strange.

I have given my reasons why multiple times on this thread if you want to read them. Nothing strange about it. Its a decision I'm making not to squander 70 on an product that didn't meet its expectations. Nothing stopping anybody else buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Reviewed from a vist to the games company over sux months ago. Bought and paid for.......

Hold on... you say the reviews are mediocre. When it's pointed out that is not true you say they have been paid for.

So what reviews were you waiting for exactly to see if the game was worth it?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I have given my reasons why multiple times on this thread if you want to read them. Nothing strange about it. Its a decision I'm making not to squander 70 on an product that didn't meet its expectations. Nothing stopping anybody else buying it.

But you haven't played the game, how do YOU know it didn't meet your expectations?

Posters like this are the problem with the spoiled gamers of this generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The whole point of reviews, trailers and uploaded footage are to help you decide if it's worth handing over your hard earned money for. If he has come to the conclusion it's not from what he has seen and heard, how is that being a spoiled gamer?

That's a pretty serious allegation to make against the 40 different critics who make up the number. Do you have evidence to support it or did you just decide it yourself? And how does this tie in with the idea of a review embargo to stop the bad reviews?

tok9 wrote: »
    Hold on... you say the reviews are mediocre. When it's pointed out that is not true you say they have been paid for.

So what reviews were you waiting for exactly to see if the game was worth it?

I avoid the main stream ign and others. Seek out the the small reviewer, youtube commentator. I feel you get a more honest review. But to be fair this was coming down the line. Most of us are honest enough with ourselves to realise our fears.

But you haven't played the game, how do YOU know it didn't meet your expectations?

I told you go back and read the posts if your so concerned. Im playing video games long enough to know what I will enjoy and what I won't. The gameplay looks average and multiple sources and other people detailing it to me that are playing it is enough for me. There's nothing spoilt about it. I'm going to be careful about what I spend my limited expendable Income on.

• Advertisement

The whole point of reviews, trailers and uploaded footage are to help you decide if it's worth handing over your hard earned money for. If he has come to the conclusion it's not from what he has seen and heard, how is that being a spoiled gamer?

How can anyone possibly say a game is disappointing or bad without playing it? Because another game didn't like it? Play the game and make your own decision, don't let someone on the Internet do it for you.

For example I bought Dark Souls 1 recently, it was absolute garbage IN MY OPINION.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

i have it on pc. the graphics are great, albeit not necessarily next gen. The gameplay is good but when you break it down it plays just like any other sandbox city gta style game. Not in any way groundbreaking

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Not had a chance to read it yet but the always interesting Digital Foundry has their take on some of the tech behind the game.

Does Watch Dogs deliver on its stunning E3 2012 reveal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Multiplayer sounds fun, stumbled upon this review, spoiler free
    http://youtu.be/i06vez2FgDI

How can anyone possibly say a game is disappointing or bad without playing it? Because another game didn't like it? Play the game and make your own decision, don't let someone on the Internet do it for you.

For example I bought Dark Souls 1 recently, it was absolute garbage IN MY OPINION.

There's enough footage and commentary around for me to make a good judgement on the game. It's not going to be as good as I expected but it's still worth picking up, in fact I'm just on my way to get it in the next few minutes.
    What would be the point of a review if everybody had to buy the game/movie or whatever to see for themselves?
    I wish I'd checked out the Godzilla reviews before forking out to watch a CGI show with no storyline.

There's enough footage and commentary around for me to make a good judgement on the game. It's not going to be as good as I expected but it's still worth picking up, in fact I'm just on my way to get it in the next few minutes.
    What would be the point of a review if everybody had to buy the game/movie or whatever to see for themselves.

A review is one persons opinion. I'd rather form my own, just like I always have. I'm playing games since the early 90s, I've seen plenty of so called "amazing" games be terrible and vice versa.

I wish I'd checked out the Godzilla reviews before forking out to watch a CGI show with no storyline.

But if you had done that then you would have been encouraged to see it :confused:

A review is one persons opinion. I'd rather form my own, just like I always have. I'm playing games since the early 90s, I've seen plenty of so called "amazing" games be terrible and vice versa.

One bad review wouldn't be enough to put me off something but if every review I read was saying it doesn't live up to expectations then I'd be fairly confident that it doesn't live up to expectations or could be a lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

you were hoping for the older type, rubber suit show with no storyline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

One of the main criticisms gamers have of the likes of EA and Activision is their lack of new IP and their over-reliance on sequels. And yet when we do get a new IP, this is what happens.

I really don't think people understand how difficult it is to make these open-world type of games. The comparisons to GTA are fair enough since they are similar games, but GTA V was in development for over 4 years with a development staff of 1,000, was built off an engine that was designed for these games (see GTA IV and RDR) and was the most expensive game ever made at the time.

Sure, you can expect it to be as good as GTA, but the reality is it was never going to be, very few game companies can compete with Rockstar and GTA.

Advertisement