Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Gamestop charging 75 quid for it! Bloody cowboys! It was a good thing I traded in 2 copies of deadpool that I got in that Xtra Vision marketplace deal a while back so only got it for a tenner. Took me a good 5 minutes before i could get out of there with the shop assistant trying to push the Season Pass, t-shirt and any other ****e they wanted to sell to me. Smells of desperation on GameStop's behalf. Will be buying from VG+ in the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Can anyone confirm that you can switch to in-car view where you see the dashboard etc.? Think I remember seeing a shot of that a while ago and it looked good.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Gamestop charging 75 quid for it! Bloody cowboys! It was a good thing I traded in 2 copies of deadpool that I got in that Xtra Vision marketplace deal a while back so only got it for a tenner. Took me a good 5 minutes before i could get out of there with the shop assistant trying to push the Season Pass, t-shirt and any other ****e they wanted to sell to me. Smells of desperation on GameStop's behalf. Will be buying from VG+ in the future!

Gamestop are joke with that kind of stuff alright, they tried to sell me 3 euros insurance on a used game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

argos selling it for 67
    tesco for 70

dont go near gamestop robbing ba$tards lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

€65 on little woods if anyone has an account with them. Ordering today would have the game by Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

ripperman wrote:
    Can anyone confirm that you can switch to in-car view where you see the dashboard etc.? Think I remember seeing a shot of that a while ago and it looked good.
    Not positive, but I think there's no dashboard, only a view from the front.

http://i.imgur.com/eGSBfp7.png

there is a dashboard view screenshot here not mine

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Ah I know its just that Deadpool was on that trade in offer and seeing as that is a horrible game(Deadpool that is) I decided to pull the trigger. Had it pre-ordered with VG+ before that. Under €45 posted is a ridiculous deal off of VG+

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Hmm, I'll have to check again when I get home. I only flicked through the views once, but could of sworn it had no dashboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

ripperman wrote: »

You can and I actually find it very useful when I'm chasing cars, I pretty much played GTA 4 in 1st person mode all the way through so I'm used to it myself. Downside to it is that you can't really look around inside, you can only look a tiny bit to your right which is a bit silly and not practical when you want to look at an NPC on the sidewalk where you'll have to change camera or hop out.

I've gotten a bit more accustomed to driving, it's still not great but it's very arcadey; You'll be bouncing and skimming off cars like you rubbed vaseline all over it.

As I'm getting a bit more into the game I'm actually beginning to like it more and see how it's coming into it's own, some of the missions are good and put the mechanics into play decently by giving you some variety on how to approach them.

I think it'll be a slow burner of a game for some, where it'll take time for it to grow on you as you play further into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'll take it for a little over €40. Hopefully it will be downloaded for tomorrow. Gamestop, Argos etc can suck on a hairy lemon as far as i'm concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Cool, thanks for the replies everyone. Like the immersion of the dashboard view.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

cheapest place to buy on pc? i see its €45 on GetGamesGo and £30 on cdkeys.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    You can and I actually find it very useful when I'm chasing cars, I pretty much played GTA 4 in 1st person mode all the way through so I'm used to it myself. Downside to it is that you can't really look around inside, you can only look a tiny bit to your right which is a bit silly and not practical when you want to look at an NPC on the sidewalk where you'll have to change camera or hop out.

I've gotten a bit more accustomed to driving, it's still not great but it's very arcadey; You'll be bouncing and skimming off cars like you rubbed vaseline all over it.

As I'm getting a bit more into the game I'm actually beginning to like it more and see how it's coming into it's own, some of the missions are good and put the mechanics into play decently by giving you some variety on how to approach them.

I think it'll be a slow burner of a game for some, where it'll take time for it to grow on you as you play further into it.

I wont be able to check the driving out till tonight but in your opinion is the driving better than GTAV or worse or on par even???

alot of people gave out hell about GTAVs driving but I found it excellent sure not relistic like 4 but I didt really care

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Benzino wrote: »
    Just at that part now too, taking an age. Doesn't help that I can hear some guy go "hah!" every 15 seconds :P

Ha ya.. I've started playing it now anyway. Still pretty much in the tutorial phase.

So far I'm enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

One thing I don't like about the game is the music, a lot of it is shìt with plenty of Burnout-esque emo music. There's some good tunes in there but it feels like a soundtrack that would've belonged 10 years ago.

It doesn't have radio stations as such, more like a CD playing in a car where you'll hear the same irritating songs over and over again. You can skip them but they're laid out randomly.

The game's soundtrack itself is much better and suit it a lot more than the guff they got playing in the cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Batesy wrote: »
    I've read and heard enough similiarites with Far Cry 3 to make me want it

It has absolutely nothing in common with Far Cry 3.... where on earth did you see mention of similarities?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can I trade in ps4 games in symths.

Have battlefield and want to get rid of it and buy watchdogs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    Where is the best price for this.

I see xtravision at 60 euro for ps3 and gamestop 65 euro.

Anyone know the price in Tesco?

Cheapest Ive seem is €42 on the Xbox One. Downloading it at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

NORTH1 wrote: »
    Reviewed from a vist to the games company over sux months ago. Bought and paid for.......

The gamer's guide to game reviews:

Is it a game you don't think you'd like, but it's getting decent scores? If so, the reviews are bought

Is it a game you think you'd like, but it's getting poor scores? If so, the reviews are wrong.

Does the review tell you exactly what you want to hear about a game you had made your mind up about six months ago? If so, it's a great review.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

psugrue wrote: »
    cheapest place to buy on pc? i see its €45 on GetGamesGo and £30 on cdkeys.

Got the special edition via Steam Trades for £22.50 last night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Penn wrote: »

Comparing graphics/gameplay/driving with GTAV, that I can understand. Comparing price/budget/sales etc with GTAV is comparing apples and cheese.

Watch Dogs had a development budget if about $80 million hardly small change and small studio type figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

COYVB wrote: »
    It has absolutely nothing in common with Far Cry 3.... where on earth did you see mention of similarities?

I've just hacked a Cassowary bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

miju wrote: »
    Watch Dogs had a development budget if about $80 million hardly small change and small studio type figures.

Have you a source for that? It was $68m before the delay.

Edit: And while it is not small sum, it's small compared to GTA V's $270m budget.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I couldn't believe it when I saw the 74.99 price tag in Gamestop with it being 60-65 elsewhere. Then again when I think about it this is nothing new, Gamestop have been ripping off people solidly since GAME closed in Ireland. I used to buy in Gamestop when they were decent back in the day, but haven't bought anything in their stores in about 5 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I was going to buy the game this time last week but now I'm glad I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭Penn

miju wrote: »

As Benzino said, GTAV cost about $200m more, and they already had a lot of work done from GTAIV to build off. Watch Dogs essentially had to be built from scratch as a brand new franchise, with brand new gameplay etc.

$80m isn't small change. But it's like comparing Kick-Ass with The Avengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Penn wrote: »
    As Benzino said, GTAV cost about $200m more, and they already had a lot of work done from GTAIV to build off. Watch Dogs essentially had to be built from scratch as a brand new franchise, with brand new gameplay etc.

$80m isn't small change. But it's like comparing Kick-Ass with The Avengers.

This is like showing the trailer to the avengers then ending up with kick ass

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

This is like showing the trailer to the avengers then ending up with kick ass

Sounds good to me, Kick Ass was a far better film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I was going to buy the game this time last week but now I'm glad I didn't.

That made me laugh...

Advertisement