Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Sounds good to me, Kick Ass was a far better film.

now thats just a lie :pac:

after putting a few more hours into the game, it has gotten "better" but I still don't think its worth the money
    god only knows what they were doing for the 6months that it was delayed.
    Driving is awful, for an 80mill budget, they surely could of made something better?
    its not even about the graphics anymore, its about the game in general, its just OK, nothing special. Petty as I was definitely one of the people on the hype train when it was first shown in e3 2012
    oh well, hopefully the division won't let me down

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Right thats it the negativity is just too annoying, everytime i come into this thread i loose more braincells reading it.

The simple fact is open games have jank are a bit broken and arent perfect.

Remember Skyrim? it was broken as **** but it is an incredibly popular franchise so it got away with it. But Watchdogs is an unproven quantity with no track history so people jump on it and claim it as a piece of **** and then people wonder why publishers are so hesitant with new IP's.

And then the GTA comparison's, GTA is the exception to this as Rockstar have perfected this formula after 15 years of work on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

COYVB wrote: »
    The gamer's guide to game reviews:

Is it a game you don't think you'd like, but it's getting decent scores? If so, the reviews are bought

Is it a game you think you'd like, but it's getting poor scores? If so, the reviews are wrong.

Does the review tell you exactly what you want to hear about a game you had made your mind up about six months ago? If so, it's a great review.

I'm not sure what your trying say here?

Some sites are giving it 8 out of 10 as linked here, there are links here to its a peice of crap. The truth no doubt is in the middle. The site Gizmo linked to eurogamer have it at 7 out of 10. An above average game at best. Funny how the bigger sites skip over some of the flaws pointed out?

I was looking for a game that would take me to the next gen console. This in my opinion is a let down.

Ohh and I liked sleeping dogs, but didnt pay 50 euro for it either, just so you know where I'm coming from. 70 euro would need to be perfection!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    now thats just a lie :pac:

It's genuinely not. I found Avenger's pretty dull, there was nothing to it bar some decent CGI. The plot and dialogue were fairly predictable and run-of-the-mill in my opinion. I found Kick Ass pretty entertaining and didn't regret handing over my tenner to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

anyone experiencing a bug where you start the game with your gun drawn but can't holster it? Im playing on PC, and have tried both mouse / keyboard and pad controls, but the "holster" button doesn't work on either. Seems to affect other platforms too as a quick search online reveals reports from XB1 and PS4 users also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

you can trade back watch dogs and get 45euro before 29june
    prob store credit,in xtravision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Branoic wrote: »
    anyone experiencing a bug where you start the game with your gun drawn but can't holster it? Im playing on PC, and have tried both mouse / keyboard and pad controls, but the "holster" button doesn't work on either. Seems to affect other platforms too as a quick search online reveals reports from XB1 and PS4 users also.

Going back to it in a few minutes as I only had time for a quick look after I installed it this morning )XBone) but I did notice that myself, figured it was odd alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I was going to buy the game this time last week but now I'm glad I didn't.

I give those Watch_Dogs bugs 2/10. At least when Rockstar games have bugs it results in me being able to ride a character around like a donkey or pimp out my carriage with funky suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

People keep quoting the €70-€75 price mark. Um, every Xbone and PS4 game costs that (in most retailers at least), they were hardly going to make it cheaper then every other game! Also, get a PC, got mine for €23.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Really? That got good reviews?
    Just from a quick IMDB check it's clear to see there is zero plot to it.

73% on Rotten Tomatoes and 7.3 on IMDB are fairly solid for a summer blockbuster. Haven't seen it but those encouraged me.
    The fact that they follow a review embargo like good little boys so they'll get invited to next years hyped PR game event.

It's obvious that it's getting very difficult to find genuine reviews these days that don't have some form of padding that keeps them just about in the good books with the game publisher.

The gaming media and game publishers relationships/how they conduct business needs to be reformed or have some form of regulation. There is millions of dollars at stake. We should be getting honest reviews 3-4 weeks before a title comes out. The quality of games would really improve if this was the case.

It doesn't make sense though. If the reviews are all just bought several months in advance as the original poster claimed (still without evidence of any sort), why would they want an embargo? Why not get these paid positive reviews out early? The original claim was that the embargo was there because Ubisoft knew it would be badly received and wanted to get as many early buyers as possible before the reviews came out. Now it turns out the reviews are pretty good, so the claim has been switched to "they bribed them" which still doesn't explain the embargo.

Reviews 3-4 weeks before release is crazy. No other medium goes that far ahead of time in it's reviews.
    That's what I mean. That should be highly illegal. Millions of dollars of consumer money on the line. It's becoming an alarming trend. If that continues you can bet games will get more **** rather than better.

Films do this too. Critics get to see advanced screenings of films for free from the major publishers. They need to get free copies, they can't afford to buy everything.
    RasTa wrote: »
    Getting better scores then I imagined, Polygon rates it as better then the Last of Us

Yeah but Polygon gave TLOU the notoriously low score (:rolleyes:) of 7.5. That's actually the only reason I've even heard of Polygon.
    But my point about how intense the backlash seems to be isn't based on posters here, it's based on, for example, the Metacritic user rating that is 5.7, with 14 'reviews' (0-4/10) from people moaning that it doesn't look like it did in 2012. That's just nonsensical to me.

It's even lower on PC. Metacritic user scores usually aren't worth the pixels they're written on.
    When it comes to false advertising I think people have every right to voice a negative opinion. If i see a gameplay video on next gen or pc that can replicate the 2012 video then I'll be interested

It's not false advertising. The demo shown two years ago wasn't an "ad", and far more footage has been shown of the updated graphics. It's like going to a Johnny Depp movie and giving it a 0 because two years ago when it was first in development, Brad Pitt was supposed to play the lead role, despite the fact that all the posters and official trailers showed Johnny Depp in the role instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

VinLieger wrote: »
    And then the GTA comparison's, GTA is the exception to this as Rockstar have perfected this formula after 15 years of work on it.

And twice the budget, I guess.

Julez wrote: »
    People keep quoting the €70-€75 price mark. Um, every Xbone and PS4 game costs that (in most retailers at least), they were hardly going to make it cheaper then every other game! Also, get a PC, got mine for €23.

I bought wolfenstien in smyths on realease day for 59.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

People were looking for too much with this game it was never gonna meet those expectations when it was announced it would be a cross gen game aka last gen game upscaled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I bought wolfenstien in smyths on realease day for 59.99

Says it's €65 on their site, you must have gotten lucky!

Wish I could hack traffic lights in real life :(

Benzino wrote: »
    Says it's €65 on their site, you must have gotten lucky!

On release day no luck if you just showed up on the week it was released; the same with Argos.

Watch Dogs is 70-75 on release day. So my point to his post what it's not the same cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

On release day no luck if you just showed up on the week it was released; the same with Argos.

Watch Dogs is 70-75 on release day. So my point to his post what it's not the same cost.

:confused:

But Watch_Dogs is €65 too in Symths. Yeah, some places are charging more, but that's down to the retailer, you cannot blame Ubisoft for that.

I stopped at an accident at the cross roads (me hacking the lights had nothing to do with it :rolleyes:) just there, people getting out to look at the damage etc. then boom 3 of the cars exploded, have to say it looked pretty nice in terms of the flames and it being night time, enough for me to stop and say that looked good.

The driving feels ok to me but I haven't been in any serious gataways etc yet, it's not perfect though I always use the in car view in these games and I like that you can look with r-stick in this view, I also use this view as usually there is no collision detection for any part of the car behind your view which can help sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

jesus this day is soooo long cmon 9 o clock lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I guarantee the people giving out about the driving in this game loved the horrible driving in GTA IV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

biggebruv wrote: »
    jesus this day is soooo long cmon 9 o clock lol
    I was about to say that you can go to your hideout and sleep until nightfall, but then realise you meant the real world. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

biggebruv wrote: »
    I wont be able to check the driving out till tonight but in your opinion is the driving better than GTAV or worse or on par even???

alot of people gave out hell about GTAVs driving but I found it excellent sure not relistic like 4 but I didt really care

I'm a PC man so I've haven't played GTA V :(.................................yet

I suppose you could call the driving arcadey so I imagine it's closer to GTA V than IV in terms of driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Can anyone put up the list of games that Xtravision accept for the trade in deal please?

Benzino wrote: »
    :confused:

But Watch_Dogs is €65 too in Symths. Yeah, some places are charging more, but that's down to the retailer, you cannot blame Ubisoft for that.

This is the post I'm referencing;
    Julez wrote: »

No Wolfenstien was not 70-75 euros it was 60 quid on the week of release in Argos and Smyths.

59.99 and 65.00 in Smyths are not the same thing. Everywhere else watch dogs its 70 - 75 which is 10 - 15 euros more than Wolfenstien. Both have been released on the X1 & PS4

Who's blaming Ubisoft??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Hoping main account will work once it's Installed

I guarantee the people giving out about the driving in this game loved the horrible driving in GTA IV.
    Driving should be considered a critical aspect of mechanics for a game of this type. Especially if 90% of the levels demand it. It's such a shame.

In comparison; where GTA IV got it all wrong, GTA V got it all right. It was a pure joy to drive anywhere on the map.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I do a double take every time I see someone describe GTA IV's driving as "realistic". Can only assume these people have not driven a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Everywhere else watch dogs its 70 - 75 which is 10 - 15 euros more than Wolfenstien. Both have been released on the X1 & PS4

Who's blaming Ubisoft??

Links please, only one place I'v seen selling for €70-75

This.

What did you make of the driving in watch dogs?

• Advertisement

I do a double take every time I see someone describe GTA IV's driving as "realistic". Can only assume these people have not driven a car.

I've tried multiple times to finish the game but I can't because of how irritating the driving is.

Advertisement