Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Can anyone put up the list of games that Xtravision accept for the trade in deal please?

ps3
    TitleFormat BATTLEFIELD 4 PS3 DARK SOULS II PS3 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL 2014 PS3 GRAN TURISMO 6 PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V PS3 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES PS3 LEGO THE HOBBIT PS3 MADDEN NFL 25 PS3 NBA 2K14 PS3 NEED FOR SPEED: THE RIVALS PS3 NHL 14 PS3 SKYLANDERS SWAP FORCE STARTER PACK PS3 SOUTH PARK: THE STICK OF TRUTH PS3 THE LEGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME PS3 THIEF PS3 WOLFENSTEIN PS3

ps4

BOUND BY FLAME PS4 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS PS4 FIFA 14 PS4 INFAMOUS: SECOND SON PS4 INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US: PS4 JUST DANCE 2014 PS4 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES PS4 LEGO THE HOBBIT PS4 MADDEN NFL 25 PS4 NBA 2K14 PS4 NBA LIVE 14 PS4 NEED FOR SPEED THE RIVALS PS4 RAYMAN LEGENDS PS4 SKYLANDERS SWAP FORCE STARTER PACK PS4 THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 PS4 THE LEGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME PS4 THIEF PS4 TOMB RAIDER: DEFINITIVE EDITION PS4 WOLFENSTEIN PS4 BATTLEFIELD 4

xbox360

DARK SOULS II XB360 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL 2014 XB360 GRAND THEFT AUTO V XB360 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES XB360 LEGO THE HOBBIT XB360 MADDEN NFL 25 XB360 NBA 2K14 XB360 NHL 14 XB360 SKYLANDERS SWAP FORCE STARTER PACK XB360 SOUTH PARK: THE STICK OF TRUTH XB360 THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 XB360 THE LEGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME XB360 THIEF XB360 TITANFALL XB360 WOLFENSTEIN XB360
    xbone

ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG XBOX ONE BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX ONE CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS XBOX ONE DEAD RISING 3 XBOX ONE FIFA 14 XBOX ONE FIGHTER WITHIN XBOX ONE FORZA MOTORSPORT 5 XBOX ONE JUST DANCE 2014 XBOX ONE LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES XBOX ONE LEGO THE HOBBIT XBOX ONE MADDEN NFL 25 XBOX ONE NBA 2K14 XBOX ONE NBA LIVE 14 XBOX ONE NEED FOR SPEED THE RIVALS XBOX ONE PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFARE XBOX ONE RAYMAN LEGENDS XBOX ONE RYSE XBOX ONE THE LEGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME XBOX ONE THIEF XBOX ONE TITANFALL XBOX ONE TOMB RAIDER: DEFINITIVE EDITION XBOX ONE WOLFENSTEIN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

@naughto

Ah, not a great selection. Thanks for the list though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Can anyone put up the list of games that Xtravision accept for the trade in deal please?

I linked it a few pages back , it's for today only and they will not take mixed gen games, I traded a One and 360 game this morning and couldn't get the deal which was a good thing because the game only cost me €3 with those and I got a €5 voucher :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I have played a few hours of this game so far and I must say I find it fun. It is only the early stuff going around giving you a feel for what is about eg. online hacking, side missions. It has not gotten into the story really yet mentioning it hear and there so you can remember it but I say once the tutorial hours is done hopefully it will get going. The driving is meh not a great driver in these games but once you get a feel for a car and how it drives you can adapt. Map looks big and have not been 2 much around it.

Done a couple of side missions and such but I would say some of the hacking is just done automatic would like a mini game or something
    there was one where you have to go to to a place to open more of the map you had to buy a rifle before it

Eating dinner than going back to play more. Bhy the way did anyone buy a season pass in gamestop that did not work. Tried the link last night but did not work was going to try today but the server is down atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Soby wrote: »
    Hoping main account will work once it's Installed

Make sure both your US and Main account have the ps4 set as it's primary ps4.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Links please, only one place I'v seen selling for €70-75

You have enough of time to type this post but you can't look up links on google yourself. Don't be a lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Asking again as my post got lost in all the review, GTA and price talk...

So for the people who have the game, I assume those not complaining about reviews, how does it hold up gameplay wise and is the graphics downgrade noticeable, also is there any semblance of a good story to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    You have enough of time to type this post but you can't look up links on google yourself. Don't be a lazy.

You're the person claiming it so please back up your point. Or just admit one shop is selling it for the price you are claiming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Xenji wrote: »
    Asking again as my post got lost in all the review, GTA and price talk...

So for the people who have the game, I assume those not complaining about reviews, how does it hold up gameplay wise and is the graphics downgrade noticeable, also is there any semblance of a good story to it.

Haven't played enough to answer all those as I'm only getting a feel for it, it certainly doesn't look too shabby on the one, whats it running at 900p? I'd not see the benefit of a higer rez on my tv 32" anyway it's not an ugly game by any means.

What did you make of the driving in watch dogs?

FO8PKQE.jpg

• Advertisement

You're the person claiming it so please back up your point. Or just admit one shop is selling it for the price you are claiming

Your looking for a nonsensical argument. This is what we are discussing. Please go and research yourself I'm not your bellboy if it concerns you that much.
    This is the post I'm referencing;

No Wolfenstien was not 70-75 euros it was 60 quid on the week of release in Argos and Smyths.

59.99 and 65.00 in Smyths are not the same thing. Everywhere else watch dogs its 70 - 75 which is 10 - 15 euros more than Wolfenstien. Both have been released on the X1 & PS4

Who's blaming Ubisoft??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I do a double take every time I see someone describe GTA IV's driving as "realistic". Can only assume these people have not driven a car.

In fairness, even those of use who have driven cars generally don't drive the same way in real life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Who's blaming Ubisoft??

Didn't this whole debate on price not start with the following post, which insinuates Ubisoft are charging more?
    ah here they had 5 or 6 years... and you are saying gta5 had twice the team and a bigger budget yes but why is watch dogs 65-70 euro then if they wanna provide a mediocre game dont charge the consumer more than what rockstar xharged for gta..

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that the RRP for this game is any different than other similar PS4/Xbox One titles.
    No Wolfenstien was not 70-75 euros it was 60 quid on the week of release in Argos and Smyths.

59.99 and 65.00 in Smyths are not the same thing. Everywhere else watch dogs its 70 - 75 which is 10 - 15 euros more than Wolfenstien. Both have been released on the X1 & PS4

That may have been the case, but it is €65 now in Smyths and €63 in Argos, on par with Watch Dogs. Either way, the cost of Wolfenstien on release in Smyths/Argos is completely irrelevant. Retailers can charge what they like, just look at Gamestop for an example of this. As I've said, there is nothing to suggest the RRP for Watch Dogs is more than other titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Your looking for a nonsensical argument. This is what we are discussing. Please go and research yourself I'm not your bellboy if it concerns you that much.

What? are we discussing the price of the game or the price of the game in one shop?

You said in the post you quoted "everywhere else Watch Dogs is €70-75"

Why if you can't back it up?

Maybe post another picture since a thought process seems to be too difficult.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

FO8PKQE.jpg

"Funny" picture aside. What did YOU make of the driving in watch dogs that puts you in a position to complain about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

calex71 wrote: »
    I linked it a few pages back , it's for today only and they will not take mixed gen games, I traded a One and 360 game this morning and couldn't get the deal which was a good thing because the game only cost me €3 with those and I got a €5 voucher :pac:
    i asked the fella in xtravision about the deal as i traded some games he siad the deal will more than likely go on for longer than the day.it depends on the interest in the game and what type of games are being traded

"Funny" picture aside. What did YOU make of the driving in watch dogs that puts you in a position to complain about it?

That's the point of the 'Funny' picture. I'm not going to repeat myself.

Benzino wrote: »
    Didn't this whole debate on price not start with the following post, which insinuates Ubisoft are charging more?

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that the RRP for this game is any different than other similar PS4/Xbox One titles.

That may have been the case, but it is €65 now in Smyths and €63 in Argos, on par with Watch Dogs. Either way, the cost of Wolfenstien on release in Smyths/Argos is completely irrelevant. Retailers can charge what they like, just look at Gamestop for an example of this. As I've said, there is nothing to suggest the RRP for Watch Dogs is more than other titles.

Only that I paid less on release day than people are paying for Watch Dogs in all the retail shops.
    Agree to disagree here. Dark Knights post is not my post. I was responding to 1 post only.

What? are we discussing the price of the game or the price of the game in one shop?

You said in the post you quoted "everywhere else Watch Dogs is €70-75"

Why if you can't back it up?

Maybe post another picture since a thought process seems to be too difficult.

I'm done discussing this with you, you would argue with a white wall by the sounds of it :pac:

Well took the plunge, €45 delivered with VGP and if I do not like it I can print out an EU cover for the game and trade it back into Gamestop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Been playing this for the past 3 hours and was a bit hesitant buying the game earlier after a mixture of reviews but the lack of PS4 games has made me buy it and I am delighted I did.

The graphics are ok, nothing ground breaking and lacking in comparison to BF4 but it is a lot of fun to play. Going on cop chases and getting them trapped in areas or the online multiplayer where you go about hacking others.

Only done about 3 missions so can't really comment on the story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I reckon if you just have a PS4 this game will excite you more because atm theres noting else out that gives that nice open world city guns/cars gameplay everybody loves.

but if you still have your ps3 and gtav copy alive and kicking to go back to any time ya want watchdogs might not seem as appealing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Gamestop charging 75 quid for it!

Why would anyone pay 75 quid for it in Gamestop?

It is available in other bricks and mortar stores for slightly less. It is available online for significantly less.

Anyone who buys games in Gamestop, deserves to be robbed for not doing some simple research. A 5 minute google, or a trip to another store will throw up the answers.

biggebruv wrote: »
    I reckon if you just have a PS4 this game will excite you more because atm theres noting else out that gives that nice open world city guns/cars gameplay everybody loves.

but if you still have your ps3 and gtav copy alive and kicking to go back to any time ya want watchdogs might not seem as appealing?

GTA V was highly overrated and disappointing, yeah there I said it and I find it funny when people compare both as neither of the games look like living up to the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

What's actually quite funny regarding this whole GTA/Watchdogs debate is that GTA is a far bigger culprit of deceiving the consumer than Watchdogs.

GTA advertised and discussed heists as a huge feature of the game when it was only a few missions with 2 branches basically and it still hasn't been released online.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've never been that big of a fan of GTA since San Andreas. I think from San Andreas onwards they have been really over rated. I much prefer the Rockstar games that aren't from Rockstar North. All they made was the GTA games and the Manhunt games which I think are two of the worst games ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Has anyone played the xbox 360 version?
    What do you think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Only that I paid less on release day than people are paying for Watch Dogs in all the retail shops.

That just means you got a good deal though. Broadly, it appears that Watch Dogs is about the same price as other new releases. If one person managed to find it in a bricks and mortar shop for €50 it wouldn't be proof that it's cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

i have managed to get a couple of hours in today and im really enjoying it, I think as soon as i finish it i will bring it back to gamestop and trade it in(did the same with TLOU 2 days after i got it). some of the comments on here today are ridiculous varying from the pc user who thinks the game doesnt look next gen and all the rest of it,
    is it perfect? no! what game is?
    Is it worth the 65-75 quid to me totally.
    The driving isnt perfect but I will soon get used to it, and if i want a driving game i will buy forza,
    If ya can afford this get it, is what I say and never mind the reviews and complaints from people who haven't even played the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Cannot login to uPlay on PC, anyone else?

Advertisement