Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Can you shoot while driving?

No, all you can do is hack while driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Can you shoot while driving?

Only passengers can shoot when in a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

My parcel motel text just arrived good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

danthefan wrote: »
    Whaaaa? You can do that? Where do you get the cover from?

There are websites with databases of covers. They might still see the disc is wrong though (NTSC ones have ESRB ratings on the discs).

recyclops wrote: »
    My parcel motel text just arrived good times.

Your typing this on your phone while on the way to get it right ???? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Just got it activated there. Downloading now. Should be down in 30mins. Bloody uPlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

playing on the PC with an xbox control

anyone know how to configure the controller so the horn on the car doesn't beep when you press the left stick?

kingtiger wrote: »
    playing on the PC with an xbox control

anyone know how to configure the controller so the horn on the car doesn't beep when you press the left stick?

Thats the default on consoles too, the other options map that button to focus.

Isn't that the standard 'beep beep' button anyway in these games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

That fixer contract mission :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

So started playing a few thoughts

driving compared to GTAV is not as good when you first get in a car it feels weird but after about 15mins I was flying around lol

I started playing the ball in cup game for about 30mins lol

it looks great for a cross gen title

the game introduced all the hacking elements very well at the start I thought the first mission was good I definatly get the impression this is a slow game with a slower pace compared to the instant action of alot of new games

the main character looks abit dull and plain but he might grow on me

im looking forward to getting stuck into this game and all it has to offer

it will keep me gaming happy for awhile I guess which is all I asked of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I've played it for a while now and while it is not going to blow anything out of the water in terms of adding anything new, is it a bad game? No. I am enjoying it greatly and do I in anyway feel bad about spending €43 on it? Not at all.

Would I feel bad after spending €65 - €75 on it? Yes I would but that goes for all games.

The driving while not perfect (I would never have expected it to be) is not the disaster some people here are making it out to be.

lertsnim wrote: »
    I've played it for a while now and while it is not going to blow anything out of the water in terms of adding anything new, is it a bad game? No. I am enjoying it greatly and do I in anyway feel bad about spending €43 on it? Not at all.

Would I feel bad after spending €65 - €75 on it? Yes I would but that goes for all games.

The driving while not perfect (I would never have expected it to be) is not the disaster some people here are making it out to be.

The driving for me feels like they want want to keep the 4 wheels on the ground as much as possible , and in some parts stick to the road like glue and keep the car in the upright orientation.

It's definitely a case of getting used to it but not a million miles from other titles.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

cloud493 wrote: »

Yeah it sucked. Knock down ffs.

I'm liking it for the most part, when it's being a sneaky hacky slow paced game it's fun. When it's trying to be GTA it's a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just threw it on there, anyone elses ps4 sound like a spaceship running it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Check cameras....
    Watch movements....
    Going to sneak past these guys....
    Spotted.......****......... go loud.

This happens in every stealth game i play :(

1502219_726008594105263_5243095892123465363_o.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I just threw it on there, anyone elses ps4 sound like a spaceship running it?

Infamous did that to mine, this doesn't seem as bad; at least I haven't noticed it to the same exrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭A Greedy Algorithm

Was going to pick this up today, I've decided to wait instead. It does look like a pretty fun game but from all the reviews and comments I've seen online its not the ground-breaking game most people were expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

cloud493 wrote: »
    5uspect wrote: »
    Yeah it sucked. Knock down ffs.

I thought I was the only one who had trouble with that one, insane having to deal with that so early on in the game.
    Was going to pick this up today, I've decided to wait instead. It does look like a pretty fun game but from all the reviews and comments I've seen online its not the ground-breaking game most people were expecting.

It's not groundbreaking, I think the hype and that E3 2012 footage created too far of a hill for it to climb but it's not a crap game by a long shot. Driving is a bit iffy but it's not a dealbreaker and the graphics aren't exactly shìt, they just didn't match the early footage. There's actually quite a lot to do beyond the campaign that allows you to flex the game's muscles.

The slow pacing I rather enjoy, one small side quest where you raid a gang's hideout was fun. I spent a fair bit of time scoping the area out through the cameras and trying to take out about 6 people out through explosive environments by hacking them.

There were 3 left so I crept in and manually took them down in a stealthy manner, was a satisfying mission that got me to use different mechanics to a good degree.

The more I play this the more it grows on me. I was planning to replay Wolfenstein (which was great) but this keeps pulling me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

5uspect wrote: »
    Infamous did that to mine, this doesn't seem as bad; at least I haven't noticed it to the same exrent.

It calmed down after 15 minutes. Must have been lack of use.

The drivibg is strange but I think I like it. Dash cam is the way to go....until your evo's engine starts smoking up your windscreen

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one who had trouble with that one, insane having to deal with that so early on in the game.

It's not groundbreaking, I think the hype and that E3 2012 footage created too far of a hill for it to climb but it's not a crap game by a long shot. Driving is a bit iffy but it's not a dealbreaker and the graphics aren't exactly shìt, they just didn't match the early footage. There's actually quite a lot to do beyond the campaign that allows you to flex the game's muscles.

The slow pacing I rather enjoy, one small side quest where you raid a gang's hideout was fun. I spent a fair bit of time scoping the area out through the cameras and trying to take out about 6 people out through explosive environments by hacking them.

There were 3 left so I crept in and manually took them down in a stealthy manner, was a satisfying mission that got me to use different mechanics to a good degree.

The more I play this the more it grows on me. I was planning to replay Wolfenstein (which was great) but this keeps pulling me back.

yeah i just did that one its cool how you can scope out the area and know youll be ok somewhere else lol

I love his jacket flying in the wind when your driving on the bike when its night time the lighting gives it a very dark knight feel looks like batmans cape when hes on his batbike LOL

come to think of it the dark knight was actually shot in chicago I think:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Shocking that after all the bitching and moaning this is ACTUALLY a GOOD game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(all exclam....needed to be ther)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

biggebruv wrote: »
    yeah i just did that one its cool how you can scope out the area and know youll be ok somewhere else lol

I love his jacket flying in the wind when your driving on the bike when its night time the lighting gives it a very dark knight feel looks like batmans cape when hes on his batbike LOL

come to think of it the dark knight was actually shot in chicago I think:D

Everytime he talks I think it sounds very like batman from the Dark Knight too. Now they just need to get the modding community involved and get Aiden a batman costume and I'll be happy :)

It's actually one of the first games in a while I've played where I can actually stealthily complete a whole area if I want and not resort to killing everyone!
    Once you get more abilities you do get a bit overpowered but in a uber hacker way. The last gang hideout side mission I did I had 8 out of 12 killed before I had even entered the building!!

I have most of Act 1 completed but have now left the main story to the side to complete the various side missions that open up the map.

Everytime he talks I think it sounds very like batman from the Dark Knight too. Now they just need to get the modding community involved and get Aiden a batman costume and I'll be happy :)

It's actually one of the first games in a while I've played where I can actually stealthily complete a whole area if I want and not resort to killing everyone!
    Once you get more abilities you do get a bit overpowered but in a uber hacker way. The last gang hideout side mission I did I had 8 out of 12 killed before I had even entered the building!!

I have most of Act 1 completed but have now left the main story to the side to complete the various side missions that open up the map.

ha yeah i found the building where joker and batman had there famous bike/gun scene "come on I want ya ta hit me HIT ME!"

you just know modders will do epic things there with that eventually LOL

your right he does remind me of batman how he talks like a calm batvoice than christian bales LOL

why no melee attacks on the citizens though even a punch would have been nice can you take your stick out on the peds??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Check cameras....
    Watch movements....
    Going to sneak past these guys....
    Spotted.......****......... go loud.

This happens in every stealth game i play :(

1502219_726008594105263_5243095892123465363_o.jpg

Seems like it's not just you
    Just read the RPS review, he pretty much slammed it.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/27/watch-dogs-pc-review/
    Here is how it goes: you press ‘hack’ to use the camera under your crosshair, but at that moment the game’s predictive targeting decides you’re actually looking at a guard in the middle distance. The guard explodes, because you hacked his grenade. Everyone on the level is now alerted.

You drop down and take cover behind an object and begin to move quickly towards the server room, still trying to avoid conflict. You press C to move behind a pillar, but in your haste didn’t have time to deal with the fiddly targeting here, either. You hide on the wrong side of the pillar, are too stuck to it to quickly disengage, and are spotted by a guard or six who begin firing at you.

You press 1 to bring out your weapon and nothing happens, I don’t know why, and press it a second time and now you have a machinegun in your hands. You rapidly press your left mouse button while aiming at the nearest guard, but this only causes you to awkwardly twitch your arms. You need to hold down the button for longer if you want him to lift his arms and then fire, a system that seems designed for analogue triggers more than digital buttons.

Now you’re dead. Reload, you’re back outside the compound. Start again.

This is Watch underscore Dogs’ missions at their best.

What do they look like at their worst? Forced stealth missions in which being spotted is an instant fail, turning misinterpreted controls into a tedious roulette. Or maybe the occasional wave-defense missions, in which death against an onslaught of enemies spins you back to an autosave placed before a cutscene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Seems like it's not just you
    Just read the RPS review, he pretty much slammed it.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/27/watch-dogs-pc-review/

Strange that keyboard and mouse players are having these troubles. I've been playing on PC but using a 360 controller and have had none of the issues mentioned in that review regarding camera/controls. Ubisoft and their PC ports!

My biggest issue with the controls is the weapons wheel as it's quite hard to select a different weapon mid battle. I currently have around 15 or so weapons (from purchasing, picking up or rewards) but only use 4 as too hard to switch to say a sub-machine gun from a pistol.

One thing that is annoying me is the constant flashing up of various activities in your location (convoys, crimes etc). I can easily check if there is something happening from my map so please stop flashing it up on my screen or make it less intrusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've been enjoying it so far. The driving really is crap, making it impossible to have really good chases with the cops. Even in the driving skills preview videos, the guy is a crap driver.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Strange that keyboard and mouse players are having these troubles. I've been playing on PC but using a 360 controller and have had none of the issues mentioned in that review regarding camera/controls. Ubisoft and their PC ports!
    It's (yet another) poor PC port of a console game. TB running dual SLI Titan graphic cards can't run it at full resolution at 60fps; that's how poorly it's been ported...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Still haven't received amazon order even though it was dispatched on Saturday morning and was first class . Have checked parcel motel website and they haven't received it yet. Last time I preordered with first class delivery, parcel motel received it the next day .Has this happened to anyone else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

monday was a bank holiday over yonder, might have something to do with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Grayditch wrote: »
    I've been enjoying it so far. The driving really is crap, making it impossible to have really good chases with the cops. Even in the driving skills preview videos, the guy is a crap driver.

Hard to enjoy an open world game when the driving is so bad. 50% of the game would be driving.

Advertisement