Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

Just wondering if anyone knows if there's any game content or extra stuff that one would lose buying the game preowned rather than new? Specifically for PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

So finally decide to purchase from the US Ps4 store. Decided to but a $10 and $50 digital code off Amazon. The $10 one went through immediately but the $50 one could take up to 4 hours :-(

Wanted to have it downloaded tonight and ready to go in the morning. Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Just wondering if anyone knows if there's any game content or extra stuff that one would lose buying the game preowned rather than new? Specifically for PS4

you lose a 60 minute exclusive PS mission I dont know if there any good but I doubt its worth it if you can save money.

I like how if you do go on a mad spree peds will still spawn everywhere:D

once you shot one person in GTA4+5 that was it the streets would quickly empty out of that area fast and you were left running around with nothing to do but wait for the cops i noticed it much more in GTAV probly a result of hardware limits I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Nothing game changing or worth paying a higher price for, and most of the stuff if not all is in the season pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Only downside so far is the music, only 2 or so songs I like.

I'm quickly starting to hate that Weezer song I have always liked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

The Moose!! :)

Alkaline Trio - Private eye never gets old!!!!!!!!!! The very definition of a driving song :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The graphics are better than I expected after hearing they weren't the best. Driving still isn't my thing, most cars feel very slow to respond, which doesn't go to well at high speeds.

The city feels grand and full of life. The overheard conversations are cool and the missions seem fun so far.

It's better than I thought it would be, but not as good as was hyped, although it never could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

calex71 wrote: »
    You can also hack more choons off of the city folks :pac:

You can also use your sound sneak app to find out what songs are playing on radio which i thought was nice touch. I'm actually find more songs I like then dislike including a few I haven't heard in ages. I have a nice little playlist running on my mp3 player :P

Glad to see people are warming to this game. I'm actually really enjoying it at the moment to the point that I'm looking forward to playing it once I've finished work.

Despite my initial concerns towards the driving I'm getting used to it now (some cars more then others) though I do find the steering to be a touch too sensitive on most cars. Quite enjoy driving in FPS view off missions, though I do wish you could look around in your mirrors as I do miss a few things :)

Fully completed my first investigation (weapons cache) which had an unexpected and tricky conclusion. Also won a game of high stakes poker for a very nice reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The multiplayer is a tradegy.

It needs a lot of work but has great potential.

Campaign mode is interesting. Kind of splinter cell-ise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

calex71 wrote: »
    Motorbikes is really the best way to get around I'm finding , best balance of speed and handling in anything I've found so far.

Motorbikes? This game doesn't have motorbikes. Surely you are referring to all those cool hover bikes around the place. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Ok folks, I hated Assassins Creed but loved GTA. Will I enjoy this?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

chickenboy wrote: »

Its way more GTA than AC. But it's at its best just walking around eavesdropping and hacking rather than causing carnage. The sneaking about it a bit more like the cover system in modern Splinter Cell games.

Shooting is mostly satisfying from cover but is a bit too clunky for the open.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Jesus that Contract mission was way to hard.
    So early to..i gave up on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Took me about ten tries to do the first criminal convoy mission last night. Its ridiculous to have to ambush the two cars, kill all the reinforcements they get, then somehow get up to the two guys, and have to physically knock them out, rather than kill them or shoot them in the leg :x

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Having a problem in the ctos towers are not showing on my map for me to find and hack them. Anyone else having same problem? I only unlocked one and since then no other ctos towers showing on my world map

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kudros

@DARK-KNIGHT You have to first hack the Red markers indicating the CTOS system to unlock the locations of the ctos towers in each individual area of the map if my memory serves me correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Kudros wrote: »
    @DARK-KNIGHT You have to first hack the Red markers indicating the CTOS system to unlock the locations of the ctos towers in each individual area of the map if my memory serves me correct.

Nothing red showing on map

chickenboy wrote: »

It will make you miss GTA 5.

@DARK-KNIGHT As you unlock the ctOS towers, you'll open up more areas of the city & in doing so you'll see more ctOS towers on your map.

There are bases you have to take down before you can access the towers for the various areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Just a question on the season pass... I haven't bought a Ubisoft one before, basically, if you buy it does that mean you automatically get all future DLC "free". The wording "Download the Season Pass to save over 25%" is throwing me off, does it just mean each DLC will be available 25% cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

How much is the season pass?

@naughto €19.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

NRHeLh6.png

can anyone with the game confirm any 90 degree tracks?

Can't tell for sure where that is on the map but now I've seen that I'll go looking :pac:

Edit: Found it easilly , the trains do not do sharp 90 degree turns, in the left out of that shot there are nice gentle curves for the trains to turn on , is that guy trying to day they turn where they intersect in that picture?????? Thats just bs

The spot in question is on the east side of the loop island, if you follow the track from the station in the bottom middle north , its the 1st track junction you come to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I think they did a good job with the pedestrians, I noticed I haven't come across anybody saying the same quote (or at least enough times for me to notice) and there's plenty of cool little touches that adds to the life of the city.

I was walking towards a fast food joint when a man and woman came out the door, said their goodbyes, hugged each other and then went their separate ways.

Or when some people saw me with a gun, legged it, other pedestrians who didn't see my gun but saw people running ask "What's going on!?!" and start running with the others. :pac:

On the flip side, as much fun as causing traffic accidents are the pedestrians are a bit braindead; Hop out of the car, do an animation and then stand there gawking into the distance and then just abandon their cars on the road (Something all sandbox games do and something I always notice.) As far as I know, they're supposed to talk to each like exchange information but haven't seen it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Having a problem in the ctos towers are not showing on my map for me to find and hack them. Anyone else having same problem? I only unlocked one and since then no other ctos towers showing on my world map

I was having the same problem but they just appeared the last time I was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

sooo, good idea to buy a PS4 for this or no?

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    sooo, good idea to buy a PS4 for this or no?

I wouldn't buy a PS4 or Xbox One for this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I wouldn't buy a PS4 or Xbox One for this game.

ok then! I'm getting tempted though :o

Advertisement