Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Wait for the price drop then get one

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

http://www.gamesradar.com/8-things-do-watch-dogs-you-die/

Gonna track down that serial killer as soon as I see that mission pop up.

It's the sort of game where if you're going into it looking for things to complain about and dislike it, you'll find them.

That thing about the train tracks above, like in all honesty that's splitting hairs.
    I've no interest in waiting on a train track to see it do a 90 degree turn, it's just more senseless complaining tbh.

The only issue you can't avoid while playing is the crash detection when driving.
    You can get through narrow gaps far too easily without losing momentum.
    It more or less has to be a dead aim central hit to stop/slow you down.

Same with poles and bus stops etc, far too many just explode into dust instead of having an impact(or stopping you) in GTA.

Anything sort of to the sides will see you continue on fine.

That is probably the biggest issue with the game so far., if that's an issue for someone then it's certainly a potential deal breaker.
    Most other complaints is getting into nit picking IMO.

While the driving may not be as solid as GTA, the combat is far better.

Driving: GTA>Watchdogs
    Shoot outs: Watchdogs> GTA

It's only a shame you can't change some button configurations on console.
    I'm finding it awkward pressing A to enter cover and keep mixing A and B up and climbing a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

naughto wrote: »
    Wait for the price drop then get one

at the moment you can pick up an xbox with this and titanfall for 469.

a good way to enter the next gen if you ask me and reasonable priced i feel

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Did anyone here buy WD from the Euro PSN store and was able to download it a few days early?

I want to get EA UFC which is on the PSN store now but it says 'expected to be released 20 June' (actual release date). I want to get it digitally but would need a few days to download it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

cloud493 wrote: »
    Took me about ten tries to do the first criminal convoy mission last night. Its ridiculous to have to ambush the two cars, kill all the reinforcements they get, then somehow get up to the two guys, and have to physically knock them out, rather than kill them or shoot them in the leg :x

There's an obvious trap for them in an alley if you follow the yellow path backwards. You can pin them in with the blockers on each side and they are stuck there. But then they manage to kill themselves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

5uspect wrote: »
    There's an obvious trap for them in an alley if you follow the yellow path backwards. You can pin them in with the blockers on each side and they are stuck there. But then they manage to kill themselves...

Aye I found it eventually. But then you have to be able to knock them out without getting killed, while also being shot at by their mates, and if you try to knock down while holding a weapon you kill them :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Sorry, meant to say that it was an obvious place to trap them but it just doesn't work. I ended up separating them on the street and picking their mates off with a car first.
    Duggy747 wrote: »
    On the flip side, as much fun as causing traffic accidents are the pedestrians are a bit braindead; Hop out of the car, do an animation and then stand there gawking into the distance and then just abandon their cars on the road (Something all sandbox games do and something I always notice.) As far as I know, they're supposed to talk to each like exchange information but haven't seen it yet.

I saw a car rear end another ambiently as I was walking down the street, I'd just finished a mission and wasn't doing any hacking. They got out and had a bit of a chat, apparently it was just a rental...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    http://www.gamesradar.com/8-things-do-watch-dogs-you-die/

Gonna track down that serial killer as soon as I see that mission pop up.

Lana from Archer is in it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

calex71 wrote: »

DANNNNNGERRRR ZONNNNEEEE!!!!

• Advertisement

Heard a great line there.

Set off an explosive a sniper was holding.

Panicked voice: '' call my wife... Tell her I was ****ing her sister".....#Bang#

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Lana.. Lana... LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So is it worth picking this up for the ps4 then?
    I'm still playing threw second son at the minute but I've seen good and bad things about this game but I'm still interested just don't want to waste money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

So is it worth picking this up for the ps4 then?
    I'm still playing threw second son at the minute but I've seen good and bad things about this game but I'm still interested just don't want to waste money.

It reviewed slightly better than Second Son, make of that what you will. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Are we seriously not doing phrasing anymore?

Well feck you all, I think I've seen enough on this that I want to get it, but I've got an AMD Crossfire graphics setup and they seem to be running below par, so I'm awaiting some patches and the new beta drivers for AMD hit last night so there might be some help there.

Ha I just met her in person and am now stalking her :pac:

She's was inside
    the glass square during the spanner in the works mission where you have to look for that guys neice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I just finished act 1, that was awesome. I like the stealth but its a bit shaky around bars and protrusions. Took a few retrys just because of that but an amazing level all the same.

Is there a use for all the money I have now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I wouldn't buy a PS4 or Xbox One for this game.

I did :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

TinCool wrote: »
    I did :pac:
    I will be :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Is there a use for all the money I have now :confused:

Clothes, Weapons, cars and such!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Funniest thing i have seen is while assessing people i was passing a couple in an alleyway kissing away the guy had over his name allergic to latex the girls read HIV positive i actually rolled laughing at that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Saw one guy get friend-zoned, good laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hey guys I've a voucher for xtravision and wondering what game would I be better getting. Choice between watchdogs and wolfenstein. Anybody play both and what would you recommend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

That akward moment on gang hidouts where you knock the boss down in a car 10 times and get hideout failed only to then google it to see its a different type of "knock down" needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Must say that the game is too fun, the SpiderTank is just awesome!!

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    That akward moment on gang hidouts where you knock the boss down in a car 10 times and get hideout failed only to then google it to see its a different type of "knock down" needed

I'd say most people did that tbh.

You'd think it would say ''Knock out''.

I copped it quick enough as I managed to 'knock him down' on my third attempt but it still took another 5/6 goes to actually do it.

You die quick, I keep making a hames of the buttons as well, some awkward ones(A + B and pressing RB instead of L3)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I'd say most people did that tbh.

You'd think it would say ''Knock out''.

I copped it quick enough as I managed to 'knock him down' on my third attempt but it still took another 5/6 goes to actually do it.

You die quick, I keep making a hames of the buttons as well, some awkward ones(A + B and pressing RB instead of L3)

Thats strange, all the hideouts iv done so far is just press O/B to beat him down

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

5uspect wrote: »

or my quick and easy method. Grenade launcher wait at lights, boom the middle car and then the two blocker cars.

Make sure to pop any witnessed and its a nice tidy job. Well maybe not tidy but definitely quick :)

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hey guys I've a voucher for xtravision and wondering what game would I be better getting. Choice between watchdogs and wolfenstein. Anybody play both and what would you recommend ?

I've played both and they are totally different games, Wolfenstein was great, the best in it's class for quite some time but it will not last you that long.

Watch dogs would last you a while longer, it really comes down to which you like most open world sand box or first person shooter. Or just do what I did get wolfenstein and trade it in against watchdogs when finished.

Advertisement