Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

calex71 wrote: »
    I've played both and they are totally different games, Wolfenstein was great, the best in it's class for quite some time but it will not last you that long.

Watch dogs would last you a while longer, it really comes down to which you like most open world sand box or first person shooter. Or just do what I did get wolfenstein and trade it in against watchdogs when finished.

Off-topic slightly but how much trade you get for Wolfenstien?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've played both and they are totally different games, Wolfenstein was great, the best in it's class for quite some time but it will not last you that long.

Watch dogs would last you a while longer, it really comes down to which you like most open world sand box or first person shooter. Or just do what I did get wolfenstein and trade it in against watchdogs when finished.

Thanks. I went with Wolfenstein for the minute and then I'll trade it in like you suggested. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Still in Act 1 and got invaded, bastard got 52% of my data, couldn't find him at all in a big pedestrian area in the middle of town surrounded by cars. Finally saw him and got into a car chase, he hacked 2 traffic lights where a truck took me out in both and he got away. F*cking raging! so I decide to invade someone. I hop into a Firetruck and head to him......right in a park with hardly any people and no cars. I start the hack and park up outside the park on a small road ready to tear out. He must have ran around my firetruck 10 times, then drove up and down the road, back in the park and back to my truck. He was beside both doors, my windshield and nothing. 100% hack completed first go. F*cking rush man!

I highly recommend a fire truck for hacking other people. I also have an ice cream ruck in storage that plays the proper music an all.

Also, anyone having problems with video capturing on ps4? I pressed the shar button and it showed 1 video in Watch Dogs that was 2 seconds. I though it captured the last 15 minutes in case you don't know if you want to manually start a recording?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »

On the receipt I got from xtravision it says they will give me €30 cash or €35 credit.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    On the receipt I got from xtravision it says they will give me €30 cash or €35 credit.

Jesus is that all. ****ing Joke. The games out hardly 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

34 or 35 I think can;t find my receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

And they resell it for full price or knock €5 off, its quite crazy how it actually works for them, some consumers eh? Gobshites ;)

e42 and e46 in CEX if there's one near you(* next gen)

nix wrote: »
    And they resell it for full price or knock €5 off, its quite crazy how it actually works for them, some consumers eh? Gobshites ;)

I used to sell my games on adverts , the financial hit trading in at times is worth it for my sanity so I don't have to read "swap for something in my ads" when the ad clearly says no swaps, I guarantee if that went up on adverts now the 1st reply would be "swap" or lowball for "offer 25 collected" :mad:

..... /ponders actually doing that to see what happens :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Oh ive no problem with you trading in a game for a quick buck, done it plenty myself, I'm referring to people paying full whack for a second hand game.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ill give you 2 euro and ill save you a baitin from my petrol covered hands :D

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

There are way too many collectibles

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Still in Act 1 and got invaded, bastard got 52% of my data,
    Why is that bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If I had a choice, wolfenstein over watchdogs any day.

There are way too many collectibles

I was just going to post on that, there are a hell of a lot BUT unlike nearly every other game of it's kind they are not actually things you pick up, there is actual game play involved which I have to commend them on.

The most rewarding thing for me in this so far is when you complete an objective without having set foot in the place, hopping from camera to camera , even jumping onto a camera on a guard. I quiet like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

My only issue with it is how long it takes to find another player for online hacking. Other than that, I'm loving it!

ScumLord wrote: »
    Why is that bad?

I don't think so but I didn't realise how pissed off I would get about About someone hacking me while hiding 20 feet away. Way worse than usually being killed in a death match. Great multiplayer mode altogether.

The most rewarding thing for me in this so far is when you complete an objective without having set foot in the place, hopping from camera to camera , even jumping onto a camera on a guard. I quiet like that.

+1 on that. Got killed about 10 times trying to sneak into blume until I just camera hopped to hack my targets laptop and then walked straight out the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Found this over on reddit, photo bombing simulator http://imgur.com/a/iUCiV#1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

It's only a shame you can't change some button configurations on console.
    I'm finding it awkward pressing A to enter cover and keep mixing A and B up and climbing a lot.

This is my main cause of dying in this game or getting my cover blown. Hiding behind wall and accidentally press B. Proceed to hop over wall and get blown to bits!!
    Rossi IRL wrote: »
    That akward moment on gang hidouts where you knock the boss down in a car 10 times and get hideout failed only to then google it to see its a different type of "knock down" needed

Aren't all gang hideouts the same, in that you have to find and melee the target??

I'm after noticing there is actually quite a impressive load-out of weapons in the game (currently have around 32 in my inventory plus more to find/unlock). Ending up just buying all the weapons in the shop as I had too much cash! The sound effects for most of the weapons especially the pistols is quite satisfying. Adds to the combat I feel.

In saying that though I'm actually really liking the stealth aspect of this game. Really does feel like the latter splinter cell games. It also helps that I'm using the same gun I used in the latest splinter cell game (Silenced Goblin) Quite easy to take down a large groups without anyone even noticing you!

When I need to go loud I'm really liking the LMG for close-medium and the barrett sniper for longer range. Usually end up using the pump action grenade launcher for the heavies or for that satisfying car explosion :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Found this over on reddit, photo bombing simulator http://imgur.com/a/iUCiV#1

I tried earlier and they gave out to me till i went off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

I love the silenced pistol. Using thay and taking down people cover to cover is quite satisfying

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Had quite a bit of fun with it tonight. I've given up on cars and I just walk everywhere when I can. It's so voyeuristic to stroll down the street and listen to the various conversations then duck down a dark alley and beat the **** out of a mugger.

The hideout missions are fun for fairly open ended stealth. The silenced pistol in particular is very satisfying in this regard.

Still on Act 1 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Played this a fair bit today and it's excellent. Have only done about 5 or 6 campaign missions as I keep getting distracted by everything else on offer in the city :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Onto Act 2 at the moment and it is easily up there as one of the best games I've played in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

im loving it more and more as each day passes

today was my first time on the train today i had fun shooting people on that while the police were waiting for me :D:D

you could never kill people on the train in GTAV which was one of the dissapointing aspects to gtav no guns in the stripclub or trains etc

so i went apesh!t there LOL

i tried jumping out of the train in between links but it was a no go LOL

im warming to aiden now aswell just finished act 1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

so many little neat touchs everywhere with the peds

one ped seen me and seen me on the news so she was about to ring the cops till I ran away hahaha

a homeless man looking for a sandwich in the bin LOL

a couple having a fight and the man actually slaps the woman she ran away and I put a bullet in his head abit extreme I know LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Love the fact that bullet wounds appear on enemy bodies. Caused a crash by hacking the traffic lights earlier, guy got out of his burning car and started waving other traffic away from it. A couple of seconds later it exploded and he got thrown so hard by the blast, his body destroyed a bus stop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Played a good bit of it over the past few days, and compared to the hype it was getting, it's a bit disappointing. It has some very nice touches in places, but it smacks of a game where the developer came up with all these nice little ideas in the game but couldn't round off the game to make it......well, interesting.

It's far too like GTA for my liking too, I think the marketing of the game was very clever focusing on the 'hacking' aspect, when in reality it seems a minority of the game, and there's also far too many side missions, of which a lot aren't that fun or interesting.

It's a good game with clever, inventive narratives but a fair bit off the 'killer' title it was being hyped or speculated as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

My first hack on an unsuspecting player :D

I was sweating during it lol, it was a real game of cat & mouse. The 1 vs 1 hacks are a really great part of Watch Dogs.

My first Invasion - I wasn't really sure what I was doing but luck was on my side lol. At first I thought I could just drive off. I also presumed I was going to pull the guy out of the car GTA style and kill him.

Advertisement